“Fabulous place!!”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pigeon Forge
Ranked #29 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I vacationed in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area for the first time in mid June. I had made reservations at another hotel and had planned to stay there. We arrived in Gatlinburg in the early evening and went to our hotel. I was completely horrified at the condition of the hotel room. I immediately checked out and went in search of another hotel. I am not overly picky, but I do have allergies to many things including dust and molds. I could not find another hotel room in the area that met my needs. As the night wore on and we had nowhere to stay, I began making phone calls to every hotel in the area. I eventually called SpringHill Suites in Pigeon Forge. The minute Kayla answered the phone, I was confident we had found a good hotel. She was so nice over the phone and offered to let us see the room before we checked in. She gave us great directions from where we were and was so compassionate to our situation. When we arrived, we were greeted with a huge smile and she checked us in quickly. The hotel was extremely clean and well maintained. The beds were comfortable and the decor was current and clean. The next morning we had a great complimentary breakfast in the lobby. There was a big selection of both hot and cold breakfast items. The staff kept the area well stocked and immediately cleaned up when a table was vacated. I needed some help with directions and wanted to get an opinion on some of the activities we were planning on going to. Romelyn was working that morning and she was great too. She gave us a bunch of pointers and advice and she was right on!! The hassle of booking a horrible hotel to start turned completely around when we hit SpringHill Suites. I can't say enough about the facility and staff. If we come back to this area, there is nowhere else I would want to stay.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

I only have positive things to say about this hotel. The hotel was extremely clean, employees were extremely helpful, breakfast was pretty good and the location is great. I would definitely stay here again if I were in the area.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Found the front desk staff and housekeeping crew very pleasant and polite. The hotel is centrally located and restaurants and attractions are nearby. Free breakfast was fine - your typical menu. Service was attentive and food was plentiful. Overall a good experience

Room Tip: Ask for down pillows - the foam are not confortable.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robert m
Reviewed 25 June 2013

1. The staff is very, very friendly and pleasant!
Ex. We asked for add'l towels and a staff member (maybe Dominick Stazzone, Exec. Housekeeper) handed them to us folded over both arms. Some might think nothing of this, but a simple gesture like this is always nice and appreciative.

2. The frontdesk staff (maybe Lori Van Price, Frt Office Mgr) ensured the guest's comfort come first.
Ex. A little league team was staying for a wknd tournament and they happened to be on our floor. This is generally not an issue but the players ran up and down the halls and slammed doors late into the evening when we were getting ready for bed. AND the parents were in the patio drinking and making noise. The staff resolved this quite quickly and peace prevailed!

Pros:
-Location: Close to many places yet off the main street
-Walking distance to many good restaurants (Bullfish is really good)
-Staff
-Large parking lot. Esp great if you have a p-up or pulling a trailer

Cons:
-Small family pool
-Breakfast buffet should have more healthy selections
-Fruit mix tasted quite "off". I think it's the large bagged "stuff"
-Can get busy esp. during tourist season
-Environmental control is old school. When it's on you can feel and hear it.

TIPS!:
-When going places consider Teaster Lane. It's not nearly as busy as Parkway.
-Consider your routes and think like a UPS driver: All right turns whenever possible.

2  Thank Chef D
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The reason I titled my review, unpleasantly surprised, is do to the fact, that they ran my debit card, 24 hours, before I checked out, and also, beware, they add a "incidental fee" of $60 to the total of your room, that also came out of my checking account. They assured me that after the housekeeping checked to see if our room was in good condition, and nothing taken, that they would refund the $60, but it would take 72 hours to get the refund. I stayed at a Marriott in Brandon, FL a few weeks ago, and this "incidental charge" was not on my card, although, the girl at the desk, said that all Marriott's are suppose to add it now.

Room Tip: We chose a "two queen suite" it had a sitting area, including a sofa, chair and coffee tab...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carol S
Joseph G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear Carol S,
I am so sorry to read about the trouble with the authorization on your debit card. Unfortunately, Debit cards must be authorized by our system on the day the guest arrives to ensure that there are the proper funds to cover the cost of the room and any addtional services. The hotel never actually charged your card until you left, but we did have to make sure the funds were available. Some hotels that do not offer additional services (such as an onsite market or valet dry cleaning services) and thus do not authorize additional money beyond the cost of the room. There are 2 signs posted on the front desk counter where you check in that specifically address the holds applied, but these can often be overlooked. I am going to make sure and coach my staff to better explain the holds and authorizations that guest can expect before they check-in.
I understand how frustrating this can be, I have had to wait for funds to be released on my card for hotel stays and rental cars in the past and it can be annoying to have to wait for money that you didn't spend to go back on your account. If ever this is an issue in the future, feel free to contact the hotel directly to see if they can assist. I can often contact your bank and get any additional money that was not charged released quicker by simply faxing in a letter and copy of the reciept.
The only comments that you left were in regard to the authoriztion on your card, I can only hope that you enjoyed our hotel and were provided excellent service by my team. If you did have any issues or if there is something more that I can help you with regarding the authorization, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. My contact information is below.
Also, be sure to contact me next time you are going to be in the area and I will personnally make sure you have a great stay.
Have a wonderful evening!

Joe Grieco

Reviewed 23 June 2013

The staff was very nice, checkin was easy, the room was clean and comfortable. WiFi worked good and was included with the room. Includes breakfast bar (scrambled eggs, waffles, cereal, sausage, fruits, etc). Convenient to most everything, near the Christmas shop. I would recommend this as a good place to stay. They have a pool, but we didn't check it out. A lot of families with kids.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear BigTWoodstock,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. The feedback from our guests is one of the best ways we can improve our property and the staff really enjoys hearing all the happy guests talk about their vacation with us.
Based on your comments it sounds as though you had a great time at on your vacation. I noticed that the 3 out of 5 rating on your review was mostly a result of the value category and I am sorry if you did not feel that you recieved a good value for the stay at our hotel. If there are any suggestions as to what we could do to have made your stay more enjoyable or a better value, please do not hesitate to contact me by phone or email. My contact information is below. We welcome the opportunity to use your feedback to improve our hotel and make it the best in the area.
I look forward to hearing from you and also hope that you do choose to stay with us on your next trip to Pigeon Forge.
Have a great day!

Joe Grieco

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Of all the Marriott properties in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area, this one has consistently been the best. However, on this particular stay, we did not have the best experience. The room was clean but it wasn't until we were settled in that we realized the air conditioner put out a strong musty smell. As it wasn't a particularly hot night, the problem was solved by keeping the air conditioner off the entire night, but still, it was a bummer.

On the positive side, the room was clean and despite super busy breakfast crowd, the staff was able to keep items well stocked. The outdoor pool is nice and features a small spiral waterslide. We mentioned the musty smell at time of check-out and "a notation was made in the maintenance logs" so hopefully the next guest won't have a problem.

The location of this hotel is excellent. Right in the middle of Pigeon Forge within easy walking distance to restaurants and attractions.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Joseph G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Adventure Traveler NC,
Thank you very much for posting your review of our property online. We value our guest opinions and are always looking for ways to improve. I will be sure to share this with our team at our next meeting.
I want to sincerely appologize for the musty smell coming from the air conditioning unit in your room. I assure you we have addressed the issue in the room you stayed in and are checking other rooms throughout the hotel to make sure this does not happen to any other guests. We pride ourselves on being the cleanest and friendliest hotel in the area and it appears that we fell short during your stay.
I am very grateful for all the other positive comments and I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We hope that you return to the area, stay with us again next time and give us another opportunity to make sure you have a wonderful vacation. Please feel free to contact me directly next time you are coming to Pigeon Forge and I will personally make sure everything is perfect with your stay.
Have a great day!