“Excellent Place to Stay”
Review of Pigeon River Inn

Pigeon River Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Pigeon Forge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Pigeon River Inn is a excellent place to stay for the price. Nice rooms very courteous staff will definitely stay here again. Conveniently located close to many attractions but not right in the middle of all the excitement.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Pigeon River Inn

Reviewed 20 June 2013

We live around 100 miles from this area, and like to go to Dollywood and then stay the night pretty often, so we're familiar with most of the cheaper motels around there.
We did that last week, and i decided I wanted to stay at the Pigeon River Inn even though our last experience there wasn't real good. Mainly because it was a beautiful night for sitting out on a balcony, and theirs overlooks to Pigeon River. We took in the coupon in theTravelers guide book ( available at gas stations and welcome areas, )and it said 2 people , $39.00, however when we gave them the coupon they said for the balcony on the river rooms it would be $10.00 more. Last time it was $5.00 more . but we had them show us the room, and it was really nicely fixed up since our last stay. Walls and floors were fresh and clean, Microwave, refrigerator, New looking bedspreads on the 2 Queen sized beds, clean bathroom. etc.
The only complaint I would have is that we tried to sleep together on one of the beds, but it was so soft it was uncomfortable, so we used them both and that was fine. lots of pillows , but I always bring my own.
The traffic noise is pretty bad until after midnight or so, and you cant really hear the stream but it's still nice to sit outside and watch it. The breakfast, as before, left a lot to be desired, but we each had a couple of muffins and some coffee, which is enough for me
. All in all I was pleasantly surprised , and it came to a little over $ 50.00.
They had a outdoor pool but it was very small and 3 or 4 kids filled it.

Room Tip: The balcony rooms on the river are the nicest.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This hotel was clean. The service was good. Breakfast was good. It was a great find for the price of $42. I would stay here again. The front desk clerk directed us to the Hatfield and McCoy show, which was really good.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

My room was nice and clean. It had plenty of room, microwave and mini fridge and the location was good. The sign advertised rooms for $29.99 but "of course" they were conveniently out of those rooms and I had to get a $49.99 room. Their didn't look to be many cars in the lot so I don't know if that's a gimmick or not but still not bad for $50. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My husband and I decided to save some money, and go ahead and book a room in this hotel. Judging by the pictures and the reviews on the place it seemed like a good move. Location was okay, its at the beginning of pigeon forge. You do have a view of the river, and although its not much it is a lot nicer than staring at other businesses. We stayed in the honeymoon suite. Everything was going well until we opened the door to our room, and it smelled like something died in our room. We walked in and had to open the door and turn up the ac. The remote looked like someone threw up on it and although it appeared clean, I noticed the tile around the hot tub was all cracked as well as the jets. We hated going back to our room. When we told the clerk she just said thanks for telling us and continued about her business. She was also very rude when checking us out of our room. She actually had said oh you're checking out, good! I suppose you get what you pay for. I'm regretful that we stayed there. Judging on the room we stayed in we didn't even trust the breakfast bar.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank gerbear85
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I am so thankful for the staff and wonderful experience we had on our recent trip to Pigeon Forge! This was a trip for memory making and I could not have asked for anything to be better... The price is great, rooms are clean, the continental breakfast was good, and as always the staff was super nice! I loved being able to walk out on the balcony and enjoy some fresh air while my son was still sleeping, great place to enjoy a morning cup of coffee! I would highly recommend this hotel, as they are also convenient to all the area attrations! Thanks again for all the care we recieved, very family friendly and we will defiantly be back!!!

Room Tip: I loved my balcony room overlooking the river and city lights
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

I found this hotel from a coupon in a rest stop magazine and was pleasantly surprised by how beautiful it was. We were greeted by a very friendly lady who immediately made us feel at home. My room was very comfortable and even had a balcony view of the small river running by the hotel . I recommend this hotel to my fellow traveler and will return myself.

• Stayed: April 2013