My family and I have a tradition of going for a few days to Pigeon Forge to spend time together before school starts back. This year we had to find a pet friendly hotel because of our new dog. The staff was completely accommodating to help us get settled. The pet friendly rooms are cleaned with a vinegar based cleaner for safety of the animals they are accommodating. If you have a complaint about smells as I have seen, ask the front desk for assistance. They provided a machine to help air our room out. By the next time we came in our room a couple of hours later, the smell of vinegar and cleaner was gone.
The pool was an okay size, but there were several large parties at the hotel while we were there. The pool was often overcrowded, but we ended up using the hotel later in the day when there seemed to be less people.
The breakfast was a typical breakfast. It's free and quick, which is what many people want to do when exploring places like Dollywood and other area attractions. If the room is full, get your food and take it back to the suite you are staying in. That is what we did many mornings so we were not overcrowded.
As for the room, there was a great size fridge, tons of storage and cabinets even closet. There were not enough towels, but the front desk willingly provided us more as well as additional bedding. My six year old loved the window seat. He actually called that to be his own bed so he did not have to sleep on the floor or share with us girls. He also liked the drawers underneath so he could hide his toys in there without them getting lost. The room also allowed for plenty of room with our new dog. She loved running around the room. There was plenty of dog walking areas for the guests. There is also grills and picnic tables outside for people to smoke or enjoy eating together.
There has been a lot of upgrading since some of the photos I looked at on this website and other reviews. There are flat screened tvs. The front desk staff was very helpful with everything, including answering questions. The hotel location is great. Finding the way to get to the hotel seemed to be another complaint I saw when I reviewed this hotel before booking. I had no problem finding the place to turn in. The hotel is directly behind Krystals. If you are able to find Krystals and pull in, there parking lot is connected to the hotel's driveway.
This hotel was a positive experience for our family. There was plenty to do around the hotel. The difficult part was pulling in to the hotel from the opposite side of the road. There really needs to be a red light or easier way to turn in instead of a detour by GPS to circle the WonderWorks museum or do a u-turn at the red light. That is the only reason I did not give this hotel a higher rating. Also, the rates were awesome. Great deal for our family to use more money on entertaining and shopping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are under new management! Close to Wonder Works and the Hatfield and McCoy Dinner Show. Book a room at Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Pigeon Forge near Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Our Pigeon Forge hotel is just a short drive from the best Pigeon Forge has to offer, making your stay with us fun and easy. Brighten your morning with our free continental breakfast with hot food items. Before you head out for a day of exploring, check your email with free high-speed Internet access, or go for a swim in our seasonal outdoor pool. Our pet-friendly hotel offers free parking and guest laundry services. Handicapped-accessible rooms are available at our hotel, We are 100% smoke free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pigeon Forge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Suites At Music Road Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Microtel At Music Road
- Microtel Pigeon Forge
- Pigeon Forge Microtel
- Pigeon Forge Music Rd Microtel Suites