“SUPERIOR experience after over a decade of...”
other travellers have booked this property
Gorgeous sunrises from the front deck, fiery sunsets from the back deck.
Panoramic view of Cove Mountain and Wears Valley (the mtn looks HUGE in person) Sunset after a stormy day, from back deck
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Gorgeous sunrises from the front deck, fiery sunsets from the back deck.
Panoramic view of Cove Mountain and Wears Valley (the mtn looks HUGE in person)
Sunset after a stormy day, from back deck
Front side with Bluff Mtn and cascades of ridges behind
Back side with stunning view of Cove Mtn and Wears Valley in the background
Lush, beautiful grounds surround the home
Best place for a nap?
Living room
Windows to the views across the living room, dining room, and loft above.
Living room and stairs to upper level
View from front door through dining room to kitchen
Kitchen, featuring new double oven range
Sunbeams and mountain shadows draw lines through the valley fog
Sunset warms the master suite; king bed and big rear view
Master suite has whirlpool tub with big rear view
Upstairs king bedroom with gorgeous rear view
Upstairs den has queen bed and amazing rear view
Summer sunsets in the heart of the rear view
Loft with big front view
Fog settles in Wears Valley, seen through the loft
Layers of fog drift through Wears Valley
Entertainment room in lower level has two futons and a big screen TV
Pool table, foosball, arcade
Queen bedroom in lower level with adjacent bathroom, open to game room and entertainment room
Lower level bathroom
Hot tub with a view
Parking for four cars easy, up to six or seven if you squeeze them in.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 18 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Kyla C
“SUPERIOR experience after over a decade of vacationing in the area”
Reviewed 1 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

My husband and I have been vacationing in the area for over 10 years. We have visited many different cabins in many different areas, never one twice. EMBRACING VIEW is the only cabin in which we would repeat our stay. Absolutely exquisite panoramic visuals, deluxe accommodations down to the quality of the bed linen texture, and thorough attentiveness from the owner, Jay, whose enthusiasm for our experience was obviously paramount. You will have to search far and wide to find a serene mountain paradise that indulges the senses as this gem does...we have done all of the footwork for you, look no farther.

2 Nov 2017
Thank you, Kyla, for the glowing review. We do try to give our guests the best experience we can, and it is wonderful to hear that folks appreciate it. Your comment about the linens made us grin because we tried several brands before settling on these. They were the most comfortable, so we outfitted the whole place with them. Hope you will come back to Embracing View or perhaps Sensational View when it is ready for guests!---Jay & Amy
sewsewss
Pace, Florida
“Mountain Top Relaxation”
Reviewed 24 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Sitting on top of Hatcher Mountain is Embracing View cabin, with the most relaxing views of the Mountains and the valley. Peaceful, calming and beautiful. Sit on the front porch and enjoy the sunrise, enjoy the sunset on the back porch. This cabin provides everything that is needed and more for the most enjoyable vacation. Wish we could have stayed forever.

25 Oct 2017
Thank you for the review and for your private notes after the trip as well. There is no better feedback than when guests say they "enjoyed the cabin immensely." The suggestions you offered on a few things we could change for the better were most welcome too, as future guests will benefit from the tweaks. We wish we could stay there forever too, but returning is sweet. Hope to have you back again soon!---Jay & Amy
Melanie L
“Embracing View is an appropriate name for this cabin!”
Reviewed 18 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

My daughter and I arrived in Sevierville, Tennessee, at this Embracing View cabin after dark so we didn't really get to see how majestic its view was until the next morning. However, the above-and-beyond thorough welcome packet from the helpful owners, Jay and Amy Hopman, left us no doubt what we could expect when we arrived. They anticipated our every need for every aspect of the visit, including ways to avoid traffic, things to do, where to get groceries; you name it. They provided us with the cleanest cabin I've ever stayed in with updated appliances, furniture and electronic equipment. The new flat-screen televisions were huge! In the game room, they also had a Ms. Pacman/Galaga, etc. game table, which took me back to younger days! Once the morning came, I made a point to check out each terrace (there were some on each level) and found comfortable furniture to help me enjoy the morning clouds/fog that gave the Smokies its name. We also had everything we needed in the kitchen to help with family dinners enhanced by the backdrop of the mountains as seen through huge windows. In the past, I felt cabins I've stayed at had a faint musty smell to them, but this one did not. The decor was just right and I particularly enjoyed the perfect pillows, bedding and mattress for a comfortable, good night's sleep. No one could regret this place.

20 Oct 2017
Hi Melanie, if you hadn't mentioned that you are a journalist I might have guessed anyway after reading your review. Thank you for noticing the things we do to try to help our guests have a great vacation. We enjoyed seeing the pics from your trip. It makes us happy when guests send a few selfies and pics of their activities because we know they are having a great time!---Jay & Amy
Jackie M
“Stunning Mountain cabin and exceptional view!!”
Reviewed 18 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

The Cabin was very clean and beautiful. The scenery from the cabin was absolutely stunning! The scenery would best a National Park for sure. The Sunrise and Sunset, there are just no words to describe. You could just stay rocking on the front porch all day long. Everything from shoppes to entertainment to food was only 10-15 minutes away. I would highly suggest this cabin to anyone. Jay and Amy are great and provide excellent customer service.
Thank you both for a wonderful experience!

20 Oct 2017
Hi Jackie, we are so glad to hear what a great time you had during your visit. It makes it more special to know you were with family you don't get to vacation with very often. The Smokies are such a great place for reunions with the beauty and so many activities for everyone in the family. We hope to have you back!---Jay & Amy
FloridaHo...
Florida
“Excellent Cabin, Views, Owner & Experience”
Reviewed 14 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

I have rented at least 8 mountain cabins in GA, TN & NC over the last 10 years. This was by far the cleanest, well furnished and the best owner to deal with. The kitchen was stocked with new pot & pans, new stove & microwave, plenty of utensils,etc. New HD TV’s in all rooms including a HUGE TV on lower level. Furniture on main level was brand new. All beds were very comfortable, I think some were new or pillow tops added. Inside and out, the cabin was VERY clean! Tons of outdoor seating and multiple tables on every level. Hot tub was clean, everything was clean. The view from the front and back was beautiful, never have I rented a cabin that had the sunrise and sunset!

Cabin is located in Wears Valley which is about 15 minutes from the parkway in Pigeon Forge. There is also a backroad that will take you to traffic light #1 in Pigeon Forge or another road to Cade’s Cove or Gatlinburg. We have stayed in this area twice and I perfer this area vs having to drive through the heart of Gatlinburg to go to Pigeon Forge or to a lot of the hikes/falls.

The property was sold after I had placed my deposit, which I had a very good interaction with the owner (Cindy). I was a little nervous about how the transition would go and if the new owner would be good to work with. Shortly after the sale, Jay (new owner) reached out to introduce himself to me. Right away he impressed me with his hospitality and professionalism. He was great to talk to and answered all of my questions and concerns about the sale. He was very thorough in explaining everything and even told me all of the updates to the cabin he was planning to do before my visit.

I live in an area that was severely impacted by Hurricane Irma. About 5 days after the storm pasted, Jay reached out to me to find out if we were okay and offered to adjust my reservation if needed as he wasn’t sure if we needed to cancel or delay us visit. That was impressive!

We arrived as scheduled and there was a welcome basket with some goodies waiting for us on the kitchen counter. Never have we had that happen, very impressed! Jay also gave us a welcome packet that was the most extensive I have ever seen. Obviously he provided info about check in and checkout but also included detail driving instructions, instructions about TV’s & spa, and places his family loves to visit and do. He even listed all of the upgrades and changes made since he purchased the property.

We had a problem with the Direct TV (the company messed up the account transfer ) and after contacting Jay, he jumped right on the call for service. He was very concerned, showed urgency in fixing the problem and kept me informed on the status.

During our stay, I called Jay to discuss the possibility of our flights getting canceled due to Hurricane Nate and the need to stay longer. He was very accommodating with adjustment if needed.

We loved the cabin, loved the views and very much enjoyed our vacation. I would definitely rent this cabin again.

19 Oct 2017
Hi Kip, thanks for the extensive review. It makes us feel good to know that our efforts do not go unnoticed. We have been disappointed with other homes we have stayed in, especially those managed by agencies, and we hope our guests never feel that way! Hope you can make it back to Embracing View or our other property (Sensational View) that is being rebuilt after the fire.---Jay & Amy
Suzanne G
“Embracing View cabin rental”
Reviewed 27 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

This cabin is beautiful and the perfect setting for big family get togethers. It has the most spectacular sunsets and sunrises. Perfect and spacious enough for playing games and enjoying the family atmosphere to quiet little nooks where you can decompress and enjoy a book or a glass of wine. Thank you Hopman family for allowing us to share your lovely cabin. Can't wait to book it again next year!!

28 Sep 2017
Suzanne, we are glad you could come decompress at our place! Thanks for the tips you passed on about a few local restaurants. We will be sure to pass those on to other guests. We look forward to hosting your family again next year!---Jay & Amy
Cruiser71...
“I could stay here all year long, The views are amazing!”
Reviewed 6 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Title: A Week in Paradise

My family stayed for a week and we were sad when we had to leave. This is a special place. The view is fabulous. You go from the front to the back and see both sides from the mountaintop. You feel like you are all alone even though a couple other houses are nearby. It's so good you don't want to go inside. But then you go inside and the house is beautiful, comfortable and clean. The hot tub is relaxing and lets you see both views depending which way you look. The owners just put new TV's and furniture in the house and it feels warm and relaxing. I would go back in a heartbeat and will recommend this cabin to family and friends. I took lots of pictures to show them. The house is easy to get to. We ate at Alamo and Mama's Farmhouse and they were only about 15 minutes away.

8 Sep 2017
Hi Janet, Darrell and family. We were delighted to host you after just buying this cabin a few weeks ago. We hope you will come back soon and bring more family and friends. Thanks for leaving the cabin in spotless condition... always appreciated! We will continue to decorate the cabin over time, starting with a visit in late September, so it should be even prettier on the inside next time you see it.---Jay & Amy
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing