“Overall experience was Very Good!”
Review of MainStay Suites

MainStay Suites
Ranked #10 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here back in May. I think it's a great hotel overall. Off the beaten path but still close to the main strip. Serene surroundings with a stream in the backdrop. Rooms were clean with updated beds and sofa bed. Pool areas were great. The indoor pool seemed a bit cold but the kiddos mainly swam in the outdoor pools. Only issues were that breakfast was a bit overcrowded and the elevator was pretty slow & busy. It seems like the hotel needs another one for being so widespread. These were not deal breakers for us. We would definitely return and just try to wake up earlier to beat the rush.

• Stayed: May 2014
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

The bed linens were not very clean. The blankets had hairs all over them. That's a deal breaker for me. The room had an odd musty smell. The upside is the full refrigerator. Personally, I will not return due to the cleanliness issue.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I am glad you stayed with us while on vacation. Cleanliness is a big issue with me also. We take great pride in making sure to the best of our ability that all rooms are inspected before a guest arrives to just make sure it is clean. Our scores on cleanliness have been excellent and we hope that you will return.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I travel to Pigeon Forge for short getaways a LOT! This place has the friendliest, courteous staff around. They go above and beyond their duties to suit your needs. Our room was spotless and very cozy. Private balcony overlooks kiddie pool, outdoor pool, and lazy river. I really liked the pool areas hours of operation. They stay open longer than most. Nestled off the main strip, but only a hop away. Very peaceful and family/kid friendly. Will be our home away from home. Thanks for a wonderful stay and helping me find my boy some chocolate milk!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl A
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for being our guest. What a nice review about our property and staff. I am so glad that your son got his chocolate milk..

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed here 2013 and came back again this year. LOVE being off the main drag and in a quiet setting. Rooms are clean, have small kitchenette for anyone wanting to cook a little for themselves. Has fridge, dishwasher, microwave and small stove top. Grandkids love the lazy river and the two pools....plus a kiddie pool. Breakfast can get very busy later in the a.m. but a good selection of food. Would recommend AGAIN for anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: All balcony rooms are on floors 2 thru 4. Great place to hang a wet suit. Also has laundry facility.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
MainstaySuitesPF, Front Office Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

I am glad you chose to stay with us again. Thank you for the nice comments. We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The room was big and appeared clean. When we pulled out the sleep sofa there was trash underneath it. The beds were really hard. The people in the room above us were noisy late into the night. You could even hear them talking so I don't think the rooms were very well insulated. The pool area is nice but there were no towels. You had to go to the front desk to ask for them.Breakfast was good but there was no where to sit and eat. We had to carry it to our room on the second floor and by then the food was cold. The stay was just average. I am not sure if we will stay here again or try out another place.

1  Thank Tars57
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

I am glad you stayed with us and wish you would have taken the time to talk with me during your stay. We pride our hotel and our scores on cleanliness. The beds are new about 60 days old every mattress in the entire building was replaced with the Simmons Beauty Rest II plush.
Breakfast at any hotel when you are full is a problem at times and people when 200 people want to eat at 52 chairs. Thank you for staying with us and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I took my kids this past weekend to just get away for a few days in Pigeon Forge. I had not stayed here before but it was perfect. The indoor pool and outdoor lazy river were great in the heat. The room was very clean. The lobby was beautiful with a computer available to guests. The breakfast was super with gravy and waffles. The room was not ready and they were so nice to say just hang out by the pool and we will call you when it is ready. The grounds are beautiful. It was only a minutes to drive right out to the main street. The only down side for me was a night person that I made the reservation with was not very nice. I am glad I did not let her attitude change my mind about the staying there. I will be back again before the summer is out I am sure!

Room Tip: Having a balcony would have been better I think. Maybe a pool view too.
1  Thank stephaniern

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Booked room at 10:00 in morning checked in at 11:00 that night. Found bug on pillow & mashed him imediately went down 7 ask for another room back to the room & moved all my luggages to other room found bug on that pillow looked at my watch saw it was 12:00 & decided to spend the night, left all luggage zipped & on bar in the kitchen.
sheets looked very clean. Checked out the next morning. Breakfast bar which is included in price had a good selection of hot & cold food. No hotel has enough seating at8:30-9 in the morning. The hotel was a couple blocks off the main drag in aresidentual area so it was quite & had beautiful pasture & mountains behind it beautiful view from our room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and our extermination program. We spend several thousands of dollars tot make sure that our hotel rooms are inspected every month. Our rooms are also inspected by our head housekeeper daily.