Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge/Dollywood
Ranked #57 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Chattanooga
“CLEAN”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Older hotel. Very clean and well kept. Excellent staff. Great value and close to everything!! Will stay again. I stayed on the 5th floor with adjoining rooms, even with the connecting door open and my daughter and granddaughter in the other room it was quite enough for me to go to bed a little sooner than they did :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank deborah175
dderwingm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge/Dollywood, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Deborah,
I love the connecting rooms also when I take our Grandchildren on a trip exactly for the same reason. I have also been to Chattanooga, makes Pigeon Forge a great road trip. Your comments will be shared with the staff. Thanks again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Flat Rock, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Common areas were mostly clean. The elevator rugs and the hallway rugs on the way to the pool needed to be vacuumed pretty badly. Elevators walls scraped up.

We had a 1 bedroom king suite with whirlpool tub and sitting room. The room is set up awkwardly in the sense that you first walk into the sitting area and the only room off the sitting area is the bathroom. You have to walk through the bathroom to get to the bedroom. The doors on both sides of the bathroom were sliders and would bind up so that it took significant force to close them. Neither my wife or kids could do it. Walls had markings. Furniture trim was missing. Closet shelf was water damaged with a large hole in the Sheetrock. The tub coating is cracking in multiple places. The bedding was just "ok" and the pillows were lumpy.

Check in was at 3. We arrived at 4:00pm but sat in the lobby waitiing our room until 530. Peggy is great, Sue is great, and the maids were friendly but it still doesn't change the inconvenience.

Game room has a total of 4 games with one out of order.

At about 10pm on the night that we checked in we decided to check out of the hotel as we felt that we had not received the value for the money spent. I went to the front desk and explained how we felt and that we wanted a refund so we could move onto a better hotel. To my surprise they obliged with a complete refund and no hassles. That was a positive.

Overall this property needs an upgrade in maintenance/management.

We just purchased season passes to Dollywood and live only 2 hours away. Needless to say We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank BluesTraveler75
Desiree S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge/Dollywood, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
First I want to apologize the hotel wasn't up to your standards. We do work very hard in keeping the hotel up to the standards required by IHG. I do hope you enjoy your season passes to Dollywood.

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

What can I say? You do get a good nights rest in a clean hotel, helpful and sweet staff (Mark), but you can definitely hear the noise outside of the hotel, not to the point of not resting well but it can be heard...the indoor pool was nice (towels are provided, small but provided) and a jacuzzi that sounded like a lawn mower (definitely needs looked at, plus the water level was too low)... Breakfast was satisfying, free with the room....overall it's not a bad place to rest up at for the night, this holiday is close to all of the popular restaurants and dinner shows...

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank KarenMOglesby
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge/Dollywood, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear KarenMOglesby,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are so glad you liked the friendliness of our staff and the breakfast selections we offer. We would like to apologize for the experience you had with the outside noise. We understand the discomfort this has caused you. We also apologize you were not satisfied with our pool facility. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I was very disappointed that the pool and hot tub were not clean. Well, around the walls of them were dirty. The carpet in the room was stained. The bathroom didn't have a fan. Oh, no workout room!!! :(

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Minny21
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge/Dollywood, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Minny21,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the condition of the hotel common areas prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights. Doyle does a great job. Breakfast in the mornings is nice and saves money. There was a small issue with the pull out couch bed but kids slept on it so it wasn't a major problem. The place was clean and organized. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank dannyswife711
I will share your comments with Doyle and the other staff. Sorry it took me so long to reply. Thanks so much .
North Haledon, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Thi hotel is well maintained, and the front desk staff (everyone with whom we interacted) were all friendly and helpful. Rooms comfortable but need better lighting. Housekeeping staff needs some managing. One day they forgot to clean our room and another, the room was cleaned but no clean towels provided. Front desk staff provided us with fresh towels both days.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Patricia E
Sorry for the laundry issues, I believe we were having equipment problems at that time. While I know excuses don't cut it, sometimes it happens and waiting for parts can take days. We will try to do better in the future.
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

The staff was helpful and overall we enjoyed our stay. My room was clean, but the lighting was dim. The free breakfast bar was hot and the food was good. I initially booked on line and needed to change my reservation,but canceled my entire reservation. I tried to reserve again, but was unable to get my original room online. When I called the front desk Nichole Ellison was patient with me, was actually able give me a better room that accommodated all my family needs, and displayed great customer service skills over the telephone. At check-in she was just as pleasant as she was on the telephone call. I love Gatlinburg its one of our favorite vacation spots, but this was our first time staying in a hotel. We normally stay in a cabin during our visits here. I would stay here again in the future and recommend this location to a friend.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know how you enjoyed your stay with us. We like to go out of our way to make sure people are comfortable and have what they need.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pigeon Forge
#10 of 92 in Pigeon Forge
Hampton Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge On The Parkway
Comfort Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane
Home2 Suites by Hilton Pigeon Forge

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge/Dollywood? Share your experiences!