“Served it's purpose, friendly staff”

Pin Oak Parkway Inn
Ranked #79 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Medora, Indiana
“Served it's purpose, friendly staff”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

My husband and I just needed a place to spend one night and chose this hotel because it was less expensive. We got into town late and left in the morning. The lady at the office when we checked in was very, very nice(wish I knew her name). The room was clean, but the bed was not comfortable. The matress caved-in the middle and my husband said it felt like a spring was poking him in the foot all night...lol! We have a good sense of humor and made the most of it.
Would I stay here again? Yes, if were only for one night. Just remember, you pay for what you get.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank katurnerrn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 22 September 2011

My husband and I had to suddenly cancel our honeymoon to Florida, and were forced to book a vacation to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg in one day. This was one of the only hotels we could afford and that had availability. After reading the reviews, I thought it was going to bee a seedy, shady, nasty place, but it really wasn't bad. The front desk was very helpful when we needed them, the rooms were clean. There were absolutely no bugs or stains on the bed or the walls. The bathroom was clean. My only complaint is that the office did smell a bit of old teryaki sauce. That's the only way I could describe it. Otherwise, everything was exactly what we needed. I don't understand the terrible reviews on here.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank poet417
lawrenceburg
Reviewed 12 August 2011

This was by far the nastiest place I have ever stayed at in my entire life. The comforters had burn holes in them. There were bugs in the room. The roll-away bed had one sheet with holes in it. The tv remote didnt work. There were nicotine stains running down the walls and the bathroom door. The shower curtain had mold and orange hard water stains all over it. The bathroom ceiling had water damage and the tiles were starting to bow. The toilet seat was too small for the toilet. The sink had a ton of dirt built up on the edges.The front desk staff was rude when we asked for extra towels (2 towels will not shower 5 people). Swimming pool was cloudy and disgusting looking. Parking was limited. We were looking for somewhere else to stay but it was late and the kids had already had showers and needed sleep. I tried to tell the guy at the counter at check out in the morning how disgusting the room was and he walked away from me into the back room. This place should be shut down immediately by the board of health. Its not fit for the coachroaches im sure were there that we just didnt see. Do NOT waste your time or money on this place.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank kate l

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

kentucky
Reviewed 2 January 2010

my wife and i went to pigeon forge for new years and made the mistake of deciding to stay here. first off the place was old looking but that was ok. the problem was when we walked into the room. it was very small and the bed comforter looked like it had been on the bed since the motel was built. it also had holes in it from cigarette burns. and then we pulled the sheets back and there was hair all over the place. so we called the front desk to get the sheets changed. they were very rude and said the sheets had been changed that morning and they would send someone to look at them like we were lying or something. a few minutes later a guy knocks at the door it was the maid. he wasn't dressed like a hotel maid at all he looked like just some random person off the street. i didn't know if he was there to change the sheets or rob us. it was a very uncomfortable situation. he wanted to see the bed and explained that the sheets had been changed that morning. and was wanting us to show him the hair (again like we were lying) so i showed him and he went to get more bedding. when he returned he changed it and left not saying sorry for the inconvenience or is there anything else i can do he just leaves saying nothing. when i turn back the sheets i cant believe my eyes. this one is just as bad as the other it had hair all over it. so the guy either brought back the same ones or all there bedding is covered with hair. so we decided we were going to cut our losses and leave not wanting to stay in a filthy bed. so we went to the office to try to get a refund for the following night. yes you heard right we paid for two nights and was only asking for a refund for 1 night. but the clerk was very rude and refused to refund our money for 1 night when they should have refunded it all. so we will never ever stay at a red carpet inn again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank if_i_had_only_known
georgia
Reviewed 8 June 2009

my husband and I stayed at the red carpet inn in pidgeon forge, tn and we should have gone somewhere else. I had read reviews that said stay away but there were some good ones. the comforters on the beds and the sheets had holes in them. the office smelled and you could not find the people to get coffee and if you did get coffee it was awful. they did not speak english that well and they were hard to understand on the phone

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Days Inn Apple Valley Sevierville
Vacation Lodge
Vacation Lodge
#42 of 90 in Pigeon Forge

Been to Pin Oak Parkway Inn? Share your experiences!