“Unmatched Scenery, outstanding course conditions”

Gatlinburg Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Gatlinburg Golf Course is open year-round with modern facilities, fully equipped pro shop and food services area. This beautiful 18-hole course was designed by noted golf course architect William Langford. In 1993 and again in 2007, it underwent major renovations by Bob Cupp & Associates of Atlanta.

Today, the completely rebuilt greens and reworked fairways are better than ever. The course offers the well-seasoned golfer as well as the beginner a challenge on every hole, while its scenic beauty is unsurpassed.

The course has been acclaimed as one of the most picturesque courses in America with breathtaking views of the Great Smoky Mountains. Located just five miles from downtown Gatlinburg, the course lies adjacent to Dollywood. Convention and group outings are welcome. Call us – we'll have a tee time waiting for you!

Play our legendary #12, affectionately known as "Sky Hi." It's 194 yards in length and drops 200 feet, tee to green, making it one of the most dramatic holes in the country. The #3, 529-yard par 5 we call "Long Lane," and for good reason!

And #17, a 231-yard par 3, offers little in the way of forgiveness. All together, it’s 6,281 yards of challenge and fun.
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I had played this course 2 or 3 times in the past; it had been close to 10 years since my last visit. The course has always been extremely scenic, providing mountain views that just are not found elsewhere. In the past, I had thought that the course conditioning was average. Driving past the golf course during my recent visit, I noticed that the course appeared to be in much better condition than in the past. So, when an opportunity for a round of golf came during my visit, I didn't hesitate to give Gatlinburg GC another try. The course truly was in great shape. It was very obvious that course Management has invested considerable money into the improvement of course conditions - from basic turf and green surface conditions to improvements in cart paths and other aesthetic course elements. Adding these improvements to the existing scenery produced an extremely enjoyable round. The course also provides an excellent example that a course does not need to be 7000+ yards to provide a nice challenge. Given the considerable investment and improvements, I would not hesitate playing the course again

1  Thank Bill B

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I am a novice golfer, but my husband has been playing for many years. Our 13 year old plays often and our 8 year old is beginning to enjoy the game as well. So we have a variety of experiences in this areal. Both boys, when asked to describe their experience here was “Awesome”. We only played 9 holes, so we did not get to play the infamous #12. That was unfortunate (based on my husband’s opinion) because it is the most beautiful and challenging hole he has seen on any course. All of us thoroughly enjoyed playing this course. We will definitely play it again when we are in the area. It had rained the day before, so carts had to stay on the path until it reached 90 degrees. Thankfully it finally did. There’s a lot of walking in golf, but this course, with all the hills and valleys is an especially difficult walk.

1  Thank G b
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The course is worth playing if for nothing more than playing #12. Opening shot on #1 if hit well will make you feel like a pro...down hill all the way and 200 yards out it drops again giving a good drive just the kick it needs. After the opening drive the front nine is tame enough, pretty much standard municipal fare..just don't go long on #5.

The back is where the fun begins....#10 narrows severely after the drive so much so that an ill placed first shot leads to an impossible second. #12 is vertigo territory- as is the cart ride from t to green. Other holes are narrow with minimal landing area. This nine is not the course if your a bit wild off the tee or your second shot. Rough isn't the problem it's finding your ball. Hint ( I wouldn't even bother to look)

This isn't golf at its finest but the experience is fun.

1  Thank GV27OCMD
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My husband and I went to play with our 4 year old son. Standing on the first tee, we were chased down by staff and told our son wasn't allowed on the course. Great way to teach the love of the game. He was in tears and so was I.

3  Thank TeacherJenn1
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Lots of hills. Shot making is key. Not particularly difficult because hills funnel towards the fairway on most holes.

2  Thank Mike K