“Fairly satisfied”

Ranked #22 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Tennessee
“Fairly satisfied”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2009

Room was average, about a 4 out of 5 for this type of hotel. Toilet did not work as well as it should. Guest services area was very helpful and the services area was clean and up to date. The pool area needs work. The pool is about 20 X 40. Fairly small if more than 10 people are in it. It was a bit dirty with grungy walls and very hot in the pool area. Elevator area and service carts were dated and needed cleaned up. The outside needed a little attention to detail. Not a great deal. Better deals were to be had after we got there.

1 Thank bigdaddy47

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2009

Ramada limited is located more at the beginning of the strip in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee....don't get this one confused with Ramada Inn that is located near the Dollywood end of the strip! We passed it up the first time because it was in the area of the blackbear jamboree and other attractions. I assumed it was further down :)
At check inn the employees were friendly and quick to help....I was required to place a $20 deposit on our rooms in case of damage which I thought was no biggie because we would get it back at checkout. The rooms had nice decor, free wi-fi, microwave and refridgerator, pool, fitness room & sauna access, also they served breakfast in the lobby area from 6-10 am every morning. You also have in-room coffee, iron and board, and sugared citrus shampoo/conditioner (loved this shampoo!).
On the least-liked side we had trouble with our air conditioner the first night that we stayed....every time I would start falling asleep the compressor would make a loud noise and wake me up, it also wasn't keeping the room very cool. We called the front desk that next morning and they sent a maintenance man up to take a look at it....he knew right away what the problem was and said he would fix it. A little later on he came back and replaced the whole unit in less than five minutes so they did fix the problem.
Over all I was pleased with the hotel and the housekeeping was great!

2 Thank mesing2u
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2009

We stayed 4 nights from 7-21 through 7-25-2009. We checked in the staff was very friendly. The continential breakfast was very good but after 8 is when it starts getting crowded its hard to find seats. The pool area was nice but they have a whirlpool inside the pool so the whirlpool was cold. Very nice hotel. and good convienence to Dollywood and Splash Country.

2 Thank clarsenseattle102
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2009

Our stay at the Ramada was nice. The breakfast area was very nice with lots of seating and quite a few choices. Cereal,hard boiled eggs,toast,bagels,muffins,oatmeal, yogurt,bananas,apples, orange juice, cranberry juice and milk.One morning they had biscuits and sausage. Pool is inside and muggy but the kids enjoyed themselves, we sat outside and watched them from the patio furniture. You can view the mountains from the hotel. Staff was friendly.The room was clean and quiet.Only problem was the traffic which was awful but we found the bi passes so you could get to and from the Smokys without having to go through Gatlinburg which was a mess to get through.Bumper to bumper traffic,walkways across the middle of the streets which were a drivers nightmare with people walking right out in front of you.Be very careful!

2 Thank Fulisa2Michigan
schizo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2009

We stayed at this hotel July 5-8,2009. We had a fabulous stay. The other reviewers are right, the hotel rooms could use some updating. The toilet wouldn't flush right and that was kind of a pain and there were a few other minor things but overall the rooms were very pleasant. They were a good size. The beds were very comfortable. The front desk staff were so sweet and helpful. The check in and check out process went smoothly. The breakfast consisted of pastries, biscuits and sausage, toast, fruit etc. The dining area was large with plenty of seating. The pool is heated and clean which was so nice. One thing I did not like was that I had no signal for my phone in my room. I have AT&T and usually don't have a problem getting a signal. My phone just said "No Service". So, I had to go to the lobby to make calls. Kind of annoying. I would definately stay here again. We only paid $67/ night which was quite reasonable.

1 Thank Lisaphillipsrn
Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2009

I booked this hotel in advance for a surprise Christmas present trip for my mom. I pre-paid and so I received a discount for doing that. The prices for this time of year were reasonable and the hotel was very nice, large and clean. Having previously worked at the front desk of a hotel for 4 years, I do pay close attention to the action of front desk workers at hotels because I have been in their shoes, and all of them were very nice and helpful. Really, the only complaint I had, if it's really a complaint, was the location of the hotel and how you got to it. If you were going into Pigeon Forge, this hotel is on the left, but you have to do a U-turn into sometimes heavy traffic to get to the entrance. But overall, I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed December 2008
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2009

The room was clean and neat and the carpet looked new. My wife's biggest beef is the old carpet and hotel smell in the hallway. The pool was small and overcrowded. The breakfast was nice. We had pancakes one day and sausage biscuits the next. We were on the third floor, furthest from the elevator. It was a long walk to the elevator, but it was very quiet in our room. Our window view was obstructed by the hotel's roof. Since I am the driver, getting out of there was terrible! The traffic is horrible any time of day. If you need to go left, you have to turn right and figure out how to turn around. If this hotel had a light on the corner, this would be an idea place to stay. I booked several weeks in advance and got it for $68 a night Sun-Tues non-refundable on an internet travel site. Of course, this was not near a holiday.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family