“Room for improvement...”

Ranked #7 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Maryville, TN
“Room for improvement...”
Reviewed 31 May 2012 via mobile

...but still managed to enjoy our stay. As with most hotels, I recommend you bring your own pillow. Also, i was disappointed with the quality of the mattress...need to change them out. Internet speed was the worst I have experienced at a hotel in a while...I've seen faster dial-up! The tv is obviously not from this century as it is still a tube television although the pic was still pretty decent considering. Bathroom and kitchenette were both well equipped, clean, and functional. Spent most of our time at the pools with my daughter who loved every second in the water. The indoor pool was freezing, so luckily it only stormed once while we were there forcing us inside. The outdoor pool, kiddie pool, and lazy river were very enjoyable. The lazy river needs some real pool maintenance and cleaning as far as the tile, grout, and caulk. It appears the onsite maintenance crew took a shot at it and it turned out looking like the work of some kids in the craft room at VBS...in need of a good cleaning and repair, and it's only May! The cupola and dormer over the indoor pool are rotten, mold and mildewy, and falling apart as well as some of the soffit trim on the outside is gone and the soffit is falling. None of that affected our stay, just disappointed that they aren't maintaining the facilities any better. The grounds on the other hand are beautifully landscaped and well kept. I just hope they don't overlook the needed exterior building maintenance and let the place go.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, 27 June 2016

865-428-8350

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

Gnats were in the shower.
Next day a wierd bug was crawling in the showe, trying desperatelt to crawl out but kept sliding back down.
The water pressure was near a trickle - trying to conserve water which meant showers took way too long to lather up and rinse off.
Day 3 I was able to sleep in the sunken in and worn mattress only because I had been unable to sleep the previous two nights and I was just exhausted. Why am I still here? A weeklong business meeting - not happy. C'mon Friday! Yuck.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank sglover77
MainstaySuitesPF, Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Thank you for letting me know about these issues. In reviewing our housekeeping and maintenance log sheets I have no reports of the instances you described, however I will personally check on the issues you have mentioned and see that they are corrected. I am also seeking to personally meet you and do whatever I can to quickly remedy the problems. Since you are scheduled to depart within an hour of this posting I might miss the opportunity to connect with you, but will do my best. I appologize that your stay was effected by what sounds to be simple maintenance issues. Thanks again for your feedback so we can work to correct the issues.
P Campbell, General Manager
Cullman, AL
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My larger family stayed in one of the suites that could accomodate 6 people. We were very happy with the cleanliness of the general area of the hotel and specifically of our room. The breakfast selection and quality was great, even for my daughter with milk allergies. The kids enjoyed swimming in the indoor pool. The only drawback to the hotel, in our opinion, was the elevator which seemed to need some maintenance. It was shaky and very slow. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Laurie J

Rome, Ga
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We visited this hotel in the fall of 2011. We were pleasantly surprised at the convenient location of the hotel - just off the main highway through town. We had a "suite" which included a living room area, kitchen with stove, sink, refrigerator, dishes, towels, dish detergent, etc. and a bedroom with a door that closed it off from the living area, as well as a nice bathroom.

The hotel provided a good quality free breakfast which always helps cut the cost of traveling. The rooms were exceptionally clean, had a great view of the fields surrounding the hotel, and the staff was professional but friendly and polite.

We recommend this to anyone wanting a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pastures/fields to the side of the hotel, also a room on the top floo...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TravelingMomRome_Ga

Corryton, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Our stay here was exceptional and awesome. The staff was nice and really helpful, the rooms were clean and big. the beds were great. and it was a very great location. The suites are the perfect size and they had a small kitchen with a stove and a refrigerator. The room was in a separate room and it was a pretty decent size. everytime I stay in Pigeon Forge I will definately stay here.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cari W

Tucker, Georgia
Reviewed 19 March 2012

This is a great place to stay while visiting the Smoky Mountaiuns. Every room is a suite, the breakfast is great and the staff is cheerful.A good value for the price.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank c0mmanderray
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Stayed 6 nights. Disappointed there was no hot water on day 1; the phone in my room was old and dirty looking; the phone wire had a short in it and when I called about the water I couldn't hear them and vice versa; my carpet needed vacuuming (lots of lint and stuff); my commode was wobbly; and the TV was the old tube style and the picture was very dark. When someone in another room turned stations or turned their TV off, it also did mine! The walls were paper thin and my neighbors were 'gettin' bizzy' and I heard waaay too much! Their headboard abutted mine! Asking for room houskeeping is the only way to get it. You can get light touch or full (w\linen change and vacuum) if you request it by 11 a.m. I needed a luggage cart but none were availble (folks hadn't returned them to the lobby) and staff didn't try to locate any. Couldn'nt get Choice Privileges because of my room rate, they could at least give a portion of the stay some points - stay 6 nites, get 4 nites' points.

• Stayed March 2012