“Great hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were very impressed with the cleanliness of this place! We had a 3 night stay and enjoyed our stay very much.
The breakfast was always good and plentiful with a great outside patio! The balcony overlooked
the river and was just beautiful!
My only complaint was the elevator was not working and the steps were a killer! But this was not the hotel's fault they were waiting for a part.
I definitely will stay here on my next trip!

Room Tip: do not book room 238 it is next to the mechanical room and we heard banging in our room. That is my...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sweda h
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We enjoyed having you here and look forward to next time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (741)
  • Arabic first
Clarksburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Normally when I travel to Pigeon Forge it is for more than a few days, so I usually stay in a rental cabin. This trip I was only going to be there for two days and decided to stay in a hotel on the parkway. I had looked at the Inn before but never stayed. Because I was traveling with my mother, I decided to splurge a little (very little, the price was very reasonable) and reserved a river side room. It was well worth it. So peaceful and beautiful. The sound of the river was so soothing and the view of the Smoky Mountains as spectacular. We stayed in Pigeon Forge in the middle of a 10 day, eight state vacation and it was nice to sit on the balcony in the evening and relax. Surprisingly little traffic noise. The beds were very comfortable, the bathroom was nice sized, and the room itself was decent sized. Didn't feel cramped at all. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. A special shout out to the housekeeping staff. Both mornings when we left our room, someone from the staff was in the hallway and went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this location and will most likely stay there again if I'm in Pigeon Forge for a limited number of days.

Room Tip: The riverside rooms are a little more expensive but very much worth it.
1 Thank Beckasue75
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We are pleased to read about your stay and hope to see you again soon!
Lima Ohio
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were en route to our vacation we both have long overdue for. My cell rings, its the Hotel...A very professional employee introduces themselves & informs me the elevator is down and we are on the 4th floor...UGH I appreciated the call & the sincere offer of a 10% discount. I appreciated that & they even offered to carry our luggage. I wish I had known sooner since my other half was 6 months out from abdominal surgery and I would of attempted to find a alternative lodging that wasn't a work out for her. Overall a nice value for the area , just lousy timing for us. Overall a clean nice hotel.. just too much work when you visit your hotel room more than once a day.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We apologize for the inconvenience caused by our elevator during your stay with us. We are happy to report that the part we were waiting for has come in and we are working on the elevator now! We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Indoor and Outdoor pools, Patio breakfast (free) area, cozy fireplace in the lobby, popcorn happy hour. Make sure you ask for a room on the top floor and overlooking the river. Cool to hear and see the river at night. Granddaughter especially liked feeding the mother ducks and her brood by the river after breakfast the next morning. Staff friendly and accommodating. In the middle of restaurants and attractions. Only problem we had was the elevator was broken in our building which meant we had to drag our luggage up the stairs. We solved that by only taking what we had to. Right across the street is the Mellow Mushroom - great place to eat. We'd definitely plan to go back to see Dollywood, which was just a few miles away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor overlooking the river.
1 Thank Patter101
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again next time you are in Pigeon Forge!
Elmwood Park, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Spent just a few nights in Pigeon Forge. The Inn was really reasonable and nice. Super clean,updated rooms. Pillow top beds, soft comforters. 2 Adults, 2 Kids had a special for Dollywood tickets. Staff was nice, helpful and friendly. Have been to a few other places in the area to stay and this is by far one of the nicest.

Room Tip: Overlook the river for a few extra dollars!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dena S
Thank you for a great review and for recommending The Inn On The River!
Owingsville, ky
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very clean, great service, very comfy bed and the breakfast was wonderful! Would defiantly recommend this hotel to people, really enjoyed our stay. The whirlpool was so nice after a long day of shopping!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank melcorey2407
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We hope to see you again soon!
Hixson, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Family of four, 2 adults & 2 teen boys. Stayed on riverside with balcony on third floor. Quiet place. Friendly at check in & check out. Nice view of river. First day we could not go on balcony bc we could smell cigar from obviously someone breaking the non-smoking policy! Next day we did not experience that. Beds were comfortable and clean. Good shower. Plenty of clean towels. Nice tv.
Fantastic hot breakfast; males enjoyed the biscuits/gravy/sausage/eggs & waffles. I chose lighter side. Great fruit cups, yogurt, toast, peanut butter. Excellent food variety. Both mornings we chose to sit on the patio above the river for breakfast. Popcorn provided at evening from 7-10, along with refreshing tea in the lobby. We missed the first night but had the pleasure on the second night to enjoy both on our way out.

Enjoyed our stay for two I nights (June 30-July 2) Guys played in indoor pool & we used the hot tub. Clean area, pool could have been bit cleaner. Would definitely stay again; however, I was disheartened at check in when I saw three people beside me using the travel coupons and had availability for them to use their coupons. I had made a reservation online & took advantage of a $10 off room stay & $25 gift card at checkout which I forgot to get but the staff is suppose to mail to us. Total pd $307 for two nights stay. I had a 24 hr cancellation period. I did ask the lady if I could have used the coupon but could not since I had a reservation. Coupon was for $79 & $99 (riverside).

With 3 males would prefer to have vanity/sink area outside the bathroom:) Overall excellent stay!

Room Tip: Stay in 310. Pool was to our right from balcony but did't seem too loud. Nice morning view.
2 Thank T L
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and to share your experience with us! We are looking forward to your next vacation in Pigeon Forge, TN!