“Should've know better”

Ranked #83 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Bradford, Pennsylvania
“Should've know better”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I booked a non smoking room 2 weeks in advance for the Holiday weekend. When I showed up,the price was different than agreed online price. It was actually $12 less for 2 nites than I anticipated. When I went to sign the receipt, it said it was for 1 nite. The lady said it was for 2 nites even though what I was signing said different. When I went to the room it was a smoking room. I can't do that. I went to office and she showed me the reservation paper that someone had written "put in a smoking room"! I showed her my reservation paper that said "Non Smoking". She gave me a key to another room in the little building on 2nd floor that had a no smoking sign on the door. I moved my stuff in and turned on the AC. It sounded like a generator. I noticed that the room was dirty and it had been a smoking room at one time because of the obvious cig burns on the bathtub and sink and it had an odor. It looked like no one had touched or wanted to touch the hair dryer, micro or coffee maker for a long time. Can't blame them. The drawers on the furniture were all broken and crooked. I did not even try to open them. The shower curtain was cruddy awful. The next morning I asked for no room service. I didn't want anyone in the room while I was gone.

I noticed that their were several locals living there and some obvious long term renters. That is never a good thing.

This is a great location. t could be a nice place. It needs cleaned well and a few inexpensive upgrades. The room has a stink of old cigarettes and a new shower curtain is a few dollars. These people have a gold mine and don't know it.. How sad..............................

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Alienbikerider

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
chicago
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Terrible service and wouldnt even honor my aaa card after staying in undesirable conditions .I beleive I was over charged at paying 50 a night when the signs outside said 29.95 I had to wait almost 10 minutes in lobby for extra towels , the phones didnt work the mattress was cardboard and the blankets had cigarette burns

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank missjoethonas

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 February 2014

afternoon clerk was polite, rooms were clean and beds slept ok. But 2 out of 3 rooms heater didn't work good and had to sleep full clothed. 3rd room heated fine with a working thermostat.

We asked next morning about moving 2 rooms to ones with better heater. Lady was very rude, so we asked for a refund for the next two nights and moved to a better place.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Darla G
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Dried semen on bed comforter, room unsanitary and filthy! Took linen to front desk and clerk confirms that comforters AREN'T washed between customers. Worst experience ever! Highly disappointed and wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed January 2014
6 Thank Tonail_NC
Valley Head, Alabama
Reviewed 29 December 2013

we stayed at the pin oak parkway inn December 28th 2013, first of all the front desk people were rude and wouldn't let us check in til exactly three then we got to our room and it didn't have a microwave jets in tub shot across the room which got bed wet and didn't have many electrical outlets and low lighting hair on the towels didn't clean behind dressers and it just wasn't a very clean motel all the way around im very disappointed

Room Tip: the willowbrook lodge and park grove inn and pigeon river inn are the best ones to stay at
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank susan w
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I don't know where to start. Blood and burns on the blanket, bugs everywhere very very dirty! A dead fly stuck on the bar of soap beside the sink when we arrived. Makeup on the towels, hair stuck on the walls of the shower, pee on the toilet seat (that didn't even fit the toilet). When we first arrived and opened the door all you could smell was cigarettes and it was non smoking. Oh and I loved how housekeeping had the nerve to leave note on the nightstand asking for tips...here is a tip how bout you try CLEANING!!! The window had what looked to be a bullet hole in it. we asked them not to go in our room (because its not like they clean anyway) but they did anyway. Just a all around terrible place!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Asheville, NC
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The gal at check in was very pleasant. Im not going to berate the place......JUST DONT STAY HERE !!! Room was filthy. Past guests food in fridge. Bed comfort was ok. Non smoking room smelled really bad. Bathroom walls were disgusting....c'mon people, you deal with the public in a tourist area, CLEAN your rooms !

Room Tip: Stay at the Smokey Mountain Motor Lodge.....inexpensive and CLEAN
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple