“great hotel going back this year”

Comfort Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane
Ranked #31 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
southern ohio
“great hotel going back this year”
Reviewed 18 August 2008

My husband and I stayed here for our 39th wedding anniversary and we are going back this year in September for our 40th. We had a very plesant experience at Comfort Inn in Pigeon Forge. It had comfortable beds, a good two person jacuzi in our room. We had our own balcony which overlooded the main highway so we could sit on the balcony in the late evening and watch the activity at Dixie Stampede etc. I would highly recommend this hotel. Ohio traveler

• Liked — clean comfortable
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank southernohio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
East Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 6 August 2008

First, I'll note that someone booked this hotel for me, so I didn't read any TA reviews prior to staying.

My family stayed here for 5 nights while visiting Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. Overall, it was fine, but there were some downsides.

We stayed in a second floor room in what I'll call the main building. It had a nice balcony that looked over the parking lot, the Quality Inn next door and the Denny's. You could see the Smoky Mountains above them. It was the standard suite room - two queen beds, fridge, microwave.

PROS:
- It was very clean, both the main room and the bathroom, and my wife and I both thought the beds were comfortable. The room was more than big enough for four of us.
- The room had a safe and the free wireless internet worked well.
- The breakfast was very good. The make-your-own waffles are especially notable.
- There was an indoor pool with hot tub. The outdoor pool was shared with the Quality Inn next door. However, neither was very big, and being it was July, both were very crowded. We ended up not making use of them.
- The hotel is very convenient to Dollywood, within walking distance of Dixie Stampede, and next door were several fast food places (BK, Long John Silver's,Arby's, Pizza Hut), two ice cream places, and the Denny's.

CONS:
- Noise. I am a heavy sleeper, so it didn't bother me. My wife is a light sleeper, and didn't get much sleep the whole trip. Two reasons:
1) The A/C unit is either off or switching on/off based on room temp. There is no "fan only" mode. So the room either got too hot, or the A/C constantly switched on and off (and it was a loud unit).
2) The morning trash pickup. There is a dumpster behind the Denny's, and another in the parking lot. Between 5:00 and 6:30 AM every morning, the trash truck came by and emptied one or both dumpsters. That even woke me up. I think if you stayed on the other side of the hallway, it wouldn't be a problem.

- The microwave was rusty - the enamel coating was coming off. Not a big deal for us, but if we were planning on using it I would have been nervous.

• Liked — Room cleanliness and size; breakfast; location
  • Disliked — Noise
2 Thank KDAA
Reviewed 4 August 2008

We went down in June for 5 nts. and as we have stayed at comfort inn's before we decided to try it. The carpets in the hallway and in the room were in a desperate need of a scrubbing or cleaning. Some of the good things were that there was a restaurant on-site and it is convenient to dollywood. The beds were also very comfortable and the room was very spacious. It WAS a VERY GOOD value for the room, only $60 a night. PLenty of parking and i would recommend this hotel!!!!!

• Liked — comfy beds
  • Disliked — carpets
1 Thank nannyn124
PA
Reviewed 12 July 2008

We stayed in a suite during july 4th week and had perfect visit. We had 4 adults and two children in our room and had plenty of space. We could even watch the fireworks from our balcony on july 4th. The only negative comment about this hotel is The laundry room for guests to do laundry. The a/c was broken off of the wall and the temperature in that room was over 90 degrees. The other problem with the laundry area was that they only have two washers and two dryers so they always have people lined up to use them. Every request we had they took care of with a positive attitude from everyone. The room was very quiet we never heard a sound from the surrounding rooms, I only hope the other rooms could not hear our children either.

• Liked — Price and Comfort
  • Disliked — Nothing
3 Thank USfamilyVACATIONS
MISSISSIPPI
Reviewed 23 June 2008

I booked our stay here because of the reviews read on trip advisor. Sounded like the place to stay. The room looked nice when we arrived, but after walking in and looking around, kind of grossed out. There was semen stain on both of the couch cushions. The reviews said the beds were very comfortable. They are if you like very firm beds. Very uncomfortable to me. We also booked the room because it had a whirlpool bath for two. My husband had ran water and turned the jets on, only to have feces float out of the filter. Thank goodness he had not got in it yet. For $100+ a night, this was not a good room. Hotel had no internet connection and you have to share the outdoor pool with another hotel. Both pools were overcrowded. The indoor pool was located next to the entrance to our building, and it was always wet and filthy. The elevators were also continuously wet and filthy. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank KSNS
PFTravler, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane, responded to this review, 2 August 2008

KSNS Mississippi I apologize for your experience at our hotel. I cannot respond to your experience as I/we have no record of your visit and/or you did not report your experience to our personnel. Again, I apologize but cannot help you without knowledge of your experience. Ken Maples, Owner
Eddyville, Kentucky
Reviewed 3 June 2008

I chose this hotel due to the good reviews I had read about here on Trip Advisor. They were all true. It was a great place to stay and offered great family packages - which was really the selling point. All of the rooms have their own private balconies and are very spacious with a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and hair dryer. Room was very clean also. They do offer breakfast but the only hot items are biscuits & gravy and waffles. The biscuits & gravy weren't very good but that's just our opinion. The room where they have breakfast is very spacious (more than most hotels). They also have a very nice heated indoor pool with hot tub and also a very nice heated outdoor pool with hot tub. We utilized them both. I would recommend this hotel to any family and/or couple. Great location and just overall great place to stay.

• Liked — clean, convenient, spacious, vacation package, pools
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank Robin T
Orleans, Indiana
Reviewed 1 June 2008

We arrived on May 26th and was checked in right on time. We stayed in a room that was directly in the center of Building B. Our room was a 2 queen and included a micro fridge and microwave. It was very spacious, clean, and located in a quiet area off the main street. When sitting out on our balcony we could see the mountains off in the distance (yes you had to look past the parking lot and another hotel, but we were high enough up that it didn't really matter - and it was an "in-town" hotel, so we weren't expecting seclusion.) It was very peacful.

The beds were dreamy. In fact, we're currently looking into how we can buy the same model for our home. We stayed 4 nights and it was the first time in years my husband awoke back pain free.

Check-in went smooth and check-out went smoothly. They do charge you for an in-room safe. It states on top of the safe that they will and that you can request it be removed if you don't use the safe (how they know if you do or not I don't know). The charge was a $1.50/day and we used the safe so I didn't request it be removed. The safe was easy to use, comes with limited liability if your items are stolen from it, and easily fit 2 laptops, an extra hard drive, keys, and wallets in it. we felt like it was worth it to have these things locked up while we were out enjoying the sites.

Other than the dripping sound from the air conditioner's condensation, our stay was very quiet. We remedied the annoying drip-drip-drip by turning the fan on the AC to high. The sound of the fan going covered the dripping noise. (The dripping didn't bother my husband or daughter, just me - so probably depends on how light of a sleeper you are).

We visited the pool several times. Many nights it was crowded (there were several families with lots of kids staying while we stayed), but the pool temperature was good, and the hot tub was perfect. The area was clean and a bathroom is conveniently located right next to the pool (great location considering most kids have to go to the bathroom at least once during every pool excurision). We could see the pool from our balcony too. This was great for seeing how crowded the pool was before we headed down to it. We just waited till it cleared out most nights and then went down.

We didn't try the breakfast, but it smelled and looked good as we went by. There's just too many places in the area serving awesome breakfasts to eat a free hotel breakfast.

Someone mentioned construction, but we didn't hear any work being done where we stayed. We did smell fresh paint around the elevator, but we didn't even see work crews. I have to admit we left the hotel before or right at 8 am every morning and usually weren't back until 5-7pm. But, for us, vacationing isn't about sitting in the hotel, we want to be out and see the sites.

A hotel for us is just a clean, quiet place to rest that comes at a good price. This hotel was certainly all that and more. We got a great rate (less than $50/night) through the hotel's website by booking several weeks in advance.

When we return to the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area this will definitely be the hotel we call first for a room!

• Liked — beds, balcony, cleanliness, convenient location
  • Disliked — not really anything!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family