“Love the Briarstone-Highly recommend it to everyone!”

Motel 6 Pigeon Forge - Dollywood Lane
Ranked #82 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 26 March 2013

My family and I stayed here last week. We make regular trips to Pigeon Forge for a fun family atmosphere and this is one of our favorite hotels. The front desk clerk was amazing (as always), and helped us get checked in within minutes. It's been about a year since our last visit here and the rooms have completely taken me by surprise they have newly renovated; and what was alright before is now worth every penny and then some. I could not ask for a more family friendly comfortable place to stay. The rooms are clean and nice; the staff and owner are amazing; and if you need any extra blankets or towels they are there within minutes. I look forward to many more stays with Briarstone...and HIGHLY recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 March 2013

First, The room smelled horrible. We had to spray stuff because it was so bad. Second, I requested 1st floor, but was told unavailable with 2 cars in the parking lot. Lastly, I was lied to and was called a liar after explaining a situation. Perry is the person in charge and he is very rude. I made a reservation online for a buy 2 get 1 free night. I understood completely that I had to pay full price for the 2 nights to get the 3rd night free. We decided not to stay the third night, so I asked to get a $20 credit for the difference in the normal rates. When I checked in she said $59.95 per night with 2 adults and 2 children when the sign out front said $29.95 and up. I wanted to pay the $59.95 for 2 nights instead of the $70/night that was originally reserved to get the 3rd night free. I realize they did not have to do this, because I agreed to pay the other price. After questioning the night clerk she stated that I would have to talk to Perry and he would not be in until 10p. She came to our room to tell us that it was "authorized". I even went back down stairs to verify what she told my husband. She said it would be taken care of the next morning at check out. Perry was there and stated that I was mistaken that he never authorized this credit. I was nice and stated that I did not misunderstand, that I even verified what was said. I told him that he had a situation on his hands with a an employee who was lying then he started into me saying that I was the one lying not her. I told him that I would be posting as many bad reviews as I could. He said thank you very rudely.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel S
briarstoneinn, Manager at Motel 6 Pigeon Forge - Dollywood Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

We are very sorry we could not offer you the ground floor unit.
Our rooms on the ground floor were being newly renovated upon your arrival.
I always review any customer complaints and interactions on our camera located in the lobby.
When you approached the desk clerk you did ask for a refund and the clerk asked you immediately if everything was all right with the hotel and it's accomodations. You replied"yes, we are having a wonderful stay". Your main complaint was that your children were unsettled and uneasy and rowdy and you just needed to go home for some peace and quiet. When you reserved our online package of buy two nights and get one free, you were advised we had a 24 hour cancellation policy. We simply cannot refund the free night on any package. We are sorry you had a bad experience, but the staff did everything possible to make your stay a pleasant one.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

I booked two rooms. One room was two Queen beds the other room was also 2 Queen beds but had a separate room with an additional Queen bed. I was greeted at check in by a very nice lady. She was helpul by telling me about the trolley ride and into Gatlinburg. Our motel room was exactly what I had requested when I booked on line. The location was perfect!
we were happy with the afordable room and service we recieved!
At check out the gentleman was pleasant and appreciated us as his guest! I will stay there again!

Room Tip: practical pricing and practical motel! thumbs up
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We booked this hotel for new yrs eve. We were nervous to check in after reading some of the reviews on Bookit.com. When we arrived they were friendly and the rooms were clean. At the end of the night it was everything we needed....a place to sleep. We don't go on vacation to sit in the hotel anyway so it served it's purpose for the price. we will be staying there again. The price and location is unbeatable

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Booked room 210 for Anniversary getaway. Room smelled like cigarettes. Internet was spotty at best. Fireplace didn't work unless you juggled the wiring underneath. Manager apologized but offered no compensation. I would not stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chet A
Reviewed 27 October 2012

This is not the place to stay! There is so much to complain about. They need to do a complete renovation of this place. Room was vacuumed, behind bedside tables were filthy. I should have demanded my money back. Will NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: All I can say is check the room before you stay!
Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wilbur S
Reviewed 26 September 2012

To say it is dirty, in disrepair, poorly managed, old, is being to generous. The carpet on the floor is coming up at the edges. The beds are uncomfortable and dirty. The entire place desperately needs a complete cleaning a paint job. In fact, they just should tear it down and start over.
It seams to be so dirty that it's unhealthy. Do not stay there, even it is free!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple