“Good hotel and great location!”
Review of Hotel Pigeon Forge

Hotel Pigeon Forge
Ranked #68 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
“Good hotel and great location!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed in the Hotel Pigeon Forge during the summer of 2014, and I was quite pleased with my experience. One of its best points is the great location on the parkway. The rooms are a fair size, and they offer free breakfast and decent wifi. There is not much staff, but they will do everything they can to give you a pleasant experience. For the price, guests get a good deal.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Mkaymay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Gainesville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was a part of a summer training program that stayed at the Hotel Pigeon Forge for about 2 months. For any hotel, that will typically leave you with a bad taste in your mouth because no one honestly likes staying in a hotel for that long. But the staff of the hotel made it very enjoyable and were always willing to help out with any issues that came up. And the view from the balcony area is pretty much unbeatable. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Pigeon Forge and if possible, get to know the staff during your stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank William G
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our first trip to Pigeon Forge TN, and we chose this hotel because it was affordable and sits on a hill away from all the traffic while being centrally located. Billy was very kind and spent time with us recommending events to go to while there. The free breakfast was completely adequate and consisted on krispy crème donuts, bagels, fruit, two kinds of cereal, oatmeal, juice and coffee. The room was clean and quiet. The hotel was not the Ritz but was affordable and comfortable and served its purpose. They have a cute bird Avery in front. Bottom line- clean, good friendly service, comfortable and affordable- we will go back!

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the main strip in Pigeon Forge to get a good view. Get a room on the 2nd floo...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia B
Colden, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I as a new travel agent searched high and low for reasonable prices and hotel to stay at with my family while a weekend trip to Pigeon Forge area. I stumbled across Hotel Pigeon Forge found it was in the area where all shows and activities were that we would be going to. Getting to the hotel late which I did note to them as well that I would need a double bed room. Checking we were told that our room was giving away and they only had a smoking king room. Now as a mother and having my 3 year old with me I could not accept the smoking room. Finally after I would say 20 minutes of looking they cam across a double bed room. (Rm. 208). It's about 1am and with traveling we are exhausted. Finally settling into the room I notice the coffee pot had coffee in it...for how long I'm not sure. We brought it to their attention and it wasn't a big deal we would be going to breakfast else where. Then as I go to use the bathroom I notice there is POOP, yes poop on the toilet seat and wall. I was furious at this point, cleaned it myself, everyone showered and was going to deal with it the next morning. As the next morning rolls around front desk told us sorry they could not help and the manager would be in the afternoon. Not letting it ruin our vacation we pressed on. Returning to the hotel around 7pm we noticed a DO NOT DISTURB sign was on our door, which we DID NOT put on and noticing the door was bent and looked broken into. Thankfully already being unhappy with the hotel we took all our belongings with us. Getting into the room pressed for time for a show and dinner we noticed the room was not cleaned at all no bed made or new liens. Went down to the front desk and BILLY with all his attitude told us he didn't have any liens and us 1 wash cloths and 2 towels. There was 3 of us!! Now BILLY promising us a new room upon return of our dinner and show we were again sadly disappointed. Asked the lady if there were rooms available and she told us yes. Great thinking we would be switched. Instead she said NO giving us attitude and told me if I didn't like it here I didn't have to say but they were not going to give us a refund. We had asked from the manager multiple times and were always told NO or he was not here and then found out everytime we asked he was indeed at the hotel.

I would NEVER recommend this hotel to friends, family, or any of my future customers.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel to any friends, family or customers!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank FisherTravelAgency

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Just want to give a good rating here on tripadvisor for the Hotel Pigeon Forge. Let me say that prior to visiting I searched online for the hotel that would provide the basic amenities: cable, wireless internet and some sort of complimentary breakfast. We didn't expect a 5 star hotel as we were not even going to be in the room until late evening each day. While the Hotel Pigeon
Forge was not a 5 star hotel I will give it an excellent rating for their courteous, family friendly and down home welcoming atmosphere. They room that we were in had a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains, which served to compliment the sprawling entertainment strip below...simply gorgeous. In conclusion, if you're looking for a nice hotel with above average views in Pigeon Forge that allows you to have a good nights sleep to rise and explore the town, see the shows and visit Dollywood...THIS IS IT.

Room Tip: I recommend the 3rd floor overlooking the pool...they have an awesome view of the mountain range and...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Winfred T
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We will never stay at this hotel again. We rented two rooms for two nights and choose this hotel because it was on the Dollywood.com website and had rooms available. When we arrived at about 10 PM, the room was musty and the bathroom was moldy, but we didn't have any options at that point. We got into bed. One of the beds had a few ants, which we discovered immediately. The other bed had some strange man's underwear, which unfortunately wasn't noticed until the next morning - much to our horror. The only way the underwear could have been there was if the sheets were unchanged from the previous occupant.

I complained quite vehemently to the front desk on our way out to Dollywood. You would figure that would encourage them to ensure the room was extra clean upon our return, but that was not the case. Neither room had its single garbage can emptied, and one room had no toilet paper. Luckily we checked out the next morning.

The Wi-Fi was so slow. The rooms have those scented gel air fresheners, for obvious reasons. The breakfast bar consists of two types of cereal and breads; there was no fruit, diary or meat. Spare yourself and get a different hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Rebecca O
Knoxville
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to stay somewhere different for a short weekend so because of the in-room hot tub, we gave this place a shot. It wasn't at all bad, but was not the greatest place ever. Just in between. Friendly staff, though!

• Stayed December 2013