“Will definitely not stay here again”

Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge/Dollywood
Ranked #56 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here with my girlfriend during our spring break and I'm really disappointed. Before i get into the cons, I will breifly list the good things.
+ Free Breakfast
+ Comfy Bed and Clean Room (no noisy neighbors either)
+ HDTV with plenty of channels

There are two major reasons i would not stay here again. The first major issue is the fact that everyone is smoking. I know that smoking is fairly common in Tennessee, but the hotel lobby and elevators both reeked of smoke. The hotels appearance is a little underwhelming and then to realize how bad everything stinks is a huge disappointment. It says its a smoke free hotel, and theres also a sign listed in the hotel that says "no smoking within 10 feet of the hotel," but none of that matters. The employees and visitors alike smoke right outside the lobby door and it carries into the lobby and elevator.
The second reason is that there is an ear piercing noise in the pool/hottub area. It is IMPOSSIBLE to enjoy the pool/hottub when it sounds like theres a siren next to your ear.
I took this trip to surprise my girlfriend, and although we had an excellent time in Gatlinburg/Pidgeon Forge, the hotel was definitely a disappointment. Would not stay here again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Charles J
Desiree S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge/Dollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Guest, I really am appreciative of your response, I am looking into the employees issue, there are designated places for them and it is not outside the front or side doors. We have since repaired the hot tub, and I am truly sorry for your experience at our property.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge/Dollywood

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Front desk was extremely unfriendly. Maybe we were just worn out from a long drive and irritable but we got there early and Josh at the front desk told us he "could waive the early check in fee but wouldn't," for whatever reason, which I felt was kind of rude. Other than that, we didn't really have any problems; I think it just got us off on the wrong foot. We didn't use the pool or hot tub but it looked nice. No breakfast was a little unfortunate, too.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kwood1
dderwingm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge/Dollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Sorry for your experience at the hotel where you stayed. However this was not our property. No one by the name of Josh works here and we do not charge a early check in fee. You may have us confused with the downtown property. If you could please remove the comment. Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

It snowed and we were unable to get to our cabin Valentine's 2014 & We were desperately seeking a clean place to sleep. Every where we went was a real dump, nothing like the pictures. The manger even gave us a break on the price, I guess she could see how exhausted we were. She was the night manger blonde hair. Thanks Doll :) for giving us a lovely experience

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank TENN-A-KEY
Desiree S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge/Dollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Valentine's Day guest, Thank you for letting us know about your visit. I remember you as I am the one who helped you out when you arrived. I'm so happy to hear you hd a good time and were able to find some place to feel safe and at home. Don't forget us on your return trip!! Sincerly--

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Pretty good location, room ok, rate ok.....but no hot water in the morning and suite was roof view....room by elevator which was noisy. Loved all the Christmas lights in the area and a few good restaurants.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy P
Desiree S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge/Dollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

I am so sorry about your issues with the hot water. I would have gladly moved your room and upgraded you for your inconvenience had I known of the issue during your stay. We have since addressed the problem.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed here as a last resort option because the reviews for the other Pigeon Forge property were not so great. This is a old hotel with a so so room standard. There was a huge mix up with the points program and the room I was told I would get however, the staff tried to please us. Our room had a smell but not sure what the smell was. The "breakfast" was nothing great. I am used to hotel breakfast but this was border line terrible. The bananas and cereal were the best options. After looking at the other hotel after getting to the area I tried to change but the rooms were all sold out.

Room Tip: A different property
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank favorg10
Desiree S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge/Dollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Guest, I'm so glad you had points as well. It does pay off to join our brand and accrue those valuable points. I am sorry to hear of the mix up with your reservation and hope our staff were able to resolve any of the issues you had. Our breakfast is standard fare and we are adding upgrades this year for more varied choices. Thank you for your time and courtesy. Sincerly, Desiree Scott, AGM

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We were excited for our first trip to Pigeon Forge and our stay at the Holiday Inn Express. After arriving at the hotel, we checked in with the Assistant Manager who was nice and pleasant. It was probably the best thing we can say about the hotel, unfortunately. We got to our room and found that all the lights and appliances (mini fridge, microwave, clock radio) had been unplugged for some reason. I had to go around and plug everything back in, I probably should have kept the lights off, as we saw a very dated and shabby room. The bathroom was dirty, not just unclean, but really ground in dirt on the floor and the tub, the grout on the floor in front of and around the toilet was nasty and I can only imagine what had soaked into it over the years. We also found a t-shirt hanging on the back of the bathroom door, which I bagged up and brought to the front desk. When I handed it to the desk agent, in the bag and told her where I found it, she looked at me with the expression of, "so?". No apology or anything. Breakfast was ok, being Thanksgiving morning, it was very busy. We had planned on staying here for the long Thanksgiving weekend however we only stayed one night and checked out Thanksgiving morning and found a better and cleaner hotel up the street for about the same price I paid for this room.

Room Tip: Check your room and make sure it is clean.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank CJGGSP
Desiree S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge/Dollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Guest, I am the one that checked you into the hotel. I am horrified of your story and terribly sorry. I am not sure which room you were in but it sounds like gross negligence that I have zero tolerance for. It is situations like this that I personally want to be contacted for so that it can and will be addressed. I would gladly looked over your room and moved you to a more comfortable one if and blocked that one for proper cleaning. I am looking further into this with my housekeeping staff so this will not happen again. Sincerly, Desiree Scott, AGM

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS

My family and I recently stayed 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Pigeon Forge. Our room with two beds was nice and clean. However the bed itself could have been more comfortable. All hotel staff we encountered was friendly and attentive. Breakfast was free yet nothing to write home about. I do realize that other reviewers have really complemented them on their breakfast but we found it to be just ok. We only had a choice of sausage both mornings and my family doesn't care very much for sausage . We would have much preferred ham or bacon. One carton of milk I got was soured even though it was in date. It also did not seem cold enough. Seemed like the little refrigerator was not keeping it cold enough. Could be the breakfast quality fluctuates with the amount of guests in the hotel? Only one lady kept the bar stocked but she kept it well filled and very clean. She was extremely nice. The lobby and the indoor pool area were attractive and clean.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank NOZIECAT
Desiree S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge/Dollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I have gone to the other management in regard to rotating our meat on the breakfast bar, we do offer bacon, it just wasn't put out when you were here. We have the link and patty sausage, so we are now going to offer the bacon in between the different sausage days. Thank you for bringing that to our attention. The refrigerator in the breakfast bar is set between 38-40 degrees. I wish I had known about the carton of milk when you were here so I could have given it to our supplier, and I apologize for that. If ever you decide to visit with us again and you have any issues, Please bring it to management so we can do our very best to resolve any issues you may have. Sincerly, Desiree Scott, AGM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pigeon Forge
Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge
#10 of 92 in Pigeon Forge
Hampton Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge On The Parkway
Home2 Suites by Hilton Pigeon Forge

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge/Dollywood? Share your experiences!