“Nice renovation”

Ranked #11 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Nice renovation”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We spent 4 days in pigeon forge. I booked 4 rooms for our friends and us. This was my second stay at the hotel. The renovation was beautiful however we chose a king room. It was a new mattress but not the Hampton soft mattress also there was only 1 chair in the room and 1 nightstand not accomodating for a couple stay. We changed rooms the next day which the staff was extremely accommodating considering they were almost completely full. The second room were the queen beds nice and soft. I agree the pillows aren't great so we brought our own this time.
The bathroom in our second room was showing signs of mold around the handicap rail. It didn't have a new surround and may still be replaced with the final touches.
My greatest disappointment was the coffee which we looked forward to.! I asked the staff and was told they had changed vendors. The coffee was horrible! Change back!
Great hotel for pet owners. I will consider other option on our next stay if I need to go to someplace like Starbucks to get good coffee. I too was disappointed in not receiving my trip points for our stay. Again I will take all this into consideration when booking my fall trip.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Bedford, Virginia
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This is a very nice Hampton Inn. We had a large suite with a living room, full kitchen, large bedroom and very large bathroom. Most everything was very clean, and the location is in the middle of the action in Pigeon Forge. The staff was very helpful. A few minor things prevented a five-star review:

* The shelf where the towels were stored in the bathroom was very, very dusty. Normally, that would not bother me too much, but it was very dirty. Someone needs to update a housekeeping checklist.

* The first room we had was non-smoking, but had a strong smoke smell. We requested a new room, and the staff was prompt in fixing the problem, but I was surprised the problem was not fixed earlier. The smell was unmistakeable.

* Our second room had a strong, distinct chemical smell, something like Lysol

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LYHtraveler10
Cincinnati
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My wife stayed at this location while visiting Gatlinburg. It is located at the start of Pigeon Forge, on the parkway. Overall, this place was excellent! Staff was friendly, the facility was nice, clean and updated. They had luggage carts, ample parking. Overall I have nothing bad to say.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CinciJim
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I stayed with my hubby and three children for a family vacation in Pigeon Forge for four nights. It is close to the main drag but far enough away where you don't hear all of the traffic noise. The hotel is nicely decorated and clean. The employees at the front desk were nice and helpful. They offered snacks every day in the lobby (fresh popped popcorn, cookies and lemonade) that my kids loved. We didn't get to try the free breakfast because no one wanted to wake up early enough. The only thing I was unhappy with was that housekeeping did not clean the bathtub daily and I know this because I saw the ring around the tub every evening when we returned to our room. That is not cool because I have two small children aged two and five so they are too young to take showers. I had to clean the tub out myself. And I know the housekeeper had to see the ring because they sit a towel, washcloth and soap on the tub edge daily so I know if I saw it they saw it!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank sherry a
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I was so glad to find a hotel that had floors that did not have pets. I have allergies to pets and don't want them in my bed. We stayed for 4 nights and enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was very good. The room was quiet and the lobby had sufficient seating.

Room Tip: Beds were comfortable, room was clean except for a few small stains in carpet.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cathwood
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Stayed here the day before we checked into a cabin. Made it easy to travel with our dog, and provided a good breakfast for the kids. Located close to main street, but just a bit off of the main drag, which we thought was perfect. Didn't get a chance to use the small pool, but a number of people were cooling off there. Lobby area was very nice, with chess and checkers tables that the kids liked. Would return here any time we needed a hotel in Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JillsPeople
LindsayDiehl, President Assistant at Hampton Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge On The Parkway, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Dear JillsPeople,
Thank you so very much for your review of our award winning Hampton Inn & Suites in Pigeon Forge. We are so happy that our hotel provided you and your family (including your pet) the rest you needed before heading to your cabin. We appreciate your business with us and are looking forward to having another opportunity to serve you again in the near future! Lindsay Diehl, Mountain Top Management, LLC
Olmsted Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

We just completed a two day stay at this hotel and I wish our visit was much longer.

We tried to check in early but they were 100% full the night before and the rooms were not ready. We chose to go out for lunch and the gentleman at the front desk provided us with an excellent restaurant choice as we were not looking for a chain. He recommended the Partridge and Pear. This is a great restaurant and the food was very good.

We got back to the hotel and while the rooms were not quite ready the front desk told us when they would have at least one ready. Within minutes one was ready and we dropped off our luggage and headed out to Dollywood.

The hotel is located in a great location with several popular attractions right across the street!

The rooms are very comfortable and if I had one complaint it would be the flat panel TV is not in HD and the TV needed to be at 90 just to hear. If you don't plan to watch anyTV I am sure this would not be an issue. The TV service does have several information channels that feature area attractions.

The lobby and breakfast areas really shine as they were recently renovated and they did a top notch job on this area.

The pool is very nice and this hotel is set a bit off the road as this road is the main road through Pigeon Forge. Lastly the hotel is very quite which can be a great advantage after a long day out seeing the local sights.

We look forward to our next visit to the area and we will be staying at this Hampton Inn again!

• Stayed July 2012
Dear mash 62,
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of our hotel and staff at the award winning Hampton Inn & Suites in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee! We are delighted to read about your enjoyable to stay with us. We are truly looking forward to serving you and your family again the next time you come to visit Pigeon Forge! Lindsay Diehl, Mountain Top Management, LLC