“Very impressive!”

Clarion Inn Dollywood Area
Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My friends and family had an unbelievable stay! We are very picky when it comes to hotels and we were impressed. We will for sure stay here again. The service was top notch, the breakfast was very good, the rooms were very clean. The pool was great, the water slide was nice also.

1  Thank kevinj1973
Scott_Ellis, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dollywood Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Our staff is very appreciative to your kind words and the breakfast, pools, slide, and how clean we like to keep everything is always a big hit with families. Clean, comfortable, and a good breakfast is all a guest ever ask for most of the time and we believe they deserve it. We hope that every stay with us is better than the last here at your Home away from Home. Please come back to visit soon as we look forward to serving you.

Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

Great value and location to attractions, places to eat, etc cannot be beat. Loved the full breakfast. The breakfast staff were all super friendly and the omelettes were delicious! Cleanliness is always our #1 priority in a hotel and this one hit the spot. Loved the balcony and the outdoor patio area. My kids loved the water slide and hot tubs. This is my children's's new favorite place to stay! We will be back!

1  Thank riverratfamily

We are glad that we were a hit with the family and yes we pamper the kids but we pamper mom and dad too! We have the slide out at the pool and lazy river for the kids, the Ipads on the walls for the kids, the snow cones in the afternoon in the summer time by the pool for the kids(and dad), and those wonderful Krispy Kreme donuts at breakfast for the kids(and dad). But, we also have the complimentary massage chairs for Mom and Dad, the Spa and its WONDERFUL services for Mom and Dad, the mini library for the whole family, great savings at the front desk to shows and attraction for Mom and Dad, and a clean and comfortable stay for the whole family. We look forward to seeing you for your family on your next stay.

Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice hotel at a reasonable rate. The room was clean and comfortable and the location is very good. We stayed over the Memorial Day weekend and we expected some glitches such as breakfast issues but we were pleasantly surprised that everything was first class. The staff were friendly and available to help with anything you would need. We will definitely stay here again!

1  Thank Independencesue
Scott_Ellis, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dollywood Area, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thank You for the review and noticing what we have as compared to most hotels and what you get for the rate. We have always tried to give the customer the most amount of services and amenities for the price. If you look at the next review there is always the competitors friends and/or customers that no matter what you do , you just can't please them. They are too obvious at what they attempt to do by brining the reputation of our services and amenities down. But, as you can see, that 94.1% of all of our other 5 star rated customers have said here.... what we do and have for our customers is always built with the best customer service possible to back it. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you real soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

This hotel is fairly new. It is located just off of the Parkway. It is also located next door to a Harley Davidson location. We had room 616 - end room closest to the HD location, a major intersection and the pool. I actually heard people screaming and laughing in the pool until after midnight all three nights of our stay. Very loud motorcycles driving by and leaving out from the restaurants located adjacent to the HD location - until past midnight. We tried to open our door to enjoy our balcony, but closed it not long after, because the noise was just too much. We have always had a peaceful location when we visited the area, prior to this stay. Now, let me say - the staff and manager are extremely friendly and the breakfast is above average. But, due to the noisiness of this location, we do not plan on returning.

Room Tip: If someone was going to stay here, I would definitely request a room at the opposite corner of #616.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MMRDalton_Georgia
Scott_Ellis, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dollywood Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

It is obvious by your review, what you said, and also what you said at the front desk of our hotel that you are a great Christmas Inn fan. Please tell all the Christmas Inn fans that stay there and then come over here and purposely give us three stars which all our other customers can plainly see that all the Christmas Inn guests that purposely target us always put 3 star, no matter what they say or how nice their stay. What I don't understand, is that if you felt you were in a noisy room then why didn't you asked to be moved. We know your Christmas Inn isn't number 1 anymore but it's all about customer service, including price and amenities and service. We are sorry we don't meet your expectations and you didn't think to ask for a room change or put the air conditioner fan on rather than auto in order to have a steady sound because our rooms are so quite that you can sometimes here the outside noises rather than any noises in the hotel. Everyone has a favorite hotel for different reasons including A Clarion Inn or a Christmas Inn. There are too many customers that would highly disagree with you but that's O.K., people have their favorite hotel to stay at and you should stick with that....

Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

This was our first stay and we will be back!! The hotel was very clean and family friendly. The breakfast was better than most complimentary breakfasts that I've had. Full service with a variety of meats, fruit, yogurt, and eggs. Complementary cookies and popcorn at night. Indoor pool was nice. Staff very friendly and made sure that you were happy with your stay. We were very pleased with the accommodations and will return again! Well done Clarion! We typically stay at Hilton hotels but you guys have made us want to return to you in the Fall!!!

1  Thank Braydensmommy

Thank You for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. The location is central to Pigeon Forge but not on the main drag so you have to know where we are when coming to stay. The great thing about our location which first time guest don't realize is that we are convenient to Waldens Landing which has 4 restaurants, retail shops, a 5 plex movie threater, and an 18 hole putt putt corse. There is also easy access crossing over the parkway in order to get to Dollywood easier. the maps at the front desk always help our travelors' when navigating around town. We always have Something for everyone and look forward to seeing you in your Home away from Home here in the Mountains of East Tennessee

Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed here for our 8th grade school trip and it was awesome. Jon (Assistant General Manager) worked with me every step of the way - answering my billion questions before arrival! Upon arrival, we were greeted by friendly staff members who had the check-in process down to a tee. The rooms are terrific and spacious. Breakfast had something for everyone. The kids loved the swimming area and I think a few of us were able to relax in the massage chairs.

I would highly recommend this property.

Many thanks to Jon and his staff for accommodating our group. I think it's safe to say that we all enjoyed ourselves!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Scott_Ellis, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dollywood Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Thank You for all the compliments and comments on the hotel and its staff. Jon (Asst. GM) has been in the tour and travel industry for more than a decade and has the best packages and programs put together for any type of group, tour or motor coach operator out there. This has been one of the many comments from our groups about their stay and what they have done while being guests at our hotel. Just as we have many amenities and services here at the hotel, Jon has many itineraries' and activities to choose from in planning your groups' visit or trip to the Smokey Mountains & Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Thank You for choosing us and making us your Choice Hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 23 May 2013

The old saying says you never get a second chance to make a first impression. I had a difficult drive to get to the hotel and after arriving at 2am all I wanted to do was check in and get to bed. After I arrived the front desk person took a phone call. She never put the person on hold, she talked for well over ten minutes. If I had not reserved with my card, I would have left. Adding insult to injury, it took less than a minute to check me in. If she would have just told the person to hold for a one minute, she could have had me on my way. Bad way to start out, but the negatives of this stay are few. The hotel has a smell in the common areas, kind of like a nursing home or health care facility, not an inviting warm aroma. However, your room does not have the same smell.

The outside is nice, and it is right off the strip, the description from Clarion's website makes you think it is way off from everything, no. You are in walking distance of the trolley and plenty of main attractions. The room was fairly nice. There was a some mold in the shower, it is not my favorite, but it happens. I think there was a leak over the toilet which creeped me out...I wonder where the water was coming from...ewww.

The people who man the breakfast station are nice. I came in late for breakfast and he offered to make me an omelet. They do not put up the breakfast food until you are finished, which is nice. Another service highlight is when my son who is autistic lost a toy under a piece of furniture, he was hysterical to say the least.I asked a staff member to help me and he was able to save the day. One more cool thing was I put the do not disturb sign out, and I got a package at my door filled with clean towels, paper products,etc.. I was so impressed by this because anywhere else, whether more costly or less, I have to beg for towels. That helped to tip this review in their favor.The overall service is not the dripping sweet knock your socks off that you typically get in the area, but it was adequate.

This place is a good location, has some cool amenities, and a decent value for the money, despite the minor issues I had, I would recommend this location.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MamaJ76

Thank You for your review and for staying with us. We have addressed the situation at the front desk and we are sorry for your inconvenience. The dripping sound in the room has been addressed too and it is not a drip but the vent flaps that get caught when the wind goes through the stack. There is felt being put on those so they don't make a flapping sound. We address everything about a customers stay and want you to return. We hope to see you again and that your next stay is better than the last.