“Extremely Nice!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
West Milton, Ohio
“Extremely Nice!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

Extremely nice, rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is exceptional and the breakfast is one of the best that we have had at any Clarion Inn. I would highly recommend this hotel. We will only be staying with you from now on when we visit Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. Thanks for everything!!

Room Tip: I always book direct.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
Lithonia, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

My husband and I just returned from a spring break vacation in Pigeon Forge and really enjoyed the Clarion hotel. The hotel is in a great location and have many amenities. We really loved the free massage chairs after a long day of activities. The owner, manager (Tim) and staff were very pleasant and made our stay remarkable. I recommend this hotel to anyone that is searching for a nice hotel in this area.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BlessedAngel
Dallas, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

I'm the type of person who brings their own linens and cleaning supplies to stay in a hotel so when I say this play was clean you know it is! The bathroom had a great shiny new Kohler tub and clean granite on the vanity. The bedding and carpeting looked fresh and new as well. There were several different pools and hot tub options outside for the whole family. It was also walking distance to all kinds of eating places and other tourist trap type places. The free breakfast was much better than most continental breakfast offerings with someone who would make you omelets to order and a waffle making station as well as bacon, sausage,eggs, biscuits and gravy, doughnuts, fruit, cereal, tons of juice and drink options, etc. I would stay here again in a heartbeat even with my 14 month old who has to touch everything he sees:)

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Scott_Ellis, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dollywood Area, responded to this review, 3 May 2011
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a great review for our future guests! We know that having a clean room is a guest's #1 priority. Our staff strives to not only provide you with a clean room but an entirely spotless hotel. All of the Clarion's amenities were added to not only enhance your stay but with a guest's budget in mind.
Bad Axe, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2011

The location was perfect, within walking distance to many attractions. Breakfast was great, made to order omelette's. Exercise room was "awesome", TV on every machine making working out enjoyable. Nice to see general manager their each night, even with family. Very good customer focus.

Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Scott_Ellis, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dollywood Area, responded to this review, 1 May 2011
We do appreciate your compliments and thank you! As the new general manager I plan to carry on the manager's tradition of welcoming and talking to all of our guests. Customer satisfaction is very important. I have served this hotel for over a year as our sales and marketing manager realizing the positive impact that excellent customer service has on our guests. We have reached #1 in Pigeon Forge on Trip Advisor due to you our guest! The Clarion Inn staff will continue to welcome and serve each guest every day. Additionally our many amenities were chosen for our guests ranging from massage chairs, state of the art workout room, business center with printing and fax capabilities, and our indoor and outdoor swimming areas. We want to give you many choices not merely a couple options.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2011

If you are planning on going to pigeon forge, this is a great place to stay. The service is unbelievable. The manager/owner was there every day and was always greeting and checking on how things were going. The breakfast was amazing and they had evening snacks of yummy cookies. The facilities were great too. Definitely will be the place I stay from now on when I go to pigeon forge or gatlinburg.

• Stayed April 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the compliments. Great customer service is our #1 priority along with ensuring that our rooms are spotless for each guest at checkin. Myself and the entire crew want you our guest to feel right at home when you stay with us! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so we put extra care into what we serve as well as a wide variety including omelets or scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, fresh fruit and of course Krispy Kreme doughnuts for the sweet tooth. We are glad that you will be coming back and we will give you a big welcome upon your arrival!
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2011

We arrived at Pigeon Forge late in the afternoon and checked for room availabilty at the Clarion. The receptionist was very helpful in providing our room choice and recommendations for shows and dinner that we might still be able to get tickets for on short notice. The rooms were much nicer than we had experienced on several earlier stays in the area. Cost was reasonable considering this is a tourist destination. THe hot breakfast provided in the morning was complete and better than the standard fare at similar hotel chains.

Room Tip: Mention all travel clubs that you belong to.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TimTallent, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dollywood Area, responded to this review, 9 April 2011
Holy Cow, I mean, Wow! Wow! Wow! Thank you very, very much for all the compliments regarding Clarion Inn - Pigeon Forge. The responses have been just out of this world and overwhelming. We all were almost challenged in keeping up. We have maintained and held the line, an old service term we used to use when I was in the service, which sometimes to me feels just like yesterday.

If you want a room at Clarion Inn - Pigeon Forge, the newest and hottest resort-hotel in the Smokies, you better go ahead and book it so we can charge and rent it right now or you will not be able to get one. They are flying like hotcakes and we could have never expected a overwhelming response such as this.

That is something to be proud of, something you can hang your hat on, like a new born baby crying in the arms of the woman that you love in the words of Montgomery Gentry, a country band I love to listen as they sing about independence, freedom, patriotism and things to be proud of like winning the 2011 Traveler's Choice Award and being recognized as one of the top-ranked hotels in the Choice Brand in the world, if not already the #1 ranked hotel in the world. That's something to be proud of .

Thank you to our co-owners, The Clarion Crew staff, Trip Advisor and everyone involved in us becoming #1 in the area we do best, providing excellent guest services, not gouging the guests in the room rate and finding out what our guests really want :-). Service, service, service, service, service, service and a lil' more service provided from us to you. Thank you again, Mr and Mrs Guest of Clarion Inn - Pigeon Forge.
Stratford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2011

What a surprise! I have stayed at may hotels, but Clarion is the surprise hit of our vacation. We rented a cabin and noticed the inviting water slide and pool. I had stayed at Clarions before, and knew they were about value, not about amenities, so I was skeptical. I went into the lobby and was very impressed with what I saw. This was not what I was used to from Clarion. This was more in line with my favorite resort chain, Marriott Corp. From the colors of the carpet, to the piano, to the fieldstone fireplace to the amazing breakfast! Not to mention the message chairs, the fire pit, the lazy river pool and the indoor pool. The beds were enveloping and were some of the most comfortable beds I have slept in in quite a while.

This Clarion is on par with hotels priced hundreds more per night. It makes traveling to Pigeon Forge more affordable and more enjoyable than renting a cabin. The next time we visit Pigeon Forge, we will definitely make this our destiniation.

It was really all the subtle amenities that really caught my eye. The iPads were a big hit with my three children and the attentiveness of the staff was overwhelming.

This is an awesome hotel and was a wonderful experience. The bathrooms were a wonderful surprise as well. Separate toilet closet as well! Wooden sink! Marble tops! How about the flat screen TV and the beautiful furniture!!

Our host treated us as if he were the owner of the Clarion Chain himself!! Hats off to Tim Tallent and his whole staff. I've stayed at JW Marriotts and this hotel is reminisecnt of that brand.

If I were Clarion Hotels, I would use this hotel as the benchmark for all hotels they build in the future. New franchisees should be flown to this location and shown how to build a great hotel. This hotel has made me consider Clarion again, especially if they continue to improve their properties and impress as this property has done.

I would use this hotel as the gold standard in the Clarion Chain.

Room Tip: Book online or in person.
Stayed April 2011, travelled with family