See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I have family come into town quite frequently. My Sisters chose the Briarstone Inn on the Parkway in Pigeon Forge. The hotel looks amazing and has freshly been painted and is nestled between my two favorite places. The IHOP and the Golden Corral.
Needless to say, I decided to stay in the room with my family and pretend I was on vacation as well.
The convenience and location was great because my sisters have animals and the hotel was pet friendly. The Patriot Park is in walking distance across the street and the Food City across the street as well. Dollywood has just opened and I will refer my hometown guests to this hotel.
Briarstone Rocks! Hotel is Clean, convenient

Reviewed 26 March 2013

My family and I stayed here last week. We make regular trips to Pigeon Forge for a fun family atmosphere and this is one of our favorite hotels. The front desk clerk was amazing (as always), and helped us get checked in within minutes. It's been about a year since our last visit here and the rooms have completely taken me by surprise they have newly renovated; and what was alright before is now worth every penny and then some. I could not ask for a more family friendly comfortable place to stay. The rooms are clean and nice; the staff and owner are amazing; and if you need any extra blankets or towels they are there within minutes. I look forward to many more stays with Briarstone...and HIGHLY recommend it to everyone!

Reviewed 25 March 2013

First, The room smelled horrible. We had to spray stuff because it was so bad. Second, I requested 1st floor, but was told unavailable with 2 cars in the parking lot. Lastly, I was lied to and was called a liar after explaining a situation. Perry is the person in charge and he is very rude. I made a reservation online for a buy 2 get 1 free night. I understood completely that I had to pay full price for the 2 nights to get the 3rd night free. We decided not to stay the third night, so I asked to get a $20 credit for the difference in the normal rates. When I checked in she said $59.95 per night with 2 adults and 2 children when the sign out front said $29.95 and up. I wanted to pay the $59.95 for 2 nights instead of the $70/night that was originally reserved to get the 3rd night free. I realize they did not have to do this, because I agreed to pay the other price. After questioning the night clerk she stated that I would have to talk to Perry and he would not be in until 10p. She came to our room to tell us that it was "authorized". I even went back down stairs to verify what she told my husband. She said it would be taken care of the next morning at check out. Perry was there and stated that I was mistaken that he never authorized this credit. I was nice and stated that I did not misunderstand, that I even verified what was said. I told him that he had a situation on his hands with a an employee who was lying then he started into me saying that I was the one lying not her. I told him that I would be posting as many bad reviews as I could. He said thank you very rudely.

1  Thank Rachel S
briarstoneinn, Manager at Motel 6 Pigeon Forge - Dollywood Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

We are very sorry we could not offer you the ground floor unit.
Our rooms on the ground floor were being newly renovated upon your arrival.
I always review any customer complaints and interactions on our camera located in the lobby.
When you approached the desk clerk you did ask for a refund and the clerk asked you immediately if everything was all right with the hotel and it's accomodations. You replied"yes, we are having a wonderful stay". Your main complaint was that your children were unsettled and uneasy and rowdy and you just needed to go home for some peace and quiet. When you reserved our online package of buy two nights and get one free, you were advised we had a 24 hour cancellation policy. We simply cannot refund the free night on any package. We are sorry you had a bad experience, but the staff did everything possible to make your stay a pleasant one.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

I booked two rooms. One room was two Queen beds the other room was also 2 Queen beds but had a separate room with an additional Queen bed. I was greeted at check in by a very nice lady. She was helpul by telling me about the trolley ride and into Gatlinburg. Our motel room was exactly what I had requested when I booked on line. The location was perfect!
we were happy with the afordable room and service we recieved!
At check out the gentleman was pleasant and appreciated us as his guest! I will stay there again!

Room Tip: practical pricing and practical motel! thumbs up
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We booked this hotel for new yrs eve. We were nervous to check in after reading some of the reviews on Bookit.com. When we arrived they were friendly and the rooms were clean. At the end of the night it was everything we needed....a place to sleep. We don't go on vacation to sit in the hotel anyway so it served it's purpose for the price. we will be staying there again. The price and location is unbeatable

• Stayed: December 2012