“Great food and friendly service”

Huck Finn's Catfish
Ranked #14 of 184 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Welcome to Huck Finn's Catfish Restaurant. We are a family owned & operated restaurant established in 1995, with over 50 years of restaurant experience. Located in the heart of Pigeon Forge, between traffic lights #6 & #7, we always strive to provide delicious food, reasonable prices, friendly & efficient service, in a fun & laid back atmosphere. We even have Live Music.We are famous for our ALL 'U CAN EAT CATFISH & CHICKEN DINNERS. We serve only pond-raised, grain fed, Mississippi Catfish. Catfish that is certified by the U.S. Catfish Institute. We serve over 50 tons of boneless fillets annually. We were honored to have been awarded BEST CATFISH IN EAST TENNESSEE, by Tennessee Magazine four years in a row.
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Catfish filets and 'fixin's' were the meal of choice. The catfish was perfectly fried, and with 4 pieces each serving, there was enough for me to share with the hubby! The white beans and ham are great, cole slaw is vinegary with a hint of sweet, and hushpuppies are also a hit.
The dining area is HUGE, so there was never a question of having to wait on a table. The drinks are served in quart-sized mason jars, so running out of tea wasn't really a threat.
We'll definitely return...

Write a ReviewReviews (3,251)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The food is not that amazing but it is good, and a great local experience. Friendly mountain servers, vintage decor and all you can eat "vittles" and catfish or chicken livers or gator tail or whatever else you fancy! Great value especially at lunch. Fast service, the "vittles" of hush puppies, beans, pickles, and onions are brought out as soon as you sit down. No need for the all you can eat platters, the meal enough is plenty.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We visited on a Friday and had no wait, although it was fairly early in the evening. There were several large dining rooms and the decor is very rustic. The tables are covered in plastic/oilcloth covers and there are lots of tchotchkes all over the walls and ceiling. It seemed pretty clean, but our tablecloth was sticky. We ordered the AYCE fish and chicken and our granddaughter ordered the S & P catfish platter. As the every-table starter, our server brought us a bowl of white beans and a bowl of coleslaw, and the beans were very good. The chicken and fish were cooked very well, and the servings were very hot and fresh. The fish my granddaughter got had a different seasoning, and she didn't really care for it. Hushpuppies were bland and heavy, and a bit too sweet for our Southern tastebuds, and would have benefitted greatly from some jalapeño and a little corn mixed in. Overall, I would say it was an average meal, neither great nor awful, and we might go back when in the area.

1  Thank wgwewgwe
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I absolutely love this restaurant! My husband and I ALWAYS eat here when we visit Pigeon Forge! The staff is wonderful and always so nice! We live about 3 hours away and we have craved the Huck Finn's featured steak so bad that we just made a quick trip up to eat and came back home! I sure wish they had one closer but it's WELL worth the drive! And the prices are very reasonable!!

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Best catfish around!! Viddles are almost as good. I ate so much I'm full as a tick. Ha. Im glad I'm a local and can eat anytime we want. Bathrooms have also recently been upgraded and look very nice.