“Excellent place to stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge On The Parkway
Ranked #11 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Athens, PA
“Excellent place to stay”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Had a three night stay here in June. We found this to be an excellent choice of accommodations. We had a suite with two queen beds in the bedroom and a pull out sofa in the living room. I slept on the pull out sofa which was surprisingly was very comfortable (nothing poking you in the ribs!). It had a well stocked kitchen, dishwasher, full size refrigerator, range top, sink, bar area with two chairs. Bathroom had a tub with shower, separate sink and mirror outside the bathroom.

The suite was immaculately clean, everything was in good working order. Beds were comfortable, linens were nice. Plenty of towels and accessories.

Breakfast was standard fare, it was plentiful and tasty. Not a gourmet breakfast for sure, but most adequate.

Check in was a breeze. Desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. They are pet friendly and did not ask for a special fee for a pet.

Plenty of free parking. We did not use the pool.

Very easy access to all the fun things to do in Pigeon Forge. It is directly across from the Opry, and very near Wonderworks and The Titanic venue. It was about 30 minutes to Gatlinburg, traffic there was heavy. About five minutes to Dollywood, again traffic on that road can be slow. (By the way, Gatlinburg was a lot of fun. But I would recommend parking at the trolley stop outside of town and taking the trolley in. Parking there is not too plentiful and very expensive!)

The only con we had was the housekeeping service. We opted not to have any housekeeping done after our first night. After our second night we opted for cleaning. We were disappointed that the room was not tidied more. The sofa bed was not put back together, the blankets were folded very poorly, there was some trash on the kitchen bar which was not cleaned up . In spite of this I would still give it five stars. It was our one and only experience with the housekeeping staff, so this may have been a solitary incident.

I would definitely stay at The Hampton Inn on the Parkway if I returned to Pigeon Forge. I highly recommend it.

1 Thank prance

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Dillwyn, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great place, friendly, and cooperative. Caring. Can't think of anything else to say, so let's end it here to get my 200s characters in. m,blkgigmnblhlygnb luygulygvljhbvouygljhbljhbgolygvjlhbyugiygljhbpiygolyuvljhbopyglgouyguyg

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Peter R. K
Duluth, GA
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Traveling with 3 teenagers is never fun and it is all but impossible to find a hotel that has a room to fit all of us. We usually end up having to get two rooms and that gets pretty expensive. We were so pleasantly surprised to find a room for 5 that included a full kitchen!! As per Hampton Inn's usual, the beds were incredibly comfortable and we all had a great night's sleep every night. The breakfasts were wonderful (such a great selection- several different hot choices each morning, oatmeal, fruit, waffles... Just about anything you might want & there is plenty of space to eat your breakfast. You don't have to practically sit on top of each other. You can spread out!) and the kids loved the cookies every night. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. One of the best Hampton Inns we have ever stayed at! We will definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: This is also a pet friendly hotel :)
2 Thank atlantabelle1969
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My stay at this hotel with my family was so amazing. Before my preplanned trip I lost my mother on the 26th of May and my trip started on June 8th and the staff was so helpful. I will choose this hotel again.

2 Thank jeanettal2014
Big Stone Gap, United States
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Great hotel staff was friendly rooms were clean. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Bring a pillow though I a little spoiled at homeso pillows could have been nicer. The staff however is great ,they were very friendly and helpful right down to the groundskeeper. The outdoor patio was very nice in the morning. I would recommend this Hampton to anyone staying in Pigion Forge. I will be returning in late July or early August and plan to stay again.

3 Thank Sheila H
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We recently stayed at this Hampton Inn and overall I would say it a great place to stay! It was clean, most of the staff was friendly and it was located in a great spot. A couple of things I did not like: When we arrived at the hotel and brought our bell cart full of items through the door, one of the employees was cleaning the carpets...why would you do this at the main guest entrance, at the peak check in time? It made the tile floors around the carpet very slippery not to mention backed up everyone waiting to get to the elevators. We had problems connecting to the internet service and made several calls to the front desk who just kept telling us to re-boot. Finally they said you had to call an outside # to get help with the internet. Luckily hubby figured it out by himself but we wasted 30 minutes trying to get it to work (self employed with an online business so internet when traveling is vital). Lastly, I love the free breakfast offered at the Hampton but this particular hotel had very limited offerings which were even harder to get when guests were loading up 8 or 9 plates at a time and taking them upstairs, then coming down for even more! And I am not exaggerating...we were actually counting as one guest took 8 plates of food upstairs (completely wiping out what was remaining of the hot food and making it so everyone else had to sit and wait hungrily until more food could be brought out). I'm not sure if there is a better way to handle this situation.....The plus is that the pool area was beautiful and the hotel sat just far enough off the road that you could sit at the pools and not hear the crazy sounds of the super busy strip. Very relaxing. The location is great and you could get to all the major locations easily. I even noticed a trolley/tram stop right in front of the hotel. Overall I would def. recommend this hotel to anyone going to Pigeon Forge and I would def. stay here again :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank shellbell616
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We have found that staying at Hampton Inns are never disappointing. Our recent stay here proved to move the bar on our expectations of Hampton Inns. All of these employees were extremely friendly and professional and always had a smile. The entire facility, inside and out was spotless. The location was conveniently located off of the parkway, but was situated in at a quiet location. The facility was fully updated with a cozy and comfortable atmosphere. The food service area was very well stocked with ample fresh selections, and coffee and tea is available 24/7. This hotel will always be our choice then returning to the area.

Room Tip: I think any room would be a winner.
1 Thank Gary H