“Great Hotel”

and 1 more site!
Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge
Ranked #58 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The rooms were very clean and I was very impressed with how large the rooms were. The only thing that keeps me from giving it 5 stars is that the carpets needed cleaning other than that I was very pleased. Would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
SmokiesLodge, Public Relations Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Me and my wife brought down our two daughters and saw he prices online with a kitchen and thought wow we'll save a lot if money on just lodging. Our first impression was actually really good. Once we are all unpacked we realized carpet was all stained which understandable for hotel carpet so no biggie ... After relaxing and everyone taking about a 3 hour nap from the car ride we all got up and went to have a easy cheap dinner. We get back and the remote doesn't work for the tv so we had to wait till the next day for a new remote which sucked. Also the tv channels they say they have is a lie, we had maybe 10 channels work and half of them were news. With kids it would have been nice to have cartoons which they list on there channels buts that channel doesn't exist. Well after a day of terrible channels and nothing with watching we decided to use there wireless internet they claim to have. Haha let me tell u, if I want to use u better be prepared to either sit in the bathroom or right by ur door cause if you move 2 feet from the door ur signal is lost, very frustrating. I also hope you like stiff beds, my back has never hurt so much after our 3 day stay. All in all not one thing worked that they advertised. I am not and will not stay here anymore nor would I recommend this hotel to someone else, spend the extra 100 dollars and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank Brand129
SmokiesLodge, Public Relations Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our goal here is to provide southern hospitality and a wonderful visit for all of our guests. We strive to address all issues that will come up from time to time, but we are unable to fix a problem unless we are told about it and given a chance to correct the issue. To comment on some of your remarks, we would just say that we did have an issue with our Internet when you were here for your visit. We have since changed to Charter (from Earthlink), and we are very pleased with the upgrade. Most of the time when a remote does not work, it is because someone has removed the batteries, or a table tent has inadvertently been placed in front of the TV sensor. Our maintenance staff would have been happy to check it out for you as soon as you realized there was a problem (and provide new batteries if applicable). You did not have to wait until the next day. When the TV channels are not all being received, it is generally because there has been a power surge. Our maintenance staff then unplugs and replugs the TV, and it reboots. Again, if you had just notified the front desk, we would have been more than happy to have maintenance address the issue immediately for your convenience. Once again, we are sorry you were not happy with your stay.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I am 45 and have traveled and stayed MANY places but this is the WORST misrepresented dive I have ever stayed!!!!!!!!!! They make you think it is a Condo Lodge but OMG the exact opposite. They charge $80 plus all the taxes for nothing more than a cheap motel room! The walls were as thin as a sheet of paper, not exaggerating either. A/C didn't work. When I told the little twit at the front desk when we checked out, she said "I can't help how thin the walls are!" I said then discount our stay! She gave 10% which was a total insult. She said, you should have called and complained and I said, why? when people are on vacation they should be able to laugh and have fun not tip toe around because EVERYONE can hear you. I asked to speak to the Mgr. but of course he was unavailable but I WILL NOT stop until I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! I hung around outside and told people before they went in what to expect because I wish someone had done the same for me so I hadn't wasted my hard earned money. This place is not worth more than $40 a night at best. They have a smell in the hallways that smells like a combo of cigarette smoke, pine sol and moth balls and a hint of bleach, just disgusting!!!!! Also, every time you turn over in the bed, it squeaks LOUDLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3  Thank YvonneandTony G

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is our goal that all of our guests would have a wonderful visit here. We can address several of your issues with you: The General Manager and I personally examined the room that you stayed in. We did not detect any strange smell in the hallways and are not sure to what you are referring. When we checked the A/C, it worked fine. In fact, we couldn't leave it on for very long as we checked out the room because it was too chilly. The bed did have a squeaky sound when you initially sit on it, but not after that. We could not determine what was causing that. However, as I stated, once we sat down there was not a sound when we moved from side to side. I'm sorry that the G.M. was not available when you were checking out. He works very long hours, but obviously he is not here 24/7. The desk clerks have the authority to offer a 10% discount if they see that you have been inconvenienced. Obviously, you don't feel that that was satisfactory. All that we ask of our guests is that they would give us an opportunity to make issues right. If we can't, then we will issue a refund. We can't "fix" the situation if we are only told about it at check-out. Although you checked in at 10:45 am (over four hours before standard check-in time!), we show no record that you called or came down after check-in to either check-out or be moved to another room. Again, we apologize that you were not happy with your stay. We strive to make this property a home away from home.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Have stayed here many times. Well worth the money considering room size. Location is good. Looks like new outdoor pool will be a plus. But please do something about your bathroom linens. Those aren't towels they're pieces of cheese cloth.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank jas114

Thank you for your comments. We do have brand new towels in circulation. If any guest is not satisfied with their towel set, we are more than thrilled to send another set up to you immediately and for your pleasure and convenience.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

we decided to go this weekend on spur of the moment and started to check in. we were charged $119.99 for a room for 1 night. We joked with the lady about giving us a discount because we were just up there 2 weeks prior and stayed the whole weekend, she told us if we had made a reservation 2 weeks ago we could have gotten the room for $69.99 because we were repeat customers. I have to make a reservation 2 weeks in advance to get rewarded for staying there for several years?? Then we go to take showers this morning before we left and the hot water was luke warm. I nearly froze before I could get out of the shower. When we checked out I reported this to the front desk and she said she would report it to maintenance, then she said she was sorry it happened. He paid $135 (taxes, fee's, etc.) for a room for 1 night, was told he had to book 2 weeks in advance to get a loyalty discount rate, and took a luke warm shower instead of a hot one and all we got was " I'm sorry"??!! We have sent over 30 people to stay there over the last 3 years alone, we won't being doing that any more. We're looking for somewhere else to stay.

6  Thank christina s

We apologize that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. I understand that the General Manager called you, addressed your issues and that you were satisfied with the resolution. We did not have any record of anyone else having "luke warm" water that morning. The water heaters for the property are on the main level, and you were staying on the 4th floor. It does take a few minutes for the hot water to arrive to your room. I'm sure that it would have done so. I'm also sorry that you misunderstood the clerk about receiving the repeat customer discount if you had called earlier. In general, we do not offer a repeat customer discount simply because our rates are normally so extremely competitive for all of our guests. She simply was letting you know that the rates for those dates had originally been much lower, but had been raised due to other circumstances. Similar to airlines, our prices do vary based on availability (which constantly changes) and a handful of other factors. Again, we appreciate your business and hope that you will visit with us again soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

In all fairness, I can't speak to the quality of the hotel itself or the regular staff. THey may both be great. Our plans and finances changed at the last minute and we were not actually able to make the trip. I called the morning of the day we were scheduled to arrive and asked to cancel our room. I also asked if they still had additional rooms available. They did so I know they weren't sold out and that our reservation wasn't going to be costing them any money. I spoke with a gentleman (using the term just for politeness sake) with an accent who said he was the manager. He said that he could be 'lenient' and only charge us for half the room. I told him I did not give him authorization to charge anything because we would not be staying there. He said that I was more than welcome to take it up with my bank, but he was still going to charge me. VEry rude. THere are better hotels in the area. don't make a reservation here.

2  Thank bigg_alw
SmokiesLodge, Public Relations Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

We would like to address a few points.
1.) If you go to the Reservations page of our website all of our policies are posted to be reviewed before you click on the link to actually make a reservation. The first one listed is our policy of a 48-hr cancel.
2.) The reviewer waited until 11am on day of arrival to cancel and admitted it was not an emergency, but just a change of plans. Since his reservation was made on Oct. 23rd and cancelled on Nov. 8th he had time to cancel it before his day of arrival.
3.) As the reviewer pointed out he has never been to our property, and so he is in no position to offer advice not to stay here.
4.) Although policy states the 1st night stay will be charged for "no shows" the Gen. Manager said he would only charge half.
5.) The Gen. Manager, who moved here from South America 12 years ago, does have an accent, but I fail to see what that has to do with any points in the review. It comes across as very offensive.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We went to hotel as group and my experience was a good one.The hotel staff was courteous and helpful. I called to the front desk about my shower not working and they immediately took care of the problem. The room was clean and the housekeeping staff was very helpful. They only have two elevator which is nt sufficient with a large crowd,but we managed to get to our rooms in a timely manner.The heat and air conditioner set at one temperature and I was unable to cool my room to my desired temperature. I could have asked the staff about this but I didnot.I am sure they would have taken care of it.This was a liesure trip ,I didnot like the pool area as it did not look clean so I did not get in it.My overall experience at The spirit of the Smokies was a good one. The location of the hotel is in walking distance of variety of attractions. The trolley comes within a few feet of the hotel and you can ride it for 50cent to a dollar. We were given meal ticket for breakfast and dinner at the Wood Grill which is next door to the hotel. The dinner buffet was great but breakfast was just okay.

Room Tip: Ask for a king room with whirlpool tub or a room with a fireplace for a room