“Reasonable”

The Spa at Pine Mountain
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We took a risk on this spa after reading the negative reviews bc we got a great deal on a deluxe couples massage. We were pleasantly surprised! We visited the bear cove location. Our massages were good & the staff was friendly. The spa does have some work to do on their atmosphere. The building is a charming log cabin w a beautiful balcony area. They are not utilizing their space as well as they could. It was a beautiful day but no one offered us access to the balcony. When we walked in-the front desk had an empty computer box on the floor. Magazines & area attraction coupons were stacked on the tables in the waiting area where they really should have low lighting, candles etc. Our treatment included an hour couples massage followed by fruit, fondue & use of a jet tub for an hour. My husband was a little annoyed bc our massage only lasted 50 min & his masseus did not focus on the areas he specified were bothering him. My masseus definitely focused where I asked her to & I was so relaxed afterwards that I didn't even care we were gipped 10min-ha! This spa has a lot of potential & is in a great location. The facility looks almost brand new. The things they need to improve on, like the lobby atmosphere, are so simple. Overall we were thankful that for a very reasonable price we received a reasonable couples massage experience!

1  Thank stargirlcw

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I made an appointment with this place to get 2 pedicures (for me and a guest) and prepaid by credit card. They sent me the wrong directions and I ended up in the wrong place. When I tried to call and straighten it out, they continually told me they would have to call me back. They never returned my calls and also refused to answer my emails. I finally had to cancel through my credit card. They had no problem taking my money but then refused to provide either the services or refund my money. They were horrible people who run a shabby business.

5  Thank pam b
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I booked a 1 hour couples massage for me and my husband. Upon arrival there was nobody at the front desk just a sign saying wait in the lobby. 15 mins later someone comes out and tells us to fill out paperwork and never introduces theirself the whole time. Finally we get in our room and get comfortable and it takes them 20 minutes to come into the room. So our appt was at 12 and they didnt start the massage until 1230, when they finished I checked the clock and it was 1. So I paid for 1 hour to get 30 mins worth of massage. To be honest the massage itself wasnt very good at all, my table was cold and my husbands table was way too hot. My husband and myself felt worse after the massage than when we went in. We get massages regulary and this was the worst experience so far. Every place I have been to gives a bottle of water this place puts tap water in a fancy glass and that is it. On the way out they didnt say have a good day or hang around until you left they just leave the room and your by yourself. Save your money and time!

5  Thank LeslieS564
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I booked a couple's massage for our honeymoon...MISTAKE! the building was cold on entering...our beds weren't turned on...and our therapists both had hands of ice due to the temperature inside. My therapist kept checking his phone and wiping his nose. Im serious. Only thing we could do afterwards was laugh at how horrible it was. So disappointed. Not even compensated when we told them about our experience. They did offer us water...with ice. we declined.

2  Thank cswest
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Something has changed, stay away, we have used often in the past so we booked with confidence a couples massage FEB 17, we show up to an empty building, 25 minutes with no sign of an employee, phone rings to unattended cell phone on counter, 35 minutes after appointment employee tells us to wait she is not yet ready, they run late all the time and does it with attitude, I tell another employee we have had enough and would not be able to enjoy our massage if we ever received it, I asked to verify we would not be charged due to thier inability to provide service,
I received a call 30 minutes later they were charging my card, I foolishly tried to reschedule the next day on our way out of town, this time we were locked out of the building for 25 minutes, as we are leaving they open the door, my wife tries a single massage, assume the employee was upset as she didn't turn the bed heat on, used very cold hands and did not do a very good job.

2  Thank budforlife