“No response when trying to plan a trip”

Mountain Memory Tours
Ranked #12 of 21 Tours in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

After all the good reviews of this place, and their website claiming they had lights tours available during the Christmas season, I first called them the week of 11/16 to schedule a tour for a trip for 8 of my family to begin 12/19. After a week of not hearing from them, I emailed them and a few days later they did respond by email that 8 people were enough for a tour but they were checking to see if a driver and person would be available for that week. (Which I thought was strange since it's the Christmas season and they advertise the Christmas lights tour, so you would think they would be operational that week). By the tone of the email, it was clear that they thought that I was upset that they had not responded immediately but that was not the case at that time. I made that clear in response to the email the very next day and that I look forward to hearing from them. Needless to say, weeks later and a week out from our trip I had still not heard from them. I emailed them again and I also called again and I never heard anything from them since. So unfortunately, I cannot review the lights tour or any tour of the mountains because no one ever got back to me about availability and cost of the tour. The tour never happened. If there was no availability it would have been nice for them to at least email me back and let me know. So I have to say that they had terrible customer service.

16  Thank laurenasm

Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I are from St. Louis and took a 4 day trip to the Smoky Mountain area. A big part of 2 days was spent traveling so when my brother, who organized the family trip, suggested a 3 hour bus tour on Sunday, we were reluctant. We weren't sure we wanted to spend our small amount of time there, on a tour? We did agree to go. Within 5 minutes of being on the bus, we knew we had made the right decision. By the time we were finished with the tour, we were incredibly thankful that my brother had the insight to pursue. The time spent was well worth it! We learned so much about the area, mountain life and local attractions. Lyn was very knowledgeable about the history of the area and shared many points of interest as well as humorous stories. Our group included 7 adults and our 13 year old daughter, who loved it as much as we did. I might add that I was a little concerned about traveling at 5000 ft. with a driver I didn't know!...I knew within minutes that we were in good hands and I never thought about it the rest of the trip. I have never taken the time to write anything on TripAdvisor...needless to say, I recommend this trip to anyone visiting the area!

5  Thank Cheryl H
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We took the Back Roads tour, and it was well worth the money. Lyn was so very sweet and kind, and both she and our driver went out of their way to make the tour memorable for everyone on board.

3  Thank columbuskat
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Our family took a bus tour of the Smoky Mountains and the tour provided everything that I expected and more. Lyn was our tour guide and she was a very sweet person and filled with knowledge about the region and Dolly Parton. Ted was our driver for the full size coach bus and was very adept at manuevering the tight corners of the back roads and mountains. I would highly recommend this touring company and these two in particular.

2  Thank Brian T
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Please take the combo tour. Our family group of 7 (age range from 11 to 65) loved this trip. Local knowledge, natural beauty, interesting backroads, and incredible mountain hospitality - it has it all. We took the combo tour and found it a wonderful way to have a relaxing day between high energy activities! Lyn and Malcome not only know the area they have a deep abiding love for it and the people who inhabit it - the living and the dead. The native american history aspect of the tour was especially meaningful. Our guides patience with questions from us all will be an abiding joy for me. Please don't miss this experience of the real Smoky Mountains.

6  Thank WewaMary