“Terrible waste of money”

American Oldies Show - Country Tonite Theatre
Kildeer, Illinois
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Terrible waste of money”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

When one goes to see a show that is billed as a 50's 60's 70's and 80's Oldies show, that is what I expect to see and hear. That was NOT what we heard. First of all, there was NO band, NO dancers, NO background singers, etc.

There is a woman MC that also sings and plays a few saxophone numbers, and an elderly gentleman that stands behind what looks to be a large "box" of some sort that seems to hold their C.D. player/sound system. Then there were a few individuals that came out to sing a few numbers. The Elvis impersonator was very good, but the 15 year old girl they billed as some sort of up and coming superstar was atrocious. They took this little girl that LOOKED like a little girl, gave her a bunch of makeup and adult clothing, and then had her sing, in a voice that I judged to be very amateurish. There were a few other singers that did have good voices, but........

MOST of the songs they sang were Gospel music!!!!!! I have nothing against Gospel music, but when I go to a Oldies type show, there are 2 things I do NOT expect to hear; one is Rap and the other is Gospel! One of the singers even said that one of the Gospel tunes he sang was one he recently wrote! Duh!!!! At an Oldies show? I guess the reason for this is that they were there to get people to buy their Gospel C.D.'s!

Significantly less than half of the tunes were oldies. What's more, since there were no background singers or accompanying instruments, what we actually got was essentially Karaoke session!!!!!! Terrible, terrible show. I feel like we were "cheated"!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank peter w

Burlington, Kentucky
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fun for family”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

No dirty jokes and such. Patty's show is fun. We've been twice on our Pigeon Forge visits. The children will love it Not every show can have big bucks budget. They get by though.
Hospitality is way above average.

Visited December 2012
State College
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Ron W”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This is a very entertaining show. The host, Patty Waszak, is a very talented singer and musician (Patty plays about 50+ instruments). Patty and J C, also a talented singer, are there for each performance. The other entertainers vary from show to show like the Grand Ole Opry does. The other entertainers are greatly talented. This show has audience participation, good music, and good clean humor.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ronald W
Tuscaloosa
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Average”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Fare entertainment you might like it more than I did though so you can visit it for yourself to find out more about it.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Traveling_wonder_53
birmingham.ala
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Greg Johnson the Most Entertaining Tribute Artist we have seen.”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We saw the Most Entertaining Elvis Artist we have ever seen.Greg Johnson is one of the most sought after performer.And a must to see and hear.His increditable voice was haunting.I even got a scarf and kiss.My husband is now a big fan.Nancy and Bill from Burmingham, Ala.

Visited October 2012