“A must go to...DO NOT MISS!”
Review of Mama's Farmhouse

Mama's Farmhouse
Ranked #29 of 173 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come see what Mama is cooking today! We serve up country favorites, FAMILY STYLE, right to your table so you get to taste everything that Mama is cooking that day. Specialties like Fried Chicken, Chicken Fried Steak, Turkey, Honey Ham, Meatloaf and more are paired with a huge variety of vegetables like fried okra chicken - n- dumplings, macaroni and cheese, sweet potato casserole and so many more. We always finish lunch and dinner with our famous delicious peach cobbler and banana pudding. In addition to these Southern Delights, our daily breakfast features pinwheels, eggs, chocolate gravy, fried chicken tenders, sausage, bacon and more more more! Taste something you really can't get enough of, just ask for more, because Mama always has a stove full of goodies. Find out why we are everyone's favorite family restaurant in Pigeon Forge.
Greencastle, Indiana
“A must go to...DO NOT MISS!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have a family of 6 which consist of me being a double below knee amputee, my Dad having vertigo and cant walk without assistive devices (such as a walker) and a his personal aid, a teen girl, preteen boy, and my husband. We had planned a lovely meal at our rental cabin that fell through at 9PM. So we loaded everyone up and went to find a restaurant. We walked into Mama's and they invited us in even though they were cleaning floors and table for closing. They accommodated fully! Our waitress, Sarah, was phenomenal! She always had a smile on her face, very inviting, was constantly checking if we needed anything, drinks were always full, and even gave us suggestions of thing to do, eat, or try while visiting. The food was filling and excellent for late night last minute arrivals just as they were closing, The BEST banana pudding I have ever tasted! The fried okra was so good! The cookies where perfect, with gooey melted chocolate inside and all! There wasn't a bad part of this meal at all. If you are in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area this is a must eat at spot!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank DaraNB78

Maryland
“Wanted to like it.... But”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Should have listened to some of the previous negative reviews...
Turkey with stuffing did taste like a previous reviewer said TV dinner .
Mashed potatoes were runny and bland. Chicken was just ok. Too expensive for what we got. Service was ok. Desserts were not good.

1 Thank MAGICEJS
Jonathan_JFoR, Owner at Mama's Farmhouse, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear MAGICEJS,

First off, thanks for taking the time to review Mama's after your recent visit. I am very sorry that you didn't leave full and happy, which is our goal. I would object to our food being compared with a TV dinner, which is processed food that is packaged and frozen. Quite the contrary, Mama's food is handmade (from scratch) and delivered to the table fresh and offerered all-you-can-eat. Mama's recipes were developed by our family, based on the cooking of my father-in-law's great grandmother, Mama. That's not to say that we don't occasionally make mistakes, but when Mama's is done right it is truly great Southern fare. Since you don't mention anything specific about the turkey, I can't say what might have been wrong with it during your visit...only that it is succulent and moist when prepared properly. It is possible the mashed potatoes were runny. They shouldn't be when prepared properly and I'm sorry they weren't perfect during your visit. As for desserts, we'll have the occasional guest not like one of the things Mama is offering on a given day, but never both. Our desserts are, in my mind, delicious. I'm sorry that you didn't care for them.
Finally, with regard to pricing. We believe that we charge a more than fair price for a scratch made, Southern meal, which is delivered to the table with a smile and offered "all-you-can-eat". What's more, our pricing is in line with similar concepts in the region. Please consider giving us another shot. I'm certain you'll be happy you did so.

Best,
Jonathan
co-owner, Mama's Farmhouse
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Peach Butter and Tons of Food”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My boyfriend and I visited this place because we ate at its sister restaurant, Bennets Pit Bar-B-Que. Both places offered great food. It was an "all-you-can-eat" style restaurant with a fun, farm-house theme. The peach butter was to die for on their buttermilk biscuits. We bought two large jars of it to take home. We got the meatloaf, turkey and dressing, and fried chicken as the meats, along with macaroni and cheese, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, chicken and dumplings, and mashed potatoes and gravy. Even though they down-sized the portions, it was still way more than we could eat. The dumplings were great, but the rest of the food was just, okay. Our waiter, Spencer, was great and made sure we had everything we wanted. My boyfriend even left his hat and Spencer ran out to the parking lot to make sure we got his hat back. We will be returning for more peach butter very soon!!

• Visited July 2014
Livingston, Louisiana, United States
“Awesome Breakfast!! ”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Amazing choices of many items each brought to your table. The staff is friendly and hospitable. You eat as much as you can and they bring you more if you want it. Our family of 5 adults couldn't completely finish everything and were good for 2 meals. Go there with a hearty appetite and empty stomach. :)

1 Thank Tabitha M
tenn.
“High priced TV dinner !”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Everything tasted and looked like they just got it out of the freezer and microwaved it ! It was also very high for two adults and two kids Our total bill was 68.00! Would have rather ate McDonald's!

Dear Katie&Sadie'smom,

Thank you for taking the time to review Mama's after your recent visit. I would object to your description of the appearance and taste of Mama's food. Whereas a frozen/TV dinner is processed food that is packaged and frozen, Mama's is prepared from scratch, by hand, and served fresh to our customers at the table with a smile. I wish that you had mentioned -- specifically -- some of what was wrong with your meal as I know we occasionally make mistakes and I am happy to speak with the staff when we do. Additionally, I like to remind folks that we have a team of managers at Mama's who are there to fix anything that's not right should you not be happy about any part of your meal. Our goal is for you to leave full and happy.
Finally, with regard to pricing: we believe that we charge a more than fair price for a scratch-made Southern meal that is served to your table and offered all-you-can-eat. What's more, it is offered all-you-can-eat. Additionally, our pricing is right in line with similar concepts in the region.
I hope you'll consider giving us another shot the next time you're in town. I'm sure you'll be happy you did.

Jonathan