“Very very very Rude Customer Service...”

and 1 more site!
Motel 6 Pigeon Forge - Dollywood Lane
Ranked #83 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 14 December 2010

Today is December 14 and is 7:47pm. and I just cancell my reservation with Briarstone Inn
I look on line to book 3 nights at briarstone Inn...the price was unbelivable low that I call to make sure it was right. A men with an accent answer the call ...first he was unsure of the price but then said that he will honor the price I saw online but told me that the room that I was interested in was not going to be available the dates I was going to arrive in tennesse. I told him that I was still going to make the reservation on line. I made the reservation for the room I like and it was reserve...even after the men on the phone told me it was not available for those dates...I call him back and told him that the online reservation give me the room that he said it was not available..the men hung up the phone...I call back and ask him why he hung up the phone he told me he didn't have nothing to tell me and that I was bothering him... again hung up the phone (how rude).... I call back but this time I call to cancel the reservation. He scream to me and told me that if I made the reservation online to cancel reservation online and hung up the phone (wow)...and that's exactly what I did...I will never stay in a hotel were I will get that kind of treatment...I hope the owner of this hotel read this review and talk to the employee that answer the call that night and if the owner was the men that answer the call ...shame on you...you just lost a customer...and everybody I know that travels to that area I will tell them how rude and unprofesional are the employees of Briarstone Inn...Listen you are living in America....In america customer service is a must...you are not in India ...... OK ...Ok

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank boricua03
briarstoneinn08, Webmaster at Motel 6 Pigeon Forge - Dollywood Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2011

Dear boricua03,

I am sorry that things did not work out for you to be a guest at Briarstone Inn as you had intended.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Registration staff received additional training concerning the courteous manner in which they as our employees are expected to show to our valued guests.

2) It is being looked into to see if we can’t find a way for online registration and offline registration to work together to give the same information.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will choose to stay at Briarstone Inn, I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 17 October 2010

So, I read all the review before deciding to make my reservation. I typically dont go by other opinions b/c I like to form my own, however, the reviews were very much accurate. Me and my husband paid for the best room there. I almost cried when I realized what we were getting into. I booked the jacuzzi and fireplace room. First, I will say the location was super. It was right next to everything and in between gatlinburg and Dollywood so you could go either way and not have to go to far. There was also a Golden Corral in the parking lot and an IHOP on the other side and a Food City across the street. So there was llimited parking and then you have to pass mowers, trash carts, and other random things before you get to a ramp. Once you get to the ramp you walk up to 2nd floor, and if you are on 3rd floor you walk up another ramp on the other side of the building. So, if you are older and have trouble walking this could be a problem. So, we get to the room and it smells like must. The bed had 2 pillows and they were tiny and worn in (same with the linens) The mirrors in the room had chips or worn spots on them. The heat and air unit barely worked and the staff said they would look at it and never did. The worst thing was that there was no fireplace which we paid for according to our room description from priceline. I had my husband go downstairs and tell them about the mistake. They refused to move us b/c they were booked up.We even asked the next morning after everyone left and they said the rooms with the fireplaces were still booked (they have a no refund policy). The shower had mold at the top of it and wouldnt drain until you got out of it. The room was very run down, dark, and depressing. My husband hugged me and said we would have to make the best of it since there was a no refund policy. Please listen to the reviews and understand you should not stay there unless you absolutely cannot afford anything else or it's a short stay. I was very disappointed again. I wish I would have listened to the reviews and picked something else. The room was cheap and in a good location, but if I could do it over I definatley would not have stayed there, and I will never stay there again. The folks there are very rude and unproffesional, and they did not provide the room we paid for and refused to give us any kind of refund or apologize for the sitution.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank slee123

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Briarstone Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that the location was a good one for you.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) We are looking into the matter of your not being provided with the room for which you paid and seeing if there wasn’t some way you could have been compensated.

2) The staff members received additional training in the courteous way in which they as our employees are expected to treat our valued guests.

3) The maintenance staff was instructed to check the heat and the plumbing in the room assigned to you and make sure that it is all in proper working condition.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Briarstone Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 10 October 2010

My friend and I planned a trip to visit the Casino in Cherokee N.C and to spend one day in Pigeon Forge. My first mistake was booking this hotel online. It was way overpriced. You could see clear out crack of the door without opening it. The bathroom looked like a rat had been chewing on the wall. It gets worst!!! The towels were stained. We only stayed in the room that night because we did a lot of sight seeing and went back up to the casino. Well when I woke up the next morning and pulled the covers off of me....Bed bugs were crawling all in the bed. My friend killed a couple and yes they were full of blood and I am sure it was mine. I was sick. I called the front des and asked for a manager and she said she would call me back but after waiting more than 30 minutes, I went to the front desk to show her the pictures that I had took on my phone. The sad part about it.....She never said sorry. Please if you value your life....do not stay at this hotel!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnB2010Trip

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Briarstone Inn for your recent stay in our area.

1) Maintenance staff was informed of your report of a possible rat and of the bedbugs and instructed to look into the matter and see to it that any such infestation found is eliminated.

2) Management and housekeeping staff were instructed that when towels become stained, it is time to replace them.

3) Maintenance staff was told of the problem with the door of the room assigned to you and instructed to see to it’s repair.

Reviewed 1 October 2010

I loved this hotel once upon a time... they were a favorite of mine... I've made them quite a bit of money... not including the half a dozen or so times a year I stay there myself... by referring friends and family to them. The last visit though proved very disappointing.

I had splurged on one of their jaccuzi suites. It wasn't ungodly expensive... very fairly priced actually, but the room had a mild odor of mildew in it when entering.

The worst part about this visit though was the day of checkout. Upon signing my reciept I was provided information that said I didn't have to check out til 3PM - which was exciting. Ironically enough, despite my documentation, the hotel clerk came aknockin at 12PM. My partner and I had tried to sleep in and when we answered to let them know we were getting ready to leave, they got extremely rude.

I'm all about accepting responsibility and fault... but don't get rude! Bride burned. I won't be referring to them any more.

PS. I also never recieved an email confirmation after 3 requests for it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Briarstone Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you had experienced so many satisfying stays here and enjoyed them enough to recommend our establishment to others, that is always nice to hear.

1) Housekeeping staff was informed of the mildew odor which you noted and instructed to please see to the elimination of such odors in the future.

2) Management and registration staff was questioned as to why you were asked to leave before the check out time which you were given. It is also being looked into as to why you did not receive an email confirmation.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Briarstone Inn, I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 19 September 2010

To start with their was a whole in the door bottom were anything could have crawled under the door. We paid 400 for a dump. When you took a shower the water was half way up your legs the drains was so stopped up you still felt nasty after u took a shower. There were holes in the walls. The box springs looked like it had crap or blood on the bottom of it. I wouldn't stay there again. At first we didn't have any wash cloths then i went down to the front desk to get some never mind that three was four people in the room and we had 3 rooms rented and they gave me two wash cloths for 3 rooms, so i called back down there and asked if we could cut them in half and she said no i guess i will bring some she brought 2 more and that was it. The swimming pool had mold in it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank NashvilleBabygirl1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Briarstone Inn for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon the receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Housekeeping staff was instructed to see to the cleaning of the box springs in the room assigned to you. They received additional instruction in seeing that all rooms are properly stocked with towels and wash cloths.

2) Maintenance staff was instructed to see to it that the plumbing in the room assigned to you is properly working. They were also informed of the report of mold in the swimming pool and instructed to see to it that the swimming pool is properly maintained.

Reviewed 30 July 2010

My stay at this hole in the wall was a disaster there were broken chairs outside on the sidewalk ,mattress' stacked in a space at the end of the building ,boards and a broken table lying in the grass at the end of the building,only part of the lights workrd in the room when my wife tried to turn on the light the fixture came off the wall in her hand whenI told the management they said we'll get someone tomorrow they never did while we were there. when we first arrived they required us to pay for the room upfront in full for the length of the stay and we had a family emergency and had to leave a day early they wouldn't refund the unused day that we paid for ,they were not very cooperative they kept telling us the manager was the only one able to give us a refund but he would never show up to face me and explain the policy I personally think this is a flawed policy and I will NEVERstay at this place again and I will be sure to tell my friends about my experience there. my e-mail is fireplg1@yahoo.com

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fireplg1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Briarstone Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry you experience a family emergency, these times are always so hard.

1) Maintenance was instructed to see to the improvement of the appearance around the building. They were also instructed to check the electrical appliances in the room which was assigned to you and see to it that they are all in proper working order.

2) Management has been approached about their no refund policy.

Reviewed 2 July 2010

At $45 a night, you can't expect luxury. But it was clean enough and everything worked fine.
The pool is small and right by the highway, so we didn't use it.
Everyone is friendly. The ramps to the second floor did have a bit of a smell, but it is a pet-friendly hotel. So, that's kind of expected.
We were mostly interested in hiking the Smokies, and we just wanted to have a soft place to land at night.
They do have free wifi, and it always worked fine.
I'd stay there again.