“Good price and clean ”

Ranked #59 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Tn
“Good price and clean ”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

The room was very clean. We stayed in a queen room with a jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was clean as well and appeared to be new. They have a very nice and clean indoor pool. However the 2 outdoor pools were neglected and needed more chlorine. Overall we will stay again!

Stayed July 2014
SmokiesLodge, Public Relations Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
We appreciate your comments, and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to your return visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Loved this hotel. A lot of pool area, the only problem was not enough lounge chairs outside. The room was VERY clean. Thanks for a great stay. We had a friend come and get a hotel room because their hotel wasn't clean, or welcoming. They also enjoyed it. The price was also great. The carpets were freshly shampooed when we got into our room, and although we kept the 'do not disturb' sign on the door, there was always a note from the housekeeper on the door saying if we need anything to call the front desk. The day after we arrived, they even called our room to let us know if we needed anything to let them know. Coupons were provided to the restaurant next door, which we used. There was live entertainment, and the buffet was decent. Loved the balcony, was very roomy. All in all, we really liked this lodge. Lone Star even stayed at our hotel, which was neat.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. We look forward to your future visits with us!
Cleveland, Virginia
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed July 6 thru 10. I loved it booked room for 2 nights stayed 2 extra nights for a total of 4 nights. Hotel staff was very nice I requested 2 extra pillows they brought them right up. I was in room 5021 it has a kitchen. Very nice. I posted vacation photos to Facebook, and it was so nice my sister came with her family for 2 days, while we were still there. As for some of the complaints I've read, I saw NO BUGS. The tv channels are kind of bad but you have all the major networks and news channels, besides your on vacation watch tv at home. The carpets are clean and their weren't any smells. The outdoor pool area isn't the best but it's not disgusting it's just old is all, one outdoor pool is very nice, the hot tub not so much. But my fiancée and I will stay again. Oh and while there is no free breakfast the Wood Grill beside the hotel offers breakfast for $5.99 with a dollar off coupon for guests we drink water and our breakfast was $11 plus tip. Again we enjoyed our time there and if money permits we will be booking again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the value we provide here at the Spirit of the Smokies.
Tennessee
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed for two nights while on our last trip which was the end of June. Our room was large with one queen bed, sofa sleeper, kitchen and a fireplace. Everything was very clean and we enjoyed our stay very much. The hallway carpet was even cleaned during our stay. Our only thing to be fixed would have been the remote, it worked only if in the exact position and maybe a sign to show where the ice machine was located. Will most likely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LM59
SmokiesLodge, Front Office Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you so much for your comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay,.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I have traveled to the smoky mountains five times since December and have stayed in several different places. I booked a room at this resort online. I was told that my card would not be ran until the morning after my first night stay however when I arrived they had already pre-authorized my card days earlier. The girls at the front desk was very rude and acted as if they were either having a bad day or could care less about their job. I wasn't given directions on how to even get to my room but once I found out I unloaded my three children and my truck and took my luggage upstairs to my room. The room is very dirty there was food on the floor under the couch there was food on the floor by the refrigerator which had wheels on it to be easily move so it could be cleaned behind there were bugs in the room and within minutes of being in the room myself and my daughter were completely covered with whelps from bug bites. The room had an awful owner to it and smelled like six month old corn chips mixed with wet animal. I called down to the front desk and they told me they had one other room that was handicapped accessible that I could look at. This room was at the other end of the hall also on the fifth floor while walking towards this room the smell of sewage was so strong that it would gag you. I must say this rendered seem like it was cleaner but was still dirty everything was dusty the lobby was dirty. When I got back to the room I had originally booked the maintenance man was there he had lifted up the sheets on the bed and pulled the mattress back from the wall and the expression on his face was priceless he simply asked me if I had spoke to them about staying in another room. Seeing his expression I knew that I did not want to stay there so I went to the front desk and told them that I would not be staying there and that I would like to get a refund the girl at the desk informed me that he could take 3 to 4 business days depending on my bank I went ahead and allowed her to do the refund she gave me a receipt for it the next morning I called my bank and my bank informed me that the hotel still have a hold on my account it had nothing to do with them releasing the money all they needed from the hotel was a letter stating that they authorized the release of my funds. I called the hotel and spoke with Chloe who said that she would have to ask a manager when I was there the previous day I checked and there wasn't a manager on duty and they had no way to contact one when I asked to speak to the manager this time he wasn't available I got a call back about an hour later and they said they would send a letter when I spoke to the bank the bank said they sent a copy of the receipt only which was not sufficient enough I called back to the hotel again and ask them to please send letter giving them the exact details of what needed to be listed in the letter, when the letter was not sent four hours later I called back again which went on for the course of two straight days and I had to of made 25 phone calls from the bank to the hotel I finally spoke to Stephanie who identified herself as the front desk supervisor she was very rude would not let me speak told me it wasn't a problem and I was never welcome there again and slammed the phone in my ear. I called my bank and told them about the experience and thankfully I have a good relationship with my bank who went ahead and went out of their way to get the release on my funds with no help from the hotel this was the worst experience I have ever had I would never recommend anyone stay there from times of different reasons including how dirty the places the bugs as well as the service and the attitude of the people who run this place this is just bad business and I don't understand how their even still in business.

Stayed June 2014
8 Thank XoTaraXo
I'm sorry that you were not happy with your experience here at Spirit of the Smokies. We strive to assure that our guests are pleased with their stay and feel at home. I will try to address some of the issues that you mentioned in your review.
First of all there must have been a misunderstanding regarding when your card would be charged. It has never been the policy of this hotel to charge your card when you make your reservation as most hotels do. We simply require a credit/debit card number to guarantee your reservation. On the day of your arrival, if we are going to be sold out, we will then pre-authorize the cards for guests that have not arrived yet to make sure that it is a legitimate reservation. If your card is declined we make every effort to contact the guest to get another form of guarantee, and if not, then we cancel the reservation and sell the room. Your card was not pre-authorized days earlier.
Next regarding your comments on the 5th floor having a sewer like smell. We have sent several people up to check that and could find nothing. We had no other complaints on this issue either, so we are unable to address that further.
We spoke with the maintenance employee who was checking your room. He said that he found no bugs and was actually offended that you said he made a "face" implying that he thought the room was bad. He said that he was just confused because he thought you had changed rooms and he didn't know whether you were coming back to the room and if he needed to clean the room as a check-out or not. To be on the cautious side, we did not re-rent the room that night and had our housekeeping and maintenance staff review the room the next day and again no bugs were found. I do understand that since we do not keep our A/C units running when no one is checked in the room that they do have a little bit of a stale smell in them until the A/C unit is turned on. I must assume that that is what you were referring to when you said you thought the room smelled bad. However, no smoking is allowed in the rooms due to state law and the rooms are aired out as they are cleaned as well.
When you changed rooms you told the desk clerk that you were happy with the change and thanked her (you were moved to the room type that you originally made a reservation for, however you did change that room type as well as many other things prior to your arrival). You were also given a discount on the room.
As far as the monetary issues on your stay. When you arrived you wanted to pay for your room one day at a time. This is fine, however, we require our stays to be guaranteed in order to hold the rooms, so that meant that we could not reserve the room nights for you that were not paid for. This is a very busy time of the year for us and we cannot hold rooms without a guarantee. Once you understood that, you decided that you would pay cash for half of the charge and put on half your card. Again, we pre-authorized the card but did not actually charge it until you checked-out. When you decided to check-out early, your bank then holds the pre-authorized funds for a few days before they release them (their policy, not ours). We, however, sent faxes to them twice to try to help out with this situation. The cash refund that you wanted was actually more than what the cash portion to be refunded should have been since you had paid half with cash and half with card. The morning shift primarily deals with check-outs and does not have a lot of cash in their drawers. The afternoon shift deals primarily with check-ins and has more cash on hand to deal with this situation. You were asked to check with the next shift for the cash refund amount you had requested, which we agreed to even though we should have placed half on your card, and they were given a heads up that you would be coming. The clerk you talked to was informed of this and yet chose not to assist you. She is no longer in our employ.
Once again, we are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We are a family run business that desires to provide a great vacation to our guests.

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Jackson ga
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I take our kids to Pigeon Forge twice a year and we thought it would be fun to stay in the Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge (bad idea)! The hotel is really pretty from the road and they have built a new indoor pool with a water slide and kiddie pool that happens to be the best part about the hotel! First day when we got there we didn't like the inside of the hotel the lobby was really dusty and the first shift front desk ladies must have been having a bad day when my husband and I checked in we told them we didn't know for sure that we wanted to stay there the whole time that we had booked which was from Wednesday thru Sunday. The ladies acted as though they could careless if we stayed or not and said if we didn't pay we would lose the room and it was the last one that was big enough for our family so we went ahead and paid for the whole stay and they told us to come back down there that night if we wanted to check out the next day and the night shift lady could give us cash back so we did and that lady said she had no way to give us cash back and even told us she had no way to call the manager that told us that she could earlier ! We went up to the room and we didn't really like the view which we could deal with but....... later that night we found roaches crawling on the ceiling of course we called the office right away and they sent somebody up to kill them and spray in the room and this was really late so we had to set outside with our little girls who have asthma and wait! The next day we went and talked to the lady manager again and she said she didn't have the cash then to give us a refund and said she could put the money back on our debit card which could take up to 3 to 4 days we didn't like that idea so she offered another room with a different view and no bugs which was so small we had roll away beds for our girls then we got in that room and had to have the air fixed every day and night! First night in that room we had to stay up until 2 am waiting on it to get changed the maintenance man Dan (the greatest ever most helpful employee they have there!) he really tried 2 nights in a row so the next night we had the same problem till 1 am it never got better we would sweat every night in that room! Bottom line we were forced to stay where we weren't happy they are not very friendly or clean the outside pools are gross they spend so much time on the indoor pool they forget about the outdoor ones and we always took the stairs and somebody spilled a drink in the lobby stair area and we told them about it so they but up a wet floor sign and the spill was there for 2 days! We spend a lot of time and money in Pigeon forge every year but never ever again will we stay there! Don't waste your time or money!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Amanda R
I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. It is our goal for all guests to be satisfied. I will try to address the items that you mentioned in your review.
First of all you mentioned that the lobby was dusty. The lobby area is cleaned daily by a person in the housekeeping department whose sole job it is to clean the public areas of the hotel. Our maintenance staff also has a man sweep the lobby again during the night. However, there is a lot of traffic through there and I understand that sometimes someone messes it up again.
As far as the A/C unit not working. The maintenance man on duty replaced your unit, tested it, found it was functioning properly, and left. For the second time he was called that it was not working and again he completely replaced the unit, tested it and it was functioning properly, but we understand that you say it again was not working. I'm not sure what was causing the problem. It is working now.
You said that the outside pool area was "gross". Our outside pool areas are cleaned twice a day. Again, we can't physically have someone there round the clock to watch the pools so sometimes guests make a mess and it won't be cleaned up until the next scheduled cleaning unless someone comes by the front desk to let us know that there is an issue. The stairs area is cleaned once a day, so I don't know how it could have been an issue two days in a room.
As far as the monetary issue for your stay. Guests are welcome to check-out whenever it is convenient for them. The only requirement that we have is that the guest stay the first night of their reservation. So if you make a reservation for 5 days and something comes up and you want to check out early there is no penalty. However, we do pre-authorize your card for your entire stay at check-in to make sure that we are guaranteed payment for the nights that you have told us that you want us to hold a room for you. The catch is with the banks who issue your card. They keep the pre-authorized amount in abeyance for 3-5 days typically, even after we have charged your card and the balance of the pre-authorized amount should be released. We have no control over this issue. We have on more than one occasion sent faxes to banks to let them know that we have charged a card and that the amount can be released but that is completely at the banks discretion. We have no desire to hold guests hostage, or keep them from having money available to them that is legitimately theirs!!
Once again, we have every hope that our guests enjoy their stay and feel like we are their second home.
Empire, Alabama
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was the second time to stay here great place. Love the fact that it is run by good christian people. Would recommend to anyone. The only problem for me was low water pressure in the shower. But I could work around that. Will stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
SmokiesLodge, Public Relations Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return visit.