“Felt like home...”

Review of RACCOON'S REST

Exterior Front View at Raccoon's Rest
Main Level Deck with Seating at Raccoon's Rest Living Room with Fireplace at Raccoon's Rest
Check Availability
Game Room with Pool Table at Raccoon's Rest
Screened Porch with Hot Tub at Raccoon's Rest
Screened Porch with Patio Table and Rockers at Raccoon's Rest
Rear Deck at Raccoon's Rest
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
moparsfri...
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Never stay at Racoon's Rest - NASTY”
Reviewed 29 December 2011 for a stay in December 2011
people found this review helpful

We thought we'd upgraded cabins within American Patriot Getaways' given choices, we took a 4th stage cancer patient with us on what may be his last trip. From the moment we walked in, we were overcome with a musty,mildew smell in the cabin. We were unable to use the downstairs bedroom because the odor was worse downstairs. We burned candles the entire trip. I can't say that I became ill because of the mildewy odor but I started having headaches and sinus problems before we ever left. The mattress was good but the bedding itself came right off the bed, musty odor.

Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
maryville tn

Rugged travelers
Management Response
18 Nov 2011
Maria,

I am so pleased that you loved Raccoon's Rest and I am sorry that the lady you spoke to was rude. I want you to know that she is no longer with us and I'm sure you understand why. I apologize and will be sending you a complimentary two night stay in that cabin as our way of apologizing for the bad customer service. We appreciate your patronage Maria and want to thank you for the great review on the cabin. It is a popular favorite of many of our guests.
IN

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 35-44
AL
Reviewed 27 September 2011 for a stay in August 2008

Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing