“The fireplace and jacuzzi didn't save the experience in room 210.”

Motel 6 Pigeon Forge - Dollywood Lane
Ranked #81 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The evening manager was nice enough but unfortunately that was the high point of our stay. Things went down hill quickly when we entered the room which resembled the set for a Brady Bunch show. As a previous evaluator wrote, the furniture and bedding looked like it hadn't been upgraded since it opened. One flood lamp on the wall was missing a bulb. Perhaps it was better that the room wasn't fully illuminated The four poster bed looked like someone had been doing chin ups on the cross piece or perhaps something worse than that. I would have liked to see what caused the damage or perhaps I wouldn't. One of the finals on the bed post was missing and another cock eyed. The soap bars were so thin you could practically see through them. That is if you were able to open the shrink wrapped cover. The one shampoo packet was a marketing sample like you get in the mail and again impossible to open unless you had a sharp object to pierce it. I presume that they save a lot of money in providing soap and shampoo that are unusable. I characterize the room as basically clean,. However, on checkout we found that one neatly folded hand towel on the rack that we hadn't used had fresh blood drops on it. Obviously, it had never been washed since Mr. Brady cut his face shaving. The day manager was sort of non-committal when I mentioned the hand towel. She indicated that she would mention this to her husband. presuming he is the manager, Perhaps he is the individual who cut his face while shaving in my room. if you reach the conclusion that in the future I won't stay at the Briarstone then you pass the quiz.

Room Tip: Remodel or demolish the Briarstone.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David W
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Pigeon Forge - Dollywood Lane

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Briarstone Inn is OK. It was a last resort due to our usual hotels booking and restrictions during a car show. The manager of Briarstone was very helpful in that he let us make a reservation for only 1 night when the policy for car show dates is a minimum of two nights stay. The staff was very friendly. The hotel just needs some updating and the rooms could use a deep cleaning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the "strip". Then you can wach all the happenings going on.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We needed some place cheap and this was what I came up with. I have to say though I was pleased. We have children and the ramp up to the third floor was actually a great thing for us. There was a slight problem with one of our rooms and it was fixed immediately. Everyone was very friendly. The location is good. And the Ihop next door was the best Ihop I have ever been to.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

years ago we stayed here and it was a nice motel.When we stayed here in Oct.it had changed owners.The reason I made reservations here was because, of course, it was cheaper..I always stay at the CREEKSTONE INN, but when I called Missy Grooms, to make a reservation for 3 nights, it was just tooooo high on my salary..OCTOBER and weekend rates applied so I told her no.Didn't need to sit on balcony this time of yr and watch kids play in creek.So started looking for something cheaper.But decided to call CREEKSTONE one night myself."Can't make a reservation for you..."Called Missy back and she didn't know either the reason.So ended up at BRIARStone.Big Mistake.Had 2 rooms and when we checked in the room smelled so bad that I went down to office and asked for room deodorizer and they came and sprayed our 2 rooms and the one next to us.Still smelled.The comforters on the beds must have been there from the time the motel was built.Faded out so bad looked like they were dirty.Probably were.I asked for a extra blanked.It was so wrinkled it looked like they did it on purpose.Then we had tickets for THE SMITH FAMILY (great dinner theater) with an hr.My door would NOT lock.Called again.A little lady who I found out later spoke no English came down to look at it.Like she knew what to do.Finally got that fixed.Now breakfast there is a joke.A donut and a cup of coffee.If you get there before the box is gone.On Sat.got up went down at 7:25 AM to get our one donut and coffee and lobby is locked.No one there.7:25 AM....Is "breakfast" ready after he finally opened the door.About 15 mins. So I walked to to IHOP and bought our breakfast...Never say never..But I hope I never have to stay there again.Guess I will just have to call Missy again.Still don't know why after staying for years at Creekstone, why they wouldn't make a reservation for me...

Room Tip: check for bedbugs.security and location.make sure locks work.accessible to what you want to do.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed October . When I called to reserve a room, I was told our room would be on the 2nd floor, when we arrived, they said our room had already been rented out and was given a room on the 3rd floor. There are no stairs or an elevator, it is a ramp. Girl at the front desk was friendly. When we got to the room, there was a microwave, refrigerator and an older model t.v.(that was okay). Room was clean. The headboard had been torn away from the wall and the mattress (king size) was high on the edges and very low and worn in the middle...when you laid down on the bed you rolled to the middle (we thought this was funny). There were a couple of light fixtures that the knobs were missing and you had to plug them in There was no bugs because I checked. For the price it was okay.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

My family and I stayed in one of the "suites" that sleep six. The room was anything but a suite. There was nothing that was true from the photos on the website. The rooms were tiny enough where there was barely enough room to walk between the beds and the other furniture. The TV's were ancient. Supplies were from other motel chains such as Holiday Inn Express. The carpet on the floor going into the second bedroom was wet due to a plumbing leak in the bathroom. Breakfast that was promised each morning was never served, and we stayed there four nights. This is the worst motel experience we have ever had. Please learn from our mistake.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I have been staying at Briarstone Inn twice a year, spring and fall for several years.
And it is always a pleasure seeing Perry, Owner. He and his staff are always so polite, and makes us feel right at home. The rooms are always clean. One of the main reason, well, the only reason we started staying there was because they excepted pets, we have a little fur baby that has to travel with us, and Perry always makes us feel welcome.
See you in the Spring!!