“Good Price--Consistent Quality--Mgmt. Always Took Care of Me”

Motel 6 Pigeon Forge - Dollywood Lane
Ranked #83 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 19 March 2011

I've stayed here 5 times since 2008. Management always took care of me.
Always had clean, non-smoking room!
Greta Location--Food City, Golden Corral and McDonalds just a short walk nearby.
Rooms are quiet--certainly much better place than other reviwers gave it! Make sure you ask for the $24.95 or 29.995 rate first.
At the worst, the place might be below average by a few, but certainly NOT terrible!
Great for budget travelers

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stevewonder1

Reviewed 20 February 2011

well to make this short and sweet ive been looking at the other reviews and if i would have payed attention to the reviews o.m.g. well I was happy the kids were happy and thats all that matters to me.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
briarstoneinn08, Webmaster at Motel 6 Pigeon Forge - Dollywood Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Briarstone Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am glad to read that you and your kids enjoyed your stay with us, it is always our goal to have our valued guests enjoy their stay.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Briarstone Inn, I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 6 January 2011

I chose this hotel because of the price and I had canceled my reservations at Bent Creek Golf Resort because of the bad weather. I would have rather parked my car down the mountain and walked to the resort rather thank spend the night at this dump ever again.
To start when I arrived it looked nothing like the pictures on the internet. The doors on the outside looked as if they had been shot up and had welding spots all over them.
Right then and their I knew i didn't want to stay there. I asked for my money back and the man told me that was not possible.
So, I knew I had to make the best of it.. Or atleast try!
Upon getting in the room I didn't have any heat. The room was nasty (Thank God I brought my our pillows and blankets), the floors had stains, the bathroom actually had a plunger sitting next to the bath tub, the bath water didn't drain it was past your ankles by time your shower was over.. And that was if you even had hot water (We went a whole day with out) Called the front desk and she was the rudest woman I ever spoke with.
This place don't even had a elevator you have to walk up the stairs or the ramp.
The ice carrier was nasty looked like it had just been washed out and set back out, the tray it set on was from the travel Lodge (hmm... wonder how they got that) and plus it had nasty stains all over it. The sheets and pillow cases looked like they were 25 years old and didn't even match. And also they advertise FREE wifi (it didn't even work) call the desk and ask them and they tell me its my equipment.
The parking at the hotel was awful not very well lit.
Please read the reviews before you make the same mistake I did.
Save your money and stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank CJenkins1976

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Briarstone Inn for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Maintenance staff was informed of the problems you experienced and instructed to check the plumbing, heat and internet in the room which was assigned to you and make sure that all are working properly.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

3) Security staff was approached about the possibility of the parking area being better lit.

4) The reception staff received additional training concerning the courteous manner in which they are expected to treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Briarstone Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 14 December 2010

Today is December 14 and is 7:47pm. and I just cancell my reservation with Briarstone Inn
I look on line to book 3 nights at briarstone Inn...the price was unbelivable low that I call to make sure it was right. A men with an accent answer the call ...first he was unsure of the price but then said that he will honor the price I saw online but told me that the room that I was interested in was not going to be available the dates I was going to arrive in tennesse. I told him that I was still going to make the reservation on line. I made the reservation for the room I like and it was reserve...even after the men on the phone told me it was not available for those dates...I call him back and told him that the online reservation give me the room that he said it was not available..the men hung up the phone...I call back and ask him why he hung up the phone he told me he didn't have nothing to tell me and that I was bothering him... again hung up the phone (how rude).... I call back but this time I call to cancel the reservation. He scream to me and told me that if I made the reservation online to cancel reservation online and hung up the phone (wow)...and that's exactly what I did...I will never stay in a hotel were I will get that kind of treatment...I hope the owner of this hotel read this review and talk to the employee that answer the call that night and if the owner was the men that answer the call ...shame on you...you just lost a customer...and everybody I know that travels to that area I will tell them how rude and unprofesional are the employees of Briarstone Inn...Listen you are living in America....In america customer service is a must...you are not in India ...... OK ...Ok

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank boricua03

Dear boricua03,

I am sorry that things did not work out for you to be a guest at Briarstone Inn as you had intended.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Registration staff received additional training concerning the courteous manner in which they as our employees are expected to show to our valued guests.

2) It is being looked into to see if we can’t find a way for online registration and offline registration to work together to give the same information.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will choose to stay at Briarstone Inn, I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 17 October 2010

So, I read all the review before deciding to make my reservation. I typically dont go by other opinions b/c I like to form my own, however, the reviews were very much accurate. Me and my husband paid for the best room there. I almost cried when I realized what we were getting into. I booked the jacuzzi and fireplace room. First, I will say the location was super. It was right next to everything and in between gatlinburg and Dollywood so you could go either way and not have to go to far. There was also a Golden Corral in the parking lot and an IHOP on the other side and a Food City across the street. So there was llimited parking and then you have to pass mowers, trash carts, and other random things before you get to a ramp. Once you get to the ramp you walk up to 2nd floor, and if you are on 3rd floor you walk up another ramp on the other side of the building. So, if you are older and have trouble walking this could be a problem. So, we get to the room and it smells like must. The bed had 2 pillows and they were tiny and worn in (same with the linens) The mirrors in the room had chips or worn spots on them. The heat and air unit barely worked and the staff said they would look at it and never did. The worst thing was that there was no fireplace which we paid for according to our room description from priceline. I had my husband go downstairs and tell them about the mistake. They refused to move us b/c they were booked up.We even asked the next morning after everyone left and they said the rooms with the fireplaces were still booked (they have a no refund policy). The shower had mold at the top of it and wouldnt drain until you got out of it. The room was very run down, dark, and depressing. My husband hugged me and said we would have to make the best of it since there was a no refund policy. Please listen to the reviews and understand you should not stay there unless you absolutely cannot afford anything else or it's a short stay. I was very disappointed again. I wish I would have listened to the reviews and picked something else. The room was cheap and in a good location, but if I could do it over I definatley would not have stayed there, and I will never stay there again. The folks there are very rude and unproffesional, and they did not provide the room we paid for and refused to give us any kind of refund or apologize for the sitution.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank slee123

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Briarstone Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that the location was a good one for you.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) We are looking into the matter of your not being provided with the room for which you paid and seeing if there wasn’t some way you could have been compensated.

2) The staff members received additional training in the courteous way in which they as our employees are expected to treat our valued guests.

3) The maintenance staff was instructed to check the heat and the plumbing in the room assigned to you and make sure that it is all in proper working condition.

Reviewed 10 October 2010

My friend and I planned a trip to visit the Casino in Cherokee N.C and to spend one day in Pigeon Forge. My first mistake was booking this hotel online. It was way overpriced. You could see clear out crack of the door without opening it. The bathroom looked like a rat had been chewing on the wall. It gets worst!!! The towels were stained. We only stayed in the room that night because we did a lot of sight seeing and went back up to the casino. Well when I woke up the next morning and pulled the covers off of me....Bed bugs were crawling all in the bed. My friend killed a couple and yes they were full of blood and I am sure it was mine. I was sick. I called the front des and asked for a manager and she said she would call me back but after waiting more than 30 minutes, I went to the front desk to show her the pictures that I had took on my phone. The sad part about it.....She never said sorry. Please if you value your life....do not stay at this hotel!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnB2010Trip

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Briarstone Inn for your recent stay in our area.

1) Maintenance staff was informed of your report of a possible rat and of the bedbugs and instructed to look into the matter and see to it that any such infestation found is eliminated.

2) Management and housekeeping staff were instructed that when towels become stained, it is time to replace them.

3) Maintenance staff was told of the problem with the door of the room assigned to you and instructed to see to it’s repair.

Reviewed 1 October 2010

I loved this hotel once upon a time... they were a favorite of mine... I've made them quite a bit of money... not including the half a dozen or so times a year I stay there myself... by referring friends and family to them. The last visit though proved very disappointing.

I had splurged on one of their jaccuzi suites. It wasn't ungodly expensive... very fairly priced actually, but the room had a mild odor of mildew in it when entering.

The worst part about this visit though was the day of checkout. Upon signing my reciept I was provided information that said I didn't have to check out til 3PM - which was exciting. Ironically enough, despite my documentation, the hotel clerk came aknockin at 12PM. My partner and I had tried to sleep in and when we answered to let them know we were getting ready to leave, they got extremely rude.

I'm all about accepting responsibility and fault... but don't get rude! Bride burned. I won't be referring to them any more.

PS. I also never recieved an email confirmation after 3 requests for it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Briarstone Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you had experienced so many satisfying stays here and enjoyed them enough to recommend our establishment to others, that is always nice to hear.

1) Housekeeping staff was informed of the mildew odor which you noted and instructed to please see to the elimination of such odors in the future.

2) Management and registration staff was questioned as to why you were asked to leave before the check out time which you were given. It is also being looked into as to why you did not receive an email confirmation.