“no hot water, loud neighbors”

Comfort Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane
Ranked #37 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 3 January 2009

Loud nieghbors, no hot water in the AM.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank adamalama

Reviewed 20 November 2008

Arrived at hotel. Greeted warmly and offered handicapped room on first floor near entrance. Excellent room, clean, roomy amd with great comfortable beds. We were traveling with our three year old grand- daughter. SHE ENJOYED THE BREAKFAST ROOM. Waffles are her favorite.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank ETOWNDAN
Reviewed 9 November 2008

We stayed at the Comfort Suites by Dollywood for two nights. The stay all in all was nice. However, when I booked the room, I opted for a more expensive suite because it was advertised to have a hot tub, balcony, and mountain view. The room did have a mountain view and a small balcony, however, there was no hot tub. There was a two person jacuzzi in the room. While this may be nice, it was not what we anticipated. The rooms are nice and clean and the beds are really comfortable. However, for this to be advertised as a suite (in my opinion) is a little misleading. The room had a king size bed and a two person jacuzzi. It had a small table and two chairs, but you couldn't sit at the table and see TV and there was not a lot of room. The room had a refrigerator and microwave and a small counter and sink area, which is nice. I did tell the girl at the desk that the room was advertised to have a hot tub and not a jacuzzi and she said she would mention this to management. Also, the first night we were there, several of the cable channels on the TV did not work, but they were working the following day. The light and fan above the jacuzzi didn't work or else we didn't know how to turn it on. We even asked one of the ladies working there and she said she had never figured out how to turn them on either. The room got extremely hot when we ran water in the jacuzzi. The indoor pool and hot tub were nice. There were several families there and it was a nice environment. As for an outdoor pool, they share one with an adjoining hotel. That would be a little inconvenient if it was at a time for outdoor swimming. The continental breakfast was good. The gentlemen working there was very attentive to keeping the area cleaned and stocked. This was a nice touch. There are lots of different types of restaurants within walking distance of this hotel. That is really nice. It is just across the street from Dixie Stampede, however, you do have to cross a very busy highway to walk there. The people working there seemed to be very nice and very attentive. All and all a good stay, just think there are a few things that need attention.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GrannyPenny
PFTravler, Owner/Partner at Comfort Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2009

Hello,

Fist of all please accept my apology for your experience at our hotel. We did experience boiler issues (hot water issues) for one day due an unexpected problem with the system. This problem occurred sometime in the middle of the night per our plumbing contractor who repaired the system the same day of your stay. I certainly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your family. As far as the “loud neighbors” it is my understanding that you called the front desk concerning this matter and our staff contacted the room causing the loud noise (church group) and they complied with the request of the front desk. We cannot always monitor all noise in our property and appreciate you contacting us so that we could resolve this issue for you. Again, I apologize for your experience and hope that you will give us another opportunity to earn your business.

Ken Maples
Owner/Partner

Reviewed 4 November 2008

We stayed here for my parents 50th anniversary trip and they had a blast. The room was clean, staff was friendly and the continental breakfast was delicious. An added bonus was that the Dixie Stampede, Marble Slab, Denny's and Texas Roadhouse was within walking distance.

I read one review that mentioned the trash truck making a lot of noise early in the morning...the dumpster isn't even Comfort Inn's...it's Denny's...and of the 4 days we were there, only heard the truck once. Rolled over and went right back to sleep.

Next time I visit Pigeon Forge, I'll be staying here.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank hdlynnette
Reviewed 18 August 2008

My husband and I stayed here for our 39th wedding anniversary and we are going back this year in September for our 40th. We had a very plesant experience at Comfort Inn in Pigeon Forge. It had comfortable beds, a good two person jacuzi in our room. We had our own balcony which overlooded the main highway so we could sit on the balcony in the late evening and watch the activity at Dixie Stampede etc. I would highly recommend this hotel. Ohio traveler

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank southernohio
Reviewed 6 August 2008

First, I'll note that someone booked this hotel for me, so I didn't read any TA reviews prior to staying.

My family stayed here for 5 nights while visiting Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. Overall, it was fine, but there were some downsides.

We stayed in a second floor room in what I'll call the main building. It had a nice balcony that looked over the parking lot, the Quality Inn next door and the Denny's. You could see the Smoky Mountains above them. It was the standard suite room - two queen beds, fridge, microwave.

PROS:
- It was very clean, both the main room and the bathroom, and my wife and I both thought the beds were comfortable. The room was more than big enough for four of us.
- The room had a safe and the free wireless internet worked well.
- The breakfast was very good. The make-your-own waffles are especially notable.
- There was an indoor pool with hot tub. The outdoor pool was shared with the Quality Inn next door. However, neither was very big, and being it was July, both were very crowded. We ended up not making use of them.
- The hotel is very convenient to Dollywood, within walking distance of Dixie Stampede, and next door were several fast food places (BK, Long John Silver's,Arby's, Pizza Hut), two ice cream places, and the Denny's.

CONS:
- Noise. I am a heavy sleeper, so it didn't bother me. My wife is a light sleeper, and didn't get much sleep the whole trip. Two reasons:
1) The A/C unit is either off or switching on/off based on room temp. There is no "fan only" mode. So the room either got too hot, or the A/C constantly switched on and off (and it was a loud unit).
2) The morning trash pickup. There is a dumpster behind the Denny's, and another in the parking lot. Between 5:00 and 6:30 AM every morning, the trash truck came by and emptied one or both dumpsters. That even woke me up. I think if you stayed on the other side of the hallway, it wouldn't be a problem.

- The microwave was rusty - the enamel coating was coming off. Not a big deal for us, but if we were planning on using it I would have been nervous.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank KDAA
Reviewed 4 August 2008

We went down in June for 5 nts. and as we have stayed at comfort inn's before we decided to try it. The carpets in the hallway and in the room were in a desperate need of a scrubbing or cleaning. Some of the good things were that there was a restaurant on-site and it is convenient to dollywood. The beds were also very comfortable and the room was very spacious. It WAS a VERY GOOD value for the room, only $60 a night. PLenty of parking and i would recommend this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family