“What was I thinking?”

Ranked #65 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Cross Plains, Tennessee
“What was I thinking?”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Smoky - hallways Shadows - parking lot. I took my family on vacation and left with two sick kids, wife and myself. Room was nasty. Carpet smelled of urine. Tub in room did not work. Microwave did not work. Second microwave did not work. Third microwave was actually first microwave. Swimming pool was green. Everything was in very poor repair. Swimming pool room was rusted. This place should be condemned. I can't believe this place actually makes a profit. I guess not putting money into the structure counts as profit in their minds. I would not wish this place on my boss! I wish I went with a hotel chain at a minimum. The only plus was that it was easy finding a parking spot. Oh yeah, out of the three days we stayed there our room was semi cleaned once. Of course that did not include coffee maker, shower or bed sheets. It felt so good to get home and decontaminate.

Room Tip: Run, Forrest, run
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 1969Tom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Honaker, Virginia
Reviewed 13 October 2012

My church went on New Years Eve for the Extreme Winter Conference in Gatlinburg. The hotel came with as a bundle. We had three room with two king size bed in each room. We were not the only church group there. I don't think our youth pastors like the people at the counter to much. The hotel did smell like people were smoking. The towels were awful. No one was going to steal those towels. I didn't think the comforter on the bed was the cleanest. We really didn't stay in it a lot though. We was out most of the day and wasn't back until almost 3 every morning. So I think it was good we didn't rent a cabin because we just didn't stay there enough. It not a place that I or any of us will probably go back too. It does have a indoor pool that we wish we went down and enjoyed. We had a lot of fun though!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Chatsworth, Georgia
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Well, I wished I had read more reviews, or listened them. This was the worst place we have ever stayed in Pigeon Forge. The place was run down, blanket had a "big hole" in it!! We should have paid a little more and stayed somewhere nice. This room was supposed to be "non-Smoking", but smelled liike smoke!! We do not smoke, and did not like the idea we were lied to about the room. It is so outdated,carpet was stained and old, so was all the furniture! I will never, never,stay here again, and would never recommend it to anyone. I guess the old saying you get what you pay for? only we didn't even get what we paid for. Nasty,awful,and should be closed!!!
Susan Coker

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Let me just tell you the highlights of this fine establishment.

Despite the "This is where people go to get murdered" appearance, be fully confident that you will be serviced with two king-sized beds, as promised.
However, please be aware that that will be the only perk you are paying $142 a night for.
The other promises the advertisements deliver are somewhat compromised after entering the room.

If you are looking forward to soaking in the fully equipped jacuzzi after a long, hard day of shopping and fighting bumber-to-bumber traffic, I hope you are comfortable displaying your relaxation infront of your roommates, since the bathtub is somewhat of a stage found in front of the tv, and not the in the bathroom. Though, this isn't too much of an inconvenience if you enjoy a snack while bathing, since the fridge and microwave are directly adjacent to the tub. Personally, the thrill of looming electrocution takes a bathing experience to another level.

The people of smokey shadows have thought of /everything/ to accommodate your relaxing stay here, even your time on the John. Never will you have to "lift a finger" to flush the commode, the smokey shadowians have designed their toilet to constantly run after the first starting flush. That way, guests can come in, do their business and leave without worrying about the annoying procedure. If you don't enjoy this commodity, the hospitables at the front desk will kindly direct you to reach into the water and pull the corroded flush mechanism yourself.
If your vouyeristic bath didn't make you feel clean enough, time in the shower most definately will. Curators at the motel have designed the water temperature to differentiate as time goes on. This, of course, is to bring your experiance to another level. The fluctuating temperature varies from ice-cold to scalding-hot, and they have programmed the temperature to differ at random, to keep one on their toes.
If you're not appreciative of the these commodities, you could /try/ to call the front desk, this of course, if you can get the phones to work.

Other than the rooms themselves, one staying at the shadows will find that the hospitality is great. They will tell you once you get settled in that the high speed wifi here may not be so high speed (or functioning), but they will happily point you to 'borrow' wifi from the motel across the street.

No matter how you say your stay is like, the smokey shadows will always offer you the finest complimentary breakfast of warm milk and oatmeal pies, take your money, and send you home.
"Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

• Stayed October 2012
5 Thank Wgadd
Rome, Georgia
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This hotel was atrocious. We are not overly picky about hotels. Since we were only staying 2 nights this time, so we knew we would be in the room mainly to sleep, so we didn't require a lot. We apparently required more than this hotel offered :) The room was dirty and we were afraid to take off our shoes. The room smelled old and closed up and the bathroom had hair everywhere. The continental breakfast consisted of 2 types of cereal, orange juice, coffe, and Little Debbie cakes only. The kicker, though, was the indoor pool. It was nasty! After my daughter jumped in and the water moved, we realized there was a green film line around the pool! She ended up sick a day or two after we got home, and I think it was from the bacteria in that nasty pool. Do not stay here if you have any choice!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Bethpeper
Abingdon, Virginia
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I wish I would have payed a little more and stayed somewhere else. The room smelled musty. At 4 in the morning a roach went across the table between the beds. There was no hairdryer in the room. I was told that they did not provide hair dryers. I pulled up there website and told them that there website says that they do. I finally got one about an hour later but it did not work. The mattress was very hard. The sheet came off of the corner of the mattress and the mattress had the name of another cheap motel chain. Half of the lights did not work in the room.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AngelaP346
Bridgeport, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This place is rundown and nasty. We stayed 2 nights over Labor Day weekend. I travel alot and do not have high standards. However, I do like for my room to be clean. The first room we were given had cob-webs so that tells me it had not been cleaned or stayed in recently. So I was given another room, which was some better but still could have stood a really good cleaning. I had to go report that the light over the vanity did not work and requested a hair dryer which I was told a work order was placed and they would be up shortly. Which never happend the 2 days we were there. They never showed up.Just as the previous review states the air vents were covered in dust. This motel could be a really decent place to stay if management cared and it was cleaned up and run properly. Just pay a little extra and get a better place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple