“C'mon Friday!”
Review of MainStay Suites

MainStay Suites
Ranked #9 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

Gnats were in the shower.
Next day a wierd bug was crawling in the showe, trying desperatelt to crawl out but kept sliding back down.
The water pressure was near a trickle - trying to conserve water which meant showers took way too long to lather up and rinse off.
Day 3 I was able to sleep in the sunken in and worn mattress only because I had been unable to sleep the previous two nights and I was just exhausted. Why am I still here? A weeklong business meeting - not happy. C'mon Friday! Yuck.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank sglover77
MainstaySuitesPF, Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Thank you for letting me know about these issues. In reviewing our housekeeping and maintenance log sheets I have no reports of the instances you described, however I will personally check on the issues you have mentioned and see that they are corrected. I am also seeking to personally meet you and do whatever I can to quickly remedy the problems. Since you are scheduled to depart within an hour of this posting I might miss the opportunity to connect with you, but will do my best. I appologize that your stay was effected by what sounds to be simple maintenance issues. Thanks again for your feedback so we can work to correct the issues.
P Campbell, General Manager

Reviewed 29 April 2012

My larger family stayed in one of the suites that could accomodate 6 people. We were very happy with the cleanliness of the general area of the hotel and specifically of our room. The breakfast selection and quality was great, even for my daughter with milk allergies. The kids enjoyed swimming in the indoor pool. The only drawback to the hotel, in our opinion, was the elevator which seemed to need some maintenance. It was shaky and very slow. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Laurie J
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2016

Reviewed 29 April 2012

We visited this hotel in the fall of 2011. We were pleasantly surprised at the convenient location of the hotel - just off the main highway through town. We had a "suite" which included a living room area, kitchen with stove, sink, refrigerator, dishes, towels, dish detergent, etc. and a bedroom with a door that closed it off from the living area, as well as a nice bathroom.

The hotel provided a good quality free breakfast which always helps cut the cost of traveling. The rooms were exceptionally clean, had a great view of the fields surrounding the hotel, and the staff was professional but friendly and polite.

We recommend this to anyone wanting a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pastures/fields to the side of the hotel, also a room on the top floo...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TravelingMomRome_Ga

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Our stay here was exceptional and awesome. The staff was nice and really helpful, the rooms were clean and big. the beds were great. and it was a very great location. The suites are the perfect size and they had a small kitchen with a stove and a refrigerator. The room was in a separate room and it was a pretty decent size. everytime I stay in Pigeon Forge I will definately stay here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cari W

Reviewed 19 March 2012

This is a great place to stay while visiting the Smoky Mountaiuns. Every room is a suite, the breakfast is great and the staff is cheerful.A good value for the price.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank c0mmanderray
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Stayed 6 nights. Disappointed there was no hot water on day 1; the phone in my room was old and dirty looking; the phone wire had a short in it and when I called about the water I couldn't hear them and vice versa; my carpet needed vacuuming (lots of lint and stuff); my commode was wobbly; and the TV was the old tube style and the picture was very dark. When someone in another room turned stations or turned their TV off, it also did mine! The walls were paper thin and my neighbors were 'gettin' bizzy' and I heard waaay too much! Their headboard abutted mine! Asking for room houskeeping is the only way to get it. You can get light touch or full (w\linen change and vacuum) if you request it by 11 a.m. I needed a luggage cart but none were availble (folks hadn't returned them to the lobby) and staff didn't try to locate any. Couldn'nt get Choice Privileges because of my room rate, they could at least give a portion of the stay some points - stay 6 nites, get 4 nites' points.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank sglover77
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is the top tier of the Choice Hotel brand. The rooms offer a full kitchen and comfortable, modern bedding styles. The suites are of an open floor plan unless you ask for a "one-bedroom" suite, which has the same floor plan, with a wall and a door separating the bedroom from the rest of the suite. In the living area there's a couch and chair, two end tables put together to make up a "coffee table", and a TV. In the rooms with the bedroom separate, there is an LCD in the bedroom and one in the living area. The open floor plans offer a tube TV that swivels to both areas. The rooms have a full granite counter with two full size chairs so that you can eat comfortably. The kitchen is a full size. Plenty of storage and work space. There's also an actual closet to store your things in. The bathroom is small but fully functional. It's all one room, as oppossed to the lavatory being separate. There is a balcony off of the living area for some fresh aire, which is nice. What I noticed that makes me say it "doesn't pop" is that the living area furniture is of an older genre; and the lighting is really really dim. Not bad in most cases, just not over the top. Overall, it's comfortable and very clean. Check it out!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo