“Thin Walls led to an interesting night.”

Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge
Ranked #57 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The staff was nice, The overall facility was nice It was clean. Walls like paper. At about 10:00 p.m. I heard the door next to us close. I then heard the phone call they made and then we listened to the honeymoon next door until 3:00 a.m. The last thing that I heard was what sounded like a lamp or person hit the floor. This was after the headboard sounded like it was coming thru the wall. We probably should have complained but I did have some memory of a honeymoon. We have stayed in many hotels and motels. We ride a motorcycle so we have stopped sometimes on the spur of the moment and stayed in some old motels but I have never experienced walls this thin before. I guess for the price we paid it wasn't too bad but if I stay there again I will wear my nascar earplugs.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jeanWV
SmokiesLodge, Front Office Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

We are a little confused that you stayed a year ago last June, and are only now writing about your experience. We are very sorry to hear that your experience was clearly well below satisfactory. This is unacceptable to us; that being said, we investigated, targeted, and corrected an issue with lack of insulation in some specific rooms. That issue has been addressed though extra insulation, sound dampening panels, and gasket stripping on the connecting doors. We encourage you to stay again with us, and thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Service was good for the most part, good location in pigeon forge, but I thought this place had been recently renovated but I couldn't tell. Stains on the towels, sheets, box springs, chair, and floor. Plus no laundry facility or breakfast, we were sent to the restaurant in the same parking lot which I wouldn't recommend, it's a buffet with way too much going on and undercooked food, I got food poisoning after only two hours after being in pigeon forge needless to say was not fun.

• Stayed: May 2014
SmokiesLodge, Public Relations Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our high customer service and convenient location, but are sorry to hear you were not pleased with our accommodations. If there is ever the slightest issue with a room, we ask that you notify us immediately, that we might put you back on track to having a perfect, pleasant stay with us. Many guests take advantage of our exclusive discounts to the Wood Grill Buffet, one of the busiest restaurants in town for their large breakfast buffet. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not satisfactory with them, though we can assure you that they take every proper health precaution extremely seriously, and constantly test and ensure their foods stay at the correct and safe temperatures. It is in their highest interest, along with the interest of the customer, and invest a great deal of time ensuring healthy, tasty, high quality food.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Our room was clean, comfy and roomy. Beds were outstanding and not typical of most hotel beds. Location makes it awesome and so easy to get in and out of whether you are going to the parkway or want to avoid it and take the back roads. Easy access to both. We will definitely be staying here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Justhorsey
SmokiesLodge, Public Relations Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for your response. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location. You're absolutely right. Being located right on the parkway, but connecting to the beginning of Teaster Lane makes moving around the area very easy. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel, we stayed there back in September & had a very enjoyable experience so decided to come back in May.
We have a one year old baby girl so cleanliness is a huge issue, this hotel is super clean, smells nice, very roomy, the pool has a nice slide & a kiddie pool as well as a bigger pool, it's extremely nice, the pool area was brand new, love the arcade area they have a good selection of games great for a family. The staff was very nice and friendly & helped with anything we needed. Overall the stay was amazing & we will be going here again, so if you have a family & want value & a nice hotel with a lot of fun things to do go here! Can't wait to go back! (:

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank BeccaHicks
SmokiesLodge, Public Relations Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you so much for your comments. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay again, and we look forward to future visits from you. We do strive to have the best value in town, the highest quality room at the lowest rates.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

After cancelling reservations at a "dump of a motel" (mountain melodies)' we ended up here. My son and I checked out two rooms and went with a queen/sleeper sofa/ fireplace/kitchen room. Our view is of the wax museum (which my son LOVES). the mattress had to be replaced on the sofa bcuz it had come completely apart. No biggie there ! There are minor things in need of fixing. The worst things about this place (not really bad though) are the fact that the arcade games keep your money and you into get to play, the indoor pool not always HEATED, and that's about it...... The front desk staff (arrival) was more than super nice !!!! Maintenance guy was also !!!!! We will definitely return soon !!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room above second floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RACEDIVA07
SmokiesLodge, Public Relations Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for your comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our brand-new pool area has the highest level of technology for constantly assessing PH levels, temperature, etc. We keep it permanently set at 85 degrees. Our staff checks it every morning to confirm the temperature as well. As the room enclosing the pool is at 82 degrees, we are wondering if perhaps you didn't feel a drastic difference between the temperatures, and thus, didn't feel as heated?? Again, thank you for your comments and we eagerly anticipate your return visit.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

My husband and I decided to take a trip to Pigeon Forge for our 16th anniversary. I can say that we will never forget this trip. We decided to stay at Spirit of the Smokies due to the price, and outward appearance. The motel looks nice on the inside and out, obviously due to a recent remodel. When we first went to the room it smelled of cigarette smoke. The lady at the front desk sent up maintenance to spray the room. We left shortly after due the combination being overwhelming. When we returned later the room still smelled like smoke, and I asked the lady at the desk to put on our account that we were not the smokers. She sent maintenance to spray again. I went out onto the balcony and had the door open to air out the room. While one the balcony, I had a horrible view. Our room was on the second floor right above the covered unloading area. So all we were able to see was the graveled roof. I understand that this is part of the hotel, and could overlook that, but there was so much trash on it from other guest throwing trash out of their rooms, and should have been cleaned off. After leaving the door open for an hour or so, the room got bearable. That night I noticed a few ants in the bathroom, but wasn't too worried, they were in the bathroom, and not too many. When I took a shower the next morning, the water flow out of the tub was very slow causing the water to back up in the shower. Couldn't tell whether I was supposed to be taking a shower or a bath. Ok, I could overlook this. We left for the day,and later that night thought I would use the jacuzzi, but there wasn't a lamp on that side of the room, so I moved the lamp from the other side of the bed. When I plugged it in, ants went scattering. I could overlook ants in the bathroom, but not on the night stand beside the bed. I went and talked to the lady at the front desk, and she sent maintenance up. He was going to spray raid. After all we had gone through the previous day, I did not want the room to smell like bug spray. So he proceeded to squash the ants on the nightstand and wall with his fingers and left the bodies. I was about to just suck it up, but then there were ants in the jacuzzi. So we went to talk to the lady at the front desk, and she told us that we would most likely not get any refund for the night because it was late. Not sure why that was our fault. She offered us a queen room, we went and looked, but the walls were so thin that we could hear the families in the rooms on either side of us. My husband went to return the key for the queen room. I went back to our room, sat on the bed, and got my cell phone out of my pocket, only to see an ant on my hand. This was the last straw. I went downstairs and told them that we were not staying. We were able to get our money back for that night. We went and found an older motel since it was so late. It was out of date, but clean. At that point, that was all I cared about.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patti B
SmokiesLodge, Public Relations Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

We are incredibly sorry for your experience. Regarding the issue of the carport's roof, guests will throw garbage off onto this area, and we regularly and systematically clean it. We are as unhappy as you about this issue. If you viewed any debris in this location during your stay, it must have been in between their cleaning, and we sincerely apologize for this. We do not have any issue with pests and have a contract with a pest control company who proactively sprays regularly to keep it this way. Any isolated incident is treated with the utmost gravity, and we move on it and treat said area thoroughly and immediately. Such an incident should be immediately detected by our housekeeping staff that is also trained to be proactive to prevent issues, and we sincerely apologize for your circumstance. As you stated, we refunded your money, as this was highly irregular, and again, we do apologize for all of the inconveniences that were caused for you. As you stated, we are happy to offer such a great low price for our rooms, but we are always prouder to have it coupled with a high quality stay to yield the best value in town, as many of our repeat guests enjoy. We are sorry that your experience failed to meet such a high mark.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for the first time in November 2012 when my sister got married. One thing did leave a bad taste in my mouth was that we had told them in advance that we would be staying for 2. The beds were really comfortable and we were really happy with our room. Had no issues with wifi.We got up the next day for the wedding and left for the venue and festivities for the day. We were at the reception when we got a call from the hotel saying we needed to move to another room. Um what? Thanks to them we had to take time out of our mini getaway to come back to the hotel and move our things to a room around the corner. Part of our visit was to include a visit to the aquarium but by the time we got there the aquarium was closed for a private event.

Nevertheless the hotel is clean, for the most part their nice and I'd say what happened in 2012 was an honest mistake.

We had another quick getaway earlier this month and we picked Governor's Inn in sevierville. Which was a big mistake. The room wasn't clean and there were bugs everywhere. Gov. Inn refused to refund our money and I knew Spirit was clean and the people were nice.

Room Tip: rooms with kitchens and fireplace are amazing.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
SmokiesLodge, Public Relations Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for your comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay again. Since we do not have your specific information, we cannot explain what scenario occurred when you were asked to move a couple years ago during your previous stay. We can definitely, uncategorically assure you that we NEVER have as a policy compelling a guest who has reserved a room to move. Without further information, we would not be able to determine or explain what happened. However, we are happy to hear you had a pleasant stay, and we look forward to your return visit.