“Our second trip”
Review of MainStay Suites

MainStay Suites
Ranked #8 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed here 2013 and came back again this year. LOVE being off the main drag and in a quiet setting. Rooms are clean, have small kitchenette for anyone wanting to cook a little for themselves. Has fridge, dishwasher, microwave and small stove top. Grandkids love the lazy river and the two pools....plus a kiddie pool. Breakfast can get very busy later in the a.m. but a good selection of food. Would recommend AGAIN for anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: All balcony rooms are on floors 2 thru 4. Great place to hang a wet suit. Also has laundry facility.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
MainstaySuitesPF, Front Office Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

I am glad you chose to stay with us again. Thank you for the nice comments. We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The room was big and appeared clean. When we pulled out the sleep sofa there was trash underneath it. The beds were really hard. The people in the room above us were noisy late into the night. You could even hear them talking so I don't think the rooms were very well insulated. The pool area is nice but there were no towels. You had to go to the front desk to ask for them.Breakfast was good but there was no where to sit and eat. We had to carry it to our room on the second floor and by then the food was cold. The stay was just average. I am not sure if we will stay here again or try out another place.

1  Thank Tars57
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

I am glad you stayed with us and wish you would have taken the time to talk with me during your stay. We pride our hotel and our scores on cleanliness. The beds are new about 60 days old every mattress in the entire building was replaced with the Simmons Beauty Rest II plush.
Breakfast at any hotel when you are full is a problem at times and people when 200 people want to eat at 52 chairs. Thank you for staying with us and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I took my kids this past weekend to just get away for a few days in Pigeon Forge. I had not stayed here before but it was perfect. The indoor pool and outdoor lazy river were great in the heat. The room was very clean. The lobby was beautiful with a computer available to guests. The breakfast was super with gravy and waffles. The room was not ready and they were so nice to say just hang out by the pool and we will call you when it is ready. The grounds are beautiful. It was only a minutes to drive right out to the main street. The only down side for me was a night person that I made the reservation with was not very nice. I am glad I did not let her attitude change my mind about the staying there. I will be back again before the summer is out I am sure!

Room Tip: Having a balcony would have been better I think. Maybe a pool view too.
1  Thank stephaniern

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Booked room at 10:00 in morning checked in at 11:00 that night. Found bug on pillow & mashed him imediately went down 7 ask for another room back to the room & moved all my luggages to other room found bug on that pillow looked at my watch saw it was 12:00 & decided to spend the night, left all luggage zipped & on bar in the kitchen.
sheets looked very clean. Checked out the next morning. Breakfast bar which is included in price had a good selection of hot & cold food. No hotel has enough seating at8:30-9 in the morning. The hotel was a couple blocks off the main drag in aresidentual area so it was quite & had beautiful pasture & mountains behind it beautiful view from our room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and our extermination program. We spend several thousands of dollars tot make sure that our hotel rooms are inspected every month. Our rooms are also inspected by our head housekeeper daily.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have stayed here several times in the past couple of years. This trip was a little special because two of our children's friends who had never been to the area traveled with us. Upon check in, we learned that the bank had put a fraud alert on our debit card. Major hassle, however the hotel staff was more than friendly and was very understanding. We were scheduled to stay all of Memorial day weekend. The room was clean as always, the pool was full of people having fun and the maintenance staff was always around the grounds to make any needed repairs. These rooms all have a full size fridge, a two burner stove, a microwave and a coffee maker, perfect for families. Breakfast was good, sausage patties, gravy, biscuits, scrambled eggs,fruit, cereal and oatmeal. The housekeeping staff are very friendly and are always willing to go the extra mile. We did not leave the room one day until after 2pm and they still cleaned our room. Some places that we have stayed don't clean after noon. I would recommend anyone who is looking for a peaceful getaway, friendly staff and a lovely hotel...this is the place.

Room Tip: If you have kids that love the pool, request a room with the balcony facing the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nezelz
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us. You just described what a hotel and a family vacation should be like. To see people having fun in the pools and to see my staff taking care of guest and the property sure makes me feel good. I am sure happy to have guest like yourself spend ytour vacation with us.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel is perfect. Very clean and well decorated. Great staff, beautiful landscaping. Lazy river and conference center. Indoor and outdoor pools. Balconies . there is a pretty creek crossing the property. The only downfall is that we got caught the last to days in tots and tiara hell. There times a year they host a beauty pagent. And it was crazy. I was glad to get out of there. But I found out that they do them in march, June, and December. So if you plan to go during those months check ahead to be sure its not pagent week. Otherwise I loved everything about the place. It is off the main parkway.

Room Tip: Be sure there is no pagents going on. And it is off the beaten path.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank patorswife
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for your nice comments about the hotel and my staff. It was Pageant weekend and yes a lot of kids. We are a beautiful hotel one block off the strip nestled on Ogle Farm. Thank you and come back soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great hotel, While they were very busy and the venue is in a heavy tourist area, I had a very enjoyable stay. The hotel was also very reasonably priced. There is a peaceful stream on the property for additional relaxation opportunities. The suroundimg Smoky Mountains are breath taking.

Room Tip: I always prefer the top floor as they are more peaceful
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank trsandy
MainstaySuitesPF, Front Office Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.