“Staff Lie”

Ranked #80 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Maysville, Kentucky
“Staff Lie”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Don't stay at this hotel. Your room will not get cleaned, but there will be someone in it every day. We had to ask for toilet paper and Kleenex and I also complained because there were no clean towels, plus our bed was not made. When I complained to management, they said the staff did what they were supposed to do, so if you do stay here, take pics of your room as proof. They "gave the customer (me) the benefit of a doubt" and offered me a free night, but I told them I wouldn't stay here again. They made me feel like it was MY fault my room was not cleaned. Below if the note I sent to customer service and was told that I had already done the 'damage'. What damage? By complaining to customer service?

I booked 3 nights at the Pigeon Forge, TN and am in no way happy with my visit or stay at this location.

When we arrived, we went up to check our room. The bed covers were laying on the window seat, the trash had not been emptied and the bathroom was a mess. We complained to the receptionist and were moved to another room, across the hall.

We left early Friday morning and when we returned late Friday evening, the empty toilet paper roll had not been replenished nor had the empty Kleenex box. The towels we used that morning we still in the bathroom, the carpet had not been swept nor the bed made. A chair had been moved though, so we knew someone had been in the room. I complained to the receptionist and received a roll of toilet paper and Kleenex.

We left on Saturday morning to return to an unkempt room on Saturday night as well. The bed had not been made, there were fresh towels folded on the sink (not hung on the rack), the stupid chair had been moved again and the trash had been emptied. I feel the only reason these two things were done was because I had complained the night before. Our cups were not replaced/refilled and the breakfast bar was not the least bit good. They opened a can of gravy and dumped it in a warmer. The biscuits were cold and had to be heated in the microwave. One day of the 'free' continental breakfast was enough for us.

I will not stay in this hotel again and I will most certainly tell all my friends not to stay here as well. Now I see why this is a 2 star rated hotel. Guess I should have paid attention to the rating. I complained when we checked out and was told I would have to call back later, that a manager was not on site.

Just to be clear, I’m not complaining that OUR SHEETS were not changed; I don’t care about that, but I do expect if housekeeping comes into our room, they do the job they are paid to do and that is clean it. We did not hang the ‘do not disturb’ sign on the door, as we expected our room stock to be replenished and our room to be cleaned (fresh towels, plenty of toilet paper/soaps/shampoos/Kleenex, etc). I would suggest some training on how to clean a room because they obviously don’t know how to do it.

Room Tip: My room on the third floor smelled like oil. I cannot recommend any rooms at this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank molohi
ghipf, Guest Relations Manager at GuestHouse Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
H

Please accept our sincere apologies for the dissatisfaction that you experienced in respect to your recent stay.

At GuestHouse Int’l Inn Pigeon Forge Tn., we take great pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry you were disappointed with the services at our facility. We have addressed your concerns with our staff.

We do take our customers comments very seriously, and we have addressed the issues you have reported.

GuestHouse Int’l Inn Pigeon Forge deeply value our guests and are committed to providing our guests with the highest level of service and accommodations, simply because our customers deserve the very best.

Management Guest House Inn Pigeon Forge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
CLARKSVILLE
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The title says it all. The beds were very uncomfortable. The place was pretty run down. I can understand that this was a for profit business and it isn't really effective to keep high quality bedding, but even then, don't have your customers sleep on bricks.

1 Thank Phillip S
ghipf, Public Relations Manager at GuestHouse Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, 10 August 2014

Reviewed 20 July 2014

As me and my family were having a family outting in pigeon forge we decided to stop and stay at Guest House international inn and as we were checking our beds my 13 year old sister and told me to look next to the bed and as I did I seen a USED condom. When we went to the clerk he told us the manager could not be contacted til 9 in the morning. So we had a maid come to our room to clean and disinfect the entire room while we watched and what she told us was "This room as not been touched. These sheets and pillow cases are disgusting." At that point my mom had had enough and went to get a refund. We have not yet got our money back. The employees are absolutely awful and extremely rude. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

5 Thank Samantha_1371949372

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Pigeon forge
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Room was dirty and staff was rude and refused to move us so We asked for our money back she said she had to ask the mgr. the clerk returned and said she could not return our money and the mgr refused to speak with us. We had to call our credit card company to refuse payment.

4 Thank Banjoga

ALPHARETTA
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I called 866-429-0150 which is suppose to be the direct line to the front desk according to the coupon for the hotel in the FREE HOTELS COUPON.com booklet.I spoke with a "CALL CENTER" and a gentleman whom asked me questions about what size bed I was wanting and how many people, ie.... same normal questions for reserving a room. Well according to Sharon River Winter (Manager and part franchise owner), when the personnel are busy at the front desk, the calls are transferred to a "CALL CENTER". At this point you are NOT talking with a personnel at the front desk, but according to "Sharon River Winter Manager and part franchise owner", the call center is authorized to book rooms at the discounted coupon price in the FREE HOTELS COUPONS.com booklet. Once you arrive at the hotel and check in at the front desk, it becomes a guessing game on pricing, meaning since you booked through the "CALL CENTER" you may not get the discounted price that's in the booklet!

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel it's not worth the money!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank vwvalentinejr
ghipf, Front Office Manager at GuestHouse Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, 26 November 2014

Reviewed 7 July 2014

A great inexpensive hotel if you just want a place to sleep. It was less than a half mile from Patriot Park and 3 miles from Dollywood. Room was very small with a queen bed, but was clean. The breakfast did not start on time and was not edible.

Calhoun, Georgia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We were just in town for a night and were looking for a location close to Dollywood. This motel was within 5 minutes of the park and was just what we needed. The motel was clean and we enjoyed our quick stay. Breakfast was great. The staff was friendly. Next trip we make we will try to stay at the GuestHouse again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family