“Next time I think I'm gonna stay somewhere else.”

Mountain Melodies Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 8 Pigeon Forge B&B and Inns
Springfield, Ohio
“Next time I think I'm gonna stay somewhere else.”
Reviewed 13 June 2010

I have stayed at the hotel with my daughter and parents every year for the past 6 years. My parents have stayed there for their anniversary every year since it has been built. I have always loved the placed. But this year was different. When we walked into our room the room smelled very smoky, which is ok since it was a smoking room. We've stayed there enough that we just burn scented candles for the first few hours. There was no light bulb in one of the lamps. Then when using the restroom, there was not even a full roll of toilet paper. There was an iron in the room, but no ironing board. When asks if we could borrow a ironing board, we was told that they do not give those out. We was told that there was Wi-Fi. It would not work in my room on the Sunday we arrived, the front desk person told me he would talk the the tech guy, Wi-Fi still didn't work when we left the following Saturday. I had to either go downstairs or sit in the hallway to use my computer. There were ants in our rooms, which my parents had the exact same room a month earlier and they stated that there was ants then too. The wall plate for the switch to the bathroom was crack were it needed to be replaced. There was burn holes on the comforter on the bed. The hot tub, well just say the pool was warmer. The breakfast, you'll want to get there earlier. We had gotten there about 9 am, there was no bagels, donuts, coffee or bread. When ask if they could restock the breakfast area, they only brought a few donuts out. There was some other guests who was wanting coffee made just before breakfast end, the front desk person would not make them coffee. Basically the front desk person told a guest that they would have to go somewhere else to buy their coffee. The front desk staff was helpful except for the one time at breakfast. Usually the rooms are very clean and the hotel is great. I felt like it is becoming a run down place. Even though the price may be ok, for a few dollars more, I would book somewhere else. Even my parents who have always held this place with high regards stated that they are more then likely to go somewhere else next time they visit. This hotel just seemed very grimmy to me. I was very disappointed with this stay. The pictures on their website is not what you will get.. I definitely won't be staying here again, I'll spend a few extra dollars for a cleaner hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank AGinOHIO

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
kentucky
Reviewed 10 November 2009

Horrible horrible service. Dont lock the rooms from the inside too you get locked out for good and then it took thirty minutes for the guy to unlock the room for us. The location was great and so was the price though. If you can get away from the service and focus on the location as the mountain melodies webpage does then it is a good hotel. If you have no expectations of Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge then by all means stay in the hotel but if you want to have a great time find somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

mcminnville tn
Reviewed 12 January 2009

me ana my wife stay at mountain mellodies every year we come to the smokies and we have always had real good service here and it does not cost and arm and a leg we love this hotel we have been coming to th smokies at least 2 time a year since 1991 and we stayed at mountain mellodies at least 20 times and most likly keep staying there as long as long the service and price stay good and many of my friend stay ther e and like it also

• Liked — cleanrooms and close to river tofish
  • Disliked — needs indoor pool
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank reelman