“We were disappointed”

Local Goat New American Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 203 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Description: Local Goat is a New American restaurant with a scratch-made kitchen specializing in farm-to-table menu items. Local Goat offers a wide array of appetizers, jumbo wings, awesome salads. hearty steaks, chops, fall-off-the-bone ribs and outstanding desserts. Local Goat specializes in craft beer and craft drinks. Test your skills on our vintage shuffleboard table or catch your favorite game on any of our HD TV's. Billy's Bar is a great place for great times. Bring the whole family. Local Goat is conveniently located in the heart of Pigeon Forge at the base of the Great Smoky Mountains with picturesque views of Mount LeConte and the surrounding mountains. Local Goat Tavern is located between traffic lights one and two, right past the Titanic Museum Attraction and across from Mountain Valley Vineyards.
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We may have expected too much based on all the 5 star reviews. The staff was awesome. We were actually seated early for our reservation time. Our waiter Jason or Jay was excellent. This is an extremely busy restaurant and you feel the need to rush. The appetizer is served with the salads so you immediately feel rushed. Before there is time to finish the salads the meals appear. Typically this may be good for some however we felt rushed. My husband ordered the 10 oz sirloin medium rare. It was inedible. It was tougher than shoe leather. The wait staff removed the entire steak minus two small bites he tried to choke down. We did not complain as we did not want any discount and felt the staff should notice when an entire plate comes back to the kitchen. The shrimp and grits advertise they are served with spinach which the plate needs to break up all the grit and cheese flavors. We could not find any spinach on the plate. They are however served with siracha sauce, I found out I am not a fan. If you don't like a lot of heat because this stuff is poured on better ask to leave it off or serve it on the side. Again the entire plate was sent back to the kitchen. We moved on to dessert. Bread pudding. If you like traditional southern bread pudding do not order this one. It is very odd. It is rubbery. The crème brulee was served ice cold including the should be warm burnt sugar topping taking away from the delicacy of the dessert. Overall we were disappointed but we will give the restaurant another try in the future. We won't be ordering any thing we ordered this visit.

1  Thank Mike C
Write a ReviewReviews (2,674)

Reviewed 25 June 2018

This was the 3rd time here. Everything was great. My daughter has had the hamburgers and a steak and she loved it! She says it was the best bacon cheeseburger ever! My husband had the porkchop and it was amazing, tender and juicy! I've had the crabcake BLT, fettuccini rocco and the steak nachos....all were delicious! We also tried the deep fried deviled eggs....OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! Our server David was excellent, even when he got a party of 10 next to us. Well done. We will be back.

1  Thank X9493DEpatriciam
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

On vacation and was stuck in traffic heading somewhere else when I notices the parking lot was very full (great sign). I ended up having my cousin Google what was on the menu and we switched dinner plans because everything sounded really good here. I can't have gluten and the fact this place had a gluten free menu and the server told me they also have a dedicated fryer for their french fries just made me feel much more comfortable eating here. I got the TN whiskey burger on the gluten free bun, it was so good. The bun, which gluten free buns are usually stale and a but tough, was delicious. One of the best ones I've had since being diagnosed. My cousin who isn't gluten free got a bbq burger with bacon. She loved it! The place was very nice and clean and all the employees were friendly.

1  Thank MLeigh85
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Me and my family eat here on a regular basis everything that I've tried here so far is magnificent. The only then I would change if I could is that we tried it sooner. I have ate at many places in Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg this place is by far the best around.

1  Thank copleyjeremy1403
Reviewed 25 June 2018

The food and the service outstanding. Didn’t know about this place but glad we found it and decided to come. Every piece of food we got tonight was outstanding! I personally tried for an appetizer the Fried Deviled Eggs, to be honest i live in Ohio and it would be worth the drive just to eat that appetizer. Then for the main course i ate the Honey Sriracha Wings and a side of the Hand Cut French Fries. HUGE wings and the flavor and heat and the size of the wings. The fries were excellent too, i like fresh cut rather than the other kind of fries that come frozen. Basically i was a happy consumer of their food. DEFINITELY will be a repeat visitor when in the area!!!

1  Thank Doug J