All reviewsgolf viewwild eagletrain whistlenightly fireworksbath condomountain retreatgreat vacationneeds updatingfitness centerspecial thanksoff the stripextra pillowsindoor poollocation is greathave stayed here many timessplash countryplace to stay
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Hibernation Hideaway unit that was rented from American Patriot company. The unit was a nice log home with hot tub and 2 jacuzzi. The resort has a good swimming pool and hot tub too. This place is close to main market. I would recommend this place.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 6 August 2014

If you're ever going to Tennessee Golfview is one of the best cabins I have ever stayed in. I give it 5 star quality all around. It's location is perfect for downtown Pigeon Forge. I went with my wife and kids and my sister in law and her kids and it was plenty of room for all of us. I will differently stay there when we go for our yearly trip again next year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Location of the property is very nice, but overall quality of the linens and cleanliness left a lot to be desired. Plus the central AC does not work for the rooms upstairs. Two of the bedrooms have wall AC's that are very noisy and the third bedroom has no wall AC or central air - so basically useless.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Edward N, General Manager at Golfview Vacation Rentals at GolfView Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

We are so sad that you found your accommodations ordinary. It was a few days until the next guest left the unit and we could scour for clues to explain your feelings that the unit wasn't up to par. We checked the unit from top to bottom, and even the ceiling fans passed inspection.

We understand that it's better for us to admit to and learn from our mistakes.

We do provide portable air conditioners to our stifled guests during hot summer nights. Sometimes it just takes a little extra when the heat is oppressive in July. It sounds like you needed one more to be content ~ but we can only provide that when we know you need it. We are genuinely horrified when our guests aren't comfortable.

Tina, along with the other crew members, would have taken care of you if they had been aware of any discomfort. Even though thousands of guests will testify to this, we still have bad feelings when we let one guest down.

We can't apologize for our linens because we put so much time and thought and research into the perfect thread count of our sheets. We experimented with pillows and mattress pads for a month before we found the perfect combination of comfort and wash-ability. It finally dawned on us that a pillow's density is a matter of personal choice, and that's why there were six on each of your beds. It would break your heart to see some of the exquisite mattress pads that we melted in our commercial dryers. We conclusively found just the right pad that was good enough for our guests and tough enough to withstand our rigorous laundry.

We can't apologize for our wonderful linens, but we are sorry they didn't meet with your particular approval. We depend upon our growing family of happy repeat guests.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My third time staying at GolfView Resort (July 18-20, 2014). Plenty of room in the 1 bedroom condo. Nothing to really complain about but condo 2504 could use a fresh coat of paint and maybe with some color on the walls would make it look even nicer but it was very clean and had everything I needed. Nice large TV in Living Room (one of the reasons I picked this room) but the TV in the bedroom was just way too small - need to change that. Had a couple of issues when we first got there but they took care of it really quick (THANKS TINA). One of the remotes to the TV in the Living Room was missing they brought me another one and the bathroom light switch had to be replaced once I turned it on sparks went flying out of the switch and the lights went out in the bathroom. Bill Jones of the service crew was quick to respond and got it replaced so we could enjoy our stay. He was very friendly and explained everything he was doing so we knew we felt safe to stay in that room despite the issue with the light switch. Got to enjoy the fireworks from Dollywood each night at 9:30 from the view of our condo.

Room Tip: read the reviews and look at the photos online. I always do and this helps me decide which one I will pick.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I have been traveling to the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area since 2007 and every year we pick a different cabin company to stay with or a different resort. We absolutely loved our stay a the Goffview Resort. We had a cabin called Smokies Den. It was perfect. It had a small apartment on the lower level which was perfect for my husband's best friend and then we stayed on the upper level in the King Bedroom with our 2 girls. The cabin was very roomy and decorated so nice. The cabins are duplexes but that was no big deal for us. I got up to run every morning around 6:30am and the neighbors were all so friendly to talk with. The only problem we ran into was our air broke. I called the front desk and within minutes thay had a portable air conditioner in our cabin cooling it off and and air condition tech on their way. The air was fixed within a couple hours. The staff was all super friendly and I absolutely loved Tina. She was so nice. Had pop corn always ready in the lobby and would do anything for you if she could to make you stay better. She made sure that I was not doing dirty towel laundry while I was on vacation. She was the best. We are already looking to book again next year for my mom's retirement gift. What better way the celebrate a retirement then in the Smokies. Looking forward to seeing Tina and staying at the GolfView Resort. LOVED IT!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family