“Wow! Poor Customer Service”

Motel 6 Pigeon Forge - Dollywood Lane
Ranked #83 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 24 May 2010

I will never stay at this hotel again.....ever! The management was rude and the noise was horrible. People are out walking the balconies at all times during the night, and the shabby conditions of the hotel makes it completely unsafe and fit. Just because I am an american and you are not, that does not give you the right to be rude to me!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank hpegginnc
briarstoneinn08, Webmaster at Motel 6 Pigeon Forge - Dollywood Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2011

Thank you for choosing Briarstone Inn for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon the receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Management staff received additional training as to the courteous manner in which they, as our employees, will treat our valued guests.

2) Management staff was instructed concerning their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests remember their responsibility to their fellow guests concerning noise levels.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Briarstone Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 12 April 2010

First, the positives about Briarstone Inn....The location is great; less than a block from Dollywood Lane, right on the parkway and within walking distance to just about everything. The rooms have a small microwave and mini refrigerator included, which is nice. The price was good at $40 nightly for Spring Break weekend. The hotel provided free wireless internet.

Now, the facts about Briarstone Inn....You get what you pay for....The exterior of the hotel is older and could use some "Sprucing Up". There was a lawn mower sitting right next to a few of the rooms and was in the direct walkway of the guests. The room consisted of 2 beds, a table, 2 chairs, dresser, TV, microwave & mini refrigerator. The beds were not comfortable, the sheets didn't fit the bed correctly and came off almost immediately; you'd wake in the morning to find you've been sleeping on a sheet-less mattress. The headboard on one of the beds was crooked. There was a humming noise coming from the mini refrigerator. The mirror in the sink area needed to be replaced; the coating on the back has peeled off so it made the mirror appear spotty and was hard to see in some areas. The blow dryer looked newer, but would shut off if used for longer than a few minutes; I had to let it "cool off" before it would come back on. The rooms do not have an iron or ironing board; I did borrow one from the front desk, but it was so rusted on the bottom that I didn't even use it because I was afraid it would ruin my clothes. The sink faucet needed an aerator; if it was turned on too far, it would splash water everywhere. The bathroom was pretty rough; there was mold around the spout and it had a gap from it to the tub wall. The ceramic floor grout was black and I don't think that is the color its supposed to be. The shower curtain certainly had seen its usefulness. The exhaust fan was loose from the ceiling and the light in it was dim which made it hard to see. There was no hot water at times. There was no heat; just thankful that it didn't get really cold. I noticed that the bottom of my socks were filthy after walking around on the carpet; it was stained and needed to be cleaned or replaced. The parking lot was not adequate enough to accomodate the number of guests; our first night we had to park behind the Golden Corral next door.
I will not be staying at the Briarstone Inn again unless they do some major renovations.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank romene89

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Briarstone Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that the location was a good one for you and that the price of the room was a good one. I am glad that you enjoyed the convenience of the refrigerator, microwave and internet.

1) Maintenance staff was appraised of the problems which you had with some of the equipment in the room assigned to you and instructed to repairs as needed.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

Reviewed 9 November 2009

the hotel is quite nasty....and I mean, needs a really, really good cleaning. I know 'you get what you pay for' but.......

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank avalonlane

Thank you for choosing Briarstone Inn for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon the receipt of your review, the following action was taken:

• Housekeeping staff received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

Reviewed 29 October 2009

This hotel is old and run-down. It probably needs to be demolished and re-built. The rooms have a strong musty odor. The carpet, walls, beds, towels, everything, is dirty and stained. My Mom has allergies and could hardly breathe by the next morning. We needed to check out a day early, partly because of an emergency at home and partly because of the poor room we were in, and had a terrible time getting our money back for the unused night. It took 50 minutes and 3 calls to Inn Link before the refund was processed. The girl at the front desk kept telling lie after lie to try to get out of giving a refund, she would also mumble comments about me to her co-worker in a language that I could not understand. I caught her in so many lies it was shameful. The only thing, and believe me the ONLY thing, that this motel has going for it is that it is in a good location.

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank owepar

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Briarstone Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that the location was a good one for you.

1) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) Registration staff received additional training concerning the use of Inn Link.

Reviewed 25 October 2009

The room smelt bad to start off with.....I usually take disinfectant with me but I forgot it.....but anyway we got a room with a jacuzzi with the on button missing, we did not have the following items in our room telephone, coffee maker, microwave, clock radio or internet service.....so we were really upset and reported this with no response from anyone we also told them the next morning with no results....so we left after one nights stay.....continental breakfast consisted of coffee and doughnuts that was it........I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.....it was half way clean.....very run down .....needs major work done on it.......staff was not friendly at all........

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank newgrandmother

Thank you for choosing Briarstone Inn for your recent stay in our area.

1) Housekeeping staff received additional training in the following matters, making sure that they maintain the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. Making sure that the rooms are properly equip with telephones, coffeemakers etc.

2) The staff members in charge of the continental breakfast were approached about the possibility of enlarging the choices they offer.

Reviewed 6 August 2009

We got there everthing seemed to be fine but the room was hot so we had to turn on the air conditioner then we went and got in the pool it was pretty small but thats nothing to worry about after we got out of the pool we used our only towels to dry off with which was the ones that was already in the room when we got there, the next morning we woke up and needed towels to take a shower with considering we only had one hand towel left so we went to ask for more and they had none clean except for one and they gave us that one.......later that evening we went back again and they finally had towels......I honestly think that our stay at briarstone inn could have been a whole lot better than what it was....

• Stayed: July 2009
2  Thank tiffy_baybee17

Thank you for choosing Briarstone Inn for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon the receipt of your review, the following step was taken:

• Housekeeping staff was instructed to see to it that the rooms are properly supplied with towels and face cloths.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again chose to stay at Briarstone Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 13 July 2009

We Check in to a Mold smelling room. The AC Did not cool of the room at all. The toilet didn't flush well unless you flushed it like Fives times. The paint was peeling in the bath room. There were holes in the wall. The staff and management was not in the least helpful we ended moving to a better hotel. The pictures make it look better than it is. This hotels seriously needs work. The pool looks like a kiddie pool.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank kahanfamily

Thank you for choosing Briarstone Inn for your recent stay in our area.

1) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning their responsibility to meet the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) Staff received additional training concerning the courteous and helpful manner in which they, as our employees, are to treat our valued guests.

3) Maintenance staff was notified about the problems you experienced with the plumbing and the air conditioner in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to it that they are in proper working order. They were also instructed to repair the holes in the walls.