“Very nice!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Nashville, Tennessee
“Very nice!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stopped in Pigeon Forge for a quick weekend trip, booked at the last minute. Very pleasantly surprised. Quiet, comfortable room. Great location with many good restaurants within walking distance. Nice breakfast offerings. Would stay again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lpcannon
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again next time you are in town!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (802)
  • Arabic first
Virginia
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The Inn on the River was okay for a one night stay. We had an issue with dirty duvet covers and wash cloths. Other than that, it was clean and comfortable.

There was only one available outlet in our room, so charging devices and hair care was a little difficult.

The breakfast area was a mad house! Way not enough room for a large crowd. However, the ladies took very good care of the area and the hotel offers sweet tea in the lobby all day which makes it nice when you are dropping in throughout the day and evening.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this review, 24 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am surprised to read that you found cleanliness problems during your stay. We clean and exchange ALL bed linens every day unless during a stay-over you choose not to have them changed.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed breakfast and found the rest of your stay comfortable.

Please feel free to contact me to further discuss your stay with us. I would like to know which room you stayed in so I can follow up on the cleanliness problem.

Rebecka Urban
Guest Services Manager
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

My son and I stayed here for four nights. The room was ready when we got there. The room was very clean and large. The price of the room was great. The bed was comfortable and the pillows fluffy and soft. The bathroom was roomy as well. Slept well every night. The free breakfast was plentiful and well prepared. At night they had popcorn and tea, which tasted great too. It brought everyone out of their room at night, and it gave us a friendly experience with the other guests. The staff was pleasant. We had a great stay and would stay there again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for a great review of The Inn On The River! We appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you again!
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The showers were freezing. Was told I would receive a 10% discount and never got it. My husband had coffee from the in room keurig and got sick. He has been I'll all week with flu like symptoms from the fowl water. Breakfast was also cold. Would not stay again. Rooms were ok but need updating. Not worth what I paid.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank bettydavis77
innontheriver, General Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on The Inn On The River. I do take all comments seriously. I recently heard about the cold water in your shower and, after investigation, have not received any other complaints. Our hot water heaters each service an entire floor of rooms and after checking your room I found there to be hot water. Prior to your review appearing on TripAdvisor.com, but after reading your in-house review, we called you on 8/26/14 and refunded you more than 50% of your room charge. I cannot responsibly respond to the cause/effect you mention about the Keurig coffee maker and how your husband became ill. We get numerous compliments on our breakfast and have never ever had a one single complaint of cold food. I would like to discuss your comments further so please contact me at: karl@myinnontheriver or call 865-257-7775.

Karl Thomas
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I had the pleasure of coming to Pigeon Forge for the first time this week while I was in the area for business! I was greeted as soon as I walked in the front door by the GM, Karl Thomas and his wonderful front desk attendant, Danielle. They gave me all kinds of ideas of where to go, where to eat and what to do. They handed me valuable coupons for the area attractions and restaurants. I felt like home when I walked into my room. It was very clean and had a cozy fireplace and a huge Jacuzzi! I felt like I was on vacation--too bad I had to work while in town. The next morning I came downstairs to a delicious Hot Breakfast with basically anything you would want to eat. They even had a big crockpot of hot grits...a must for a real Southern breakfast. The hotel is right next door to a few great stores including a huge Christmas store. All I can say is that as soon as you read this review...BOOK your room online or call them! You won't be sorry!

Green Features: This is a Green Hotel...I believe the only one in the area. They recycle ALL of their trash and keep the room refrigerator open so not to use it if not necessary.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thank you for a wonderful review of our hotel! We appreciate you sharing your experience and your recognition of our amazing staff! We really do strive to meet all of our guests' needs. We are looking forward to your next trip to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee!
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Our family enjoyed its first stay to Pigeon Forge, TN. My family and I loved the affordable luxury room at the Inn On The River! The room was outstanding in the area of cleanliness. The two employees Mary Ann & Ashley kept our room: clean, fresh towels for the bathroom, fresh towels for the Jacuzzi, beds turned over daily, and a friendly TN. smile several times. All other employees encountered at our stay showed: respectfulness, interest in being welcoming, and a desire to be at their job. My family and I felt welcomed and look forward to the next opportunity to see the: great dinner theaters available, shopping, horse back riding, and of course see the Smokey Mountains again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the river side with a Jacuzzi.
Green Features: Employees are: friendly, kind, welcoming, and show that they love their job!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience at The Inn On The River! We truly appreciate your comments and hope to see you again!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Rooms are clean and the staff is the most friendliest I have ever encountered at a hotel. It's worth it to get a river-front room. My three kids lived in the river! The were out at the river first thing in the morning feeding the ducks and geese. We stayed over Fourth of July and were going to brave the crowds to watch the fireworks. The kids had made friends while swimming in the river and didn't want to leave. Added bonus, we could see the fireworks from the other side of the river. We spread out a blanket and had a picnic which was a whole lot more relaxing for mom and dad. The Inn On The River is centrally located on the main road which is the Parkway. Many restaurants and attractions within walking distance. Entrance to Great Smokey National Park an easy drive away and so is Gatlinburg. I would definitely stay at this accomodation again!

Room Tip: Riverfront rooms are worth it. If you have children (who can swim) ask for bottom floor as your back...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family