“One of the best place to stay”

Clarion Inn Dollywood Area
Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I enjoyed staying at this hotel. It is centrally located. The service there was great. I will stay there again. The room was very clean and the Breakfast was so good. Also enjoyed the exercise room, it was great.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kris1149
Ian V, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dollywood Area, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear kris1149, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do appricate your business and the entire staff takes great pride in providing superior service to our guests. Please keep us in mind for your next visit to Pigeon Forge!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here to take our kids to Dollywood. This hotel was by far the best we stayed at on our entire vacation. The hotel is very clean and has several pools (indoor and outdoor) for the adults and kids. Our room was spacious with a high ceiling and was very clean. The hot breakfast was very good and they even had a chef there to cook you an omlet. I would stay here again the next time I need a hotel in Pigeon Forge. The few people who left bad reviews for this place have to be a bunch of "baby, boo wha, whiners" as we thought it was awsome. I'd reccomend it to anyone staying in Pigeon Forge and I now understand why it is the #1 trip advisor reccomended place in Pigeon Forge.

1  Thank Jeff B
Ian V, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dollywood Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Jeff B, Thank you for taking time to post a review on Trip Advisor, we do appreciate your opinion and any suggestions on what we can do to improve our service. We do have one of the best free breakfasts I have ever seen ay any hotel I have stayed at. Thanks again and keep us in mind for your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Best breakfast in town. Room was neat, clean, and comfortable. They have great coupons for area attractions as well! Staff were friendly and attentive to our needs. We stay here every summer and it met our expectations again!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I came here for our 1st anniversary and always try to get back every time we come to the Smokies. This hotel is centrally located on the parkway in PF and convenient to everything. The rooms are still new, clean, and well kept. There is usually a social hour in the evening with popcorn and cookies and other goodies. The pool area and hot tub area is nice and clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tanisha L
Reviewed 1 August 2014

After a wonderful night's rest, you will find the breakfast to be just what you are looking for. How about an omelet (made to order), bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, gravy, biscuits, bagels, muffins, donuts, cereal. Then you may want to make yourself a waffle, or try a cup of fresh cut fruit, or some yogurt. Then there's the flavored coffees, milk, and for the young, or young at heart, even chocolate milk. Of course you will find jams, jellies, even peanut butter. Sounds like a great restaurant, but it is all found at the Clarion Inn. You will love this place!

Room Tip: We like the rooms facing the front (East side). Those rooms have balconies.
6  Thank Joe M
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed here from 7/21/14-7/25/14 based on the reviews on trip advisor. I am glad to say that the hotel is very nice and lives up to the reviews. The hotel is relatively new and the room we had was nicely furnished and had a modern look to it which we like and a balcony to sit out on. We were on the top floor and had a nice view of the mountains.

We had no issues with checking in or out, was able to purchase discount tickets for attractions with ease and the staff was very friendly. The maid always left a bag of clean towels and toiletries for us on our door since we did not have them change the sheets every day. Never had to ask for a clean towel or soap. The rooms and hotel overall was very clean.

Some of the nice things as others have said were the fresh cookies and popcorn in the early evening, an indoor and outdoor pool, lazy river, slide (which my son loved) and 2 hot tubs plus it is open late.

The only minor complaint that I had was I felt the breakfast was not as good as it could have been. They did have a nice selection of food: eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, waffles, sausage and egg biscuits, juices, fruit, etc. They even had a guy fixing omelets to order which was great; however, he needs to learn how to make an omelet. Mine was more like an egg taco. All of the ingredients were inside the folded omelet and just fell out. I prefer the ingredients to be mixed into the egg. It tasted fine but just clunky to eat. The day we ate the scrambled eggs were a bit on the watery side. There was too much liquid in the bottom of the pan for my liking. Also, overall the hot items weren't overly hot. I know to some degree this is due to the fact there are so many people going thru the line and pulling the lid off or not putting the lid back on properly that it lets out most of the heat. If there was a way to improve the containers the food was in it would help.

Again, that was my only real complaint about the hotel as everything else was great. It's close to many attractions some within walking distance and situated somewhat in the middle of the strip. If we were to come back to Pigeon Forge, I would definitely stay here again despite the lukewarm breakfast!

5  Thank Crispy68
Reviewed 28 July 2014

When I arrived, the gentleman, believe named Ian came right over to help me, the room wasn't ready so I asked him if I could lay by the pool, he said that was fine. Shorty afterwards, he came outside with my keys and told me my room was ready. The room was very clean, spacious and had alot of amenities for the price. The breakfast was awesome, such things as waffles, omelets, yogurt, granola, cereal, 3 or 4 kinds of juice. Then in the evening they had popcorn and homemade cookies. All throughout my stay, there was coffee and during the day juice and water. The hotel is located in the mist of everything, but off the road enough to where you can sit on the balcony or in the rockers out front and seems like time stands still. This is my 2nd time staying here and I hope to stay here more !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business