See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Great Room! Great Rates! Very nice room! Been staying at the Briarstone Inn for years! We usually come for the street rod car show....this time we came for the musle cars. We have a dog and usually stay on the first floor! Since the hotel was booked we agreed to a 2nd or 3rd floor room. When we arrived, we had a first floor room! Mr. P is the best! Always taking care of us! Wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else! Thanks for your hospitality! Hopefully we will be back in December!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel this past week and we loved it. It is an older hotel and it has it's own quirks like many of these old properties. The carpet is older along with the furniture and decorations, and the outside of the hotel is nothing grand to look at. The staff was absolutely wonderful, they were kind, helpful, and quick to get us anything that we needed (including Band-Aids for blistered feet). We stayed in a fireplace-whirlpool suite and we were a little worried after reading the reviews but we were pleasantly surprised. All fireplace rooms are smoking rooms for obvious reasons so it did smell faintly like smoke (nothing a candle did not fix), and the room was very clean. The housekeeping staff cleaned our room everyday, stocked plenty of towels, changed our sheets, and cleaned the whirlpool. The location of the inn was unbeatable, we walked to ihop for breakfast everyday, along with many other attractions. We had lots of extra money to do fun things and still stay somewhere we liked. The beds were a bit hard but I have definitely had worse. All in All great budget hotel not perfect but we loved it for the price. Never swam in the pool a bit too close to the busy road for our liking but there was always people in it. Every morning they had coffee, donuts, pastries, and bananas. We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarie G
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This place is absolutely disgusting! We wee told we were staying in a suite and were excited but when we got to the room our thoughts changed. The tub had dirt and hairs in it and even the housekeepers agreed when they came to reclean the room because the others did a bad job that it was filthy! There was also hairs in our refrigerator! Our coffee maker didn't work and we got another and the second one jumped the circuit so we were stuck without one. The lady at the desk of a night was very rude. I went down to the office and asked for an additional washcloth because were short one and a blanket and she proceed to ask me in a rude manner why I even needed a blanket because it's summer outside and it's hot I shouldn't even need one. When I told her that the rest of my family preferred the room to be very cool and I got cold she just rolled her eyes and said she would bring it as soon as someone came there to help. Well IT NEVER CAME! That night we went and bought cleaning supplies and bleached the entire bathroom and lysoled everything else. We found pee and blood stains on the sheets! This hotel definately needs something done to it! The next morning we found more bugs coming out from under the bed and one of them was a pinching bug and it was huge! Very disappointed in this hotel! My family is not use to staying in the best but this was ridiculous! I do not recommend this hotel to anyone unless it is the last place you can go!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This was a spur of the moment decision. When we arrived there was hair in the bathtub, refrigerator, beds. There were flys and other bugs everywhere. We went to ask the woman in the lobby (rude) if she could get someone to come clean the bathroom. She sent some ladies up to clean (they also agreed that the room wasn't cleaned very well). The ladies did a decent job but we decided to go across the street to get a bottle of bleach, Lysol, and a airfreshener. We basically poured bleach all over the bathroom and Lysoled everything. We were still not satisfied but it will do for one night. Being cold in the room and having some towels go missing lead us to the decision to go ask the woman in the lobby (rude once again) for a blanket and a towel. She told us that we didn't need a blanket because it was too hot outside and asked why we needed one towel. We explained that we were cold and that we were short one towel. She rolled her eyes (multiple times) and said that when someone comes down to help her they will bring it up. Well we never saw our towel or our blanket but I didn't expect to recieve one from the woman in the lobby. I honestly don't reccomend anyone to go there but if you do good luck!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Management needs to spend the extra dimes and get some fitted sheets! Gross! I was told I would get a $49 room rate, but when I got their it was $59. Not honest! I would not say that everyroom has been "remodeled" as their website states. I was put in a smoking room on 2nd floor, then moved to a 1st floor room b/c I didn't want a smoking room. It didn't matter much b/c people stood outside our room and smoked, so their second hand smoke went directly into our air conditioner vent. At least the 1st room floor had been painted and carpets looked new. 2nd floor room just looked old and stale. Bathroom just old and didn't seem clean. No drain plug in sink. Beds not comfortable at all. You get what you pay for.
Front desk staff very friendly but don't tell me I'm going to pay one rate then charge me another.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family