“Grandkids loved it”

Ranked #24 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Indiana
“Grandkids loved it”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

My grandchildren and us stayed here 3 nights October 19-21. The room was spacious enough for 5 of us and they liked the fact that the sink and bathroom area was seperate. The pool and hot tub was adequate for this time of year and warm enough they even swam in the outside pool. Breakfast was hot and plentiful. It was very crowded on Saturday, but that is to be expected and they had an overflow room to accomodated all of us. The exercise room was very clean and had very nice equipment for us. We walked off the food we ate every night. I will recommend this hotel for the cleanliness and the location which was right in the center of Pigeon Forge and just back of the main drag for nose control.

1 Thank GrannyCIndiana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Aberystwyth Mid Wales
Reviewed 28 October 2011

We stayed here for one night in October 2011 after visiting Dollywood, which was an excellent day out. The hotel is just next door to the "Inn at Christmas Place" which you can check out or visit for a cheeky peep - it's good fun! I was quite surprised with the quality of the rooms at the Springhill Suites - nice decor and bedding etc. Having said that the hotel is only two to three years old with hardly any wear and tear in our room anyway. The rooms are also large and airy and include a seperate seating area. Marriot provided a choice of pillows which was superb as I hate down pillows and prefer firm foam filled pillows !

Pigeon Forge itself is also nicer than I expected having read some unflattering reviews in guide books etc prior to our visit - I suppose that we have a similar destination in the UK called "Blackpool" which caters for the same type of customer. Blackpool is a dump compared to Pigeon Forge - in fact there really is no comparison ! At night, Pigeon Forge was all lit up like a mini Las Vegas - very kitsch and worth the drive around at night just to see the lights etc !

The free self service breakfast is a good option as well - this is not a la carte by a long shot but it does the job.

You'd do well to find a nicer quality room in Pigeon Forge.

Room Tip: Don't bother checking other hotels if you have £80 to spend !
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I've never posted a review to Trip Advisor before, but I absolutely have to after my stay at the Springhill Suites in Pigeon Forge, TN. I travel for a living and I've stayed in hundreds of hotels, and I must say that this hotel is one of the best I've stayed at in all of my travels! The staff was extremely helpful and the facilities were top notch. This hotel gets an A+ from me!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank dontslapthebass
Georgetown, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Our family always goes to TN for a long weekend every fall. We usually rent a cabin but were only going for a quick shopping trip so we opted for a hotel. We were very hesitant, but when comparing to other hotels (price and a name we trusted) this one won! Upon arrival our check-in was very smooth and fast. We were with my in-laws and both rooms were extremely clean and ready upon arrival! The bathrooms were spotless and we loved the digital thermostat, showers (adjustable head, lots of pressure and hot water), kitchenette, and flat screen tv! We will definitely be back here. It's very close to everything but still back off the road a little! I'm already planning a girls shopping trip back down next month! :)

Room Tip: It's also conveniently located to a "back road" that runs straight to Belz Outlets (av...
2 Thank danamarie04
Bradenton, FL
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Very clean, newish Springhill Suites with included breakfast. Good location as restaurants (Mellow Mushroom; Starbucks both 100 yds) and attractions (Dollywood) are nearby. Rooms have nice beds with plenty of pillows and granite countertops in bathroom and small kitchen area which has a small microwave and refrigerator. Two nice pools and a modest workout facility.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank wildmangolfer
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I stayed here this past weekend and this is a very nice hotel. The breakfast is good but not great (they don't offer as many breakfast items as other Marriott hotels I've stayed in, the breakfast room is overcrowded, and the area where you got your food smelled). The hallways had a very fresh and relaxing scent to it along with the lobby and elevators (the best hotel scent I've ever smelled). The elevators were wooden on the inside and they were very nice. The rooms were very clean and they were big for a hotel room (they are suites). The layout was very nice and it was relaxing to come back to every night. The couch is not very comfortable but it will do. I will definitely stay at this hotel again and this is one of the best I've stayed in during my lifetime.

Room Tip: Request a room on a high floor and on the back side of the hotel. These rooms are the quietest and o...
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel! Our room was exceptionally clean and the staff was very kind and courteous. The location is excellent! I would most definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple