“NOT WORTH THE STRESS”

NAO Japanese Grill
Ranked #132 of 192 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Never have I had a worse experience with a restaurant. I attempted to order food through the drive through and since I had never dined at this restaurant I had questions. The lady on the other end was short and rude even mocking me at one point. Frustrated with the exchange I decided to go inside to speak to a manager only to find out that lady I was speaking to was the manager. She was was sloppy and unprofessional. She thought it was funny that I was trying to make management aware of my bad experience and she was the manager. I asked for a corporate number and she laughed and said it was privately owned. So apparently if you eat at this establishment they can treat you however they want without any accountability.

1  Thank emills865

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Drive through lady was extremely rude. Forgot my shrimp tempura and refused to make me one or admit They may have messed up. Started raising her voice at me and telling me I was wrong. Lets talk about that shrimp tempura. 2 peices of shrimp for 8 dollars... I couldnt beieve my eyes when I finally got it. So incredibly overpriced. The hibachi meal I got was small for 16$!!!!! The only saving grace was the manager profusely apoligizing to me for the rude customer service I was given by the drive through lady. Front of house manager preformed her job right and was very kind to me, and apologetic. She is the only reason I at least gave 2 stars. Will not eat here again. Also fpod took very long.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Very nice atmosphere! Food was a 9 out of 10. Friendly workers.... It took a little longer than I would have likely for our food to arrive at the table but it was piping hot so it was worth the wait.

1  Thank SheilaMarieK
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

A little pricey, but excellent food especially if u like Japanese food. It is convenient because they have a drive thru window. And the service was good, with very little wait.

1  Thank Tammy C
Reviewed 22 May 2018

I have never written a bad review because I don't want to deter tourists from experiencing everything our lovely town has to offer but people should know about this one. I went to eat there and after waiting almost 15 minutes at the register before anyone walked up to take our order I was finally able to order. We were checked on once when a girl told us it would be a second and eventually got around to taking our order. Keep in mind there were only 3 other tables in the place at that time. My sister and I both ordered food at 7:31. At 8:03 my sister got her roll but mine never came. Finally after waiting a long time after hers was finished we had realized that everyone who came after us had already left and I still hadn't received mine. At 8:42 I finally went up and asked why I hadn't received my food and the lady asked what I had and said they were working on it. I ordered the same types of rolls that everyone else had that came after me and explained that to her. All she would say is that they go in order, I then explained that I had been there longer than any table and most of them had left at that point. She then grabbed a ticket and tried to show me how they cook based on the "timestamp" The one she was holding and explaining was the next ticket in line was rang up at 8:35. I then showed her my ticket that said 7:31 and asked if I could just have a refund because we were ready to go and couldnt wait any longer. She refused the refund and just put the roll in a box for me. Horrible customer service. Will not return there again. Do not eat there unless you want to spend your vacation watching other people eat.