“Front desk help was very nice, but room was filthy!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pigeon Forge
Ranked #26 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Nashville, Tennessee
“Front desk help was very nice, but room was filthy!”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I reserved a pet friendly room from Friday, July 20 to Sunday, July 22nd. I was traveling with my highly trained certified pet partner. The room I was given was on the first floor and as soon as I opened the door, the smell of dog urine hit you right in the face. I said something to the lady at the front desk and asked for some spray. Those are the pet friendly rooms. The sofa was so dirty and stained, I would not sit on it without first putting a towel on it. The carpet was nasty, so I always had shoes on. The tub wasn't even clean and the smoke detector was hanging out of the ceiling. And for good measure, there was no iron. The people were nice, but just because we travel with pets or service dogs, or therapy dogs, does that mean we have to stay in filthy rooms? I have always traveled with my dog and have never had to stay in such filth and can assure you, I won't again. The hotel I was originally going to stay in was booked. I have photos of the room and was not the only consumer to have complaints of this nature. Actually, I believe their room may have even been worse. Like I said, the people at the desk were nice, but they don't own the hotel and I will be filing a complaint woth the corporate office regarding this issue.

• Stayed July 2012
Microtel313, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, 2 September 2012
Dear Guest

I'm very sorry for your recent stay. My name is Dan Karnes, I'm the Front office manager of Microtel Suites. Please let me first say that we are under new management, and are working very hard to fix some of the underlying issues in our hotel. Please let me know what I can do to fix this issue, I am very dedicated to working with any issues and fixing them the best way possible. Please let me know what I can do to understand this issue further.

Dan Karnes-F.O.M
Microtel Suites
865-453-1116

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Erwin, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I was not sure what we would have when we got there. I was suprised it was clean , the pool was small but it was ok , the breakfast was really good' I booked this with my points so it was free some times you get a crapy room or that has happen to me before. The staff was awesome very helpful and nice. The only thing it was not as close to Pigeon Forge as I thought but I will stay there again. we had a suite that would sleep 7 without being cramp up.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Claxton, Georgia
Reviewed 16 June 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay very much- the room was like a small apartment! It was very clean and neat. All of the staff were very nice and pleasant, they really made us feel comfortable, in fact we didn't want to leave so we booked it for another nite! We love going to the country music shows, they are right down the road and very convenient to get to. We adopted a small "rescue" dog that had been abused- we didn't want to leave her at home so we had to get a "pet friendly" hotel. This was our first experience with a pet and we felt so at ease having her here with us. We will definitely stay here again- in fact next month!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms facing highway- great view!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Kimberling City, Missouri
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Rooms are filthy, air cond, broke,smells of pee, NEON green walls, screens torn, windows broken,bulbs out,hair on pillows, old tv, paneling,disgusting, not worth the money! Please beware!! No refunds!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Morrisville, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 May 2012

My stay at Microtel Suites at Music Road Pigeon Forge, TN was wonderful. The staff was so helpful and nice. The room was perfect, even had a Jacuzzi. I loved the free breakfast, it was more like a breakfast buffet. Everything was modern, clean and comfortable, just like home. TV reception was great. I would definitely recommend this Suites and plan on staying here every time I return to Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ron c
Mold
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We were shocked to discover that Pigeon Forge was a bit like Orlando but then, it's biggest attraction is Dollywood. Microtel Inns and Suites were superb. Excellent HOT breakfast and staff who could not do enough for you.

We booked a room with 2 double beds and they were excellent and comfortable. The bathroom was excellent and the fridge and microwave allowed us to self-cater.

Room Tip: If you enjoyed Idrive in Orlando you would love it here.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Lake Orion, Michigan
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Our check in went fine. We got to the hallway on our floor and it had a bad smell. We entered our suite and the table was took up by this massive tv, allthough there was a place for a tv elsewhere. We were using the hidabed, but no bedding was in the room. Checked out the bathroom and found one bath towel and wash cloth. Went to the front desk to get bedding and towels. Sign up at front said person would be back soon. He was gone long enought for us to unload our luggage, go to our room, come back down and wait along with the person who wanted to check in and the person who wanted a room. At breakfast, it was dirty and disorganized. The juice was giving out water, no cream cheese, unless you dug on the cart by the wall, but unrefrigerated. This could be a great property if someone cared.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family