“Worst hotel I have ever used.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Smoky Shadows

Smoky Shadows
Ranked #66 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Worst hotel I have ever used.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

Mold, mildew, no heat, no hot water, no wifi, indoor pool was cold and green, blood on sink, old food in fridge, and breakfast was grits or erasing bran with over watery OJ. Management refused to refund our money or give us a different room.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank meerandah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

Showed everything going smooth had a seventh floor room with hot tub, personal balcony and river view. I get to the back parking lot its trashed. (Keep in mind the only reason I am staying here is indoor pool.) I overlook it thinking maybe they didnt know. I make my way to the pool which is the only way to get to the elevator for the seventh floor. The pool is green. Im upset but let it go because there is a hot tub in my room. Well I make it to the elevator to find out its being repaired. I wait about 15 minutes its repaired. Ask the elevator repair man if its safe he is very rude. So finally I make to my room to find the jets on the hot tub filthy. Needless to say I got a refund and left.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Nothard2please88

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Easley, South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

Too much money.The outlets didnt work, smelt awful,the people theat worked there was okay .The jacuzzi was a little .The outdoor pool was green. I didnt enoy our stay to me it was a waste of time at the hotel

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Caroline W
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

Just checked out..Room was much higher than they said it would be, no wii fii and the TV 5 static channels. The blinds had slats missing so it was a straight shot into the jacuzzi from outside, no room cleaning or towels for three days. As a repeat customer I will find other accommodations. FYI as far as the kids the pool had a moderate green color. There was a nice couple as I checked out who offered a discount the next time I am there.. The manager there couldn't have cared less.

Room Tip: go anywhere but here...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank J W
Morristown, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed at smoky shadows for presidents day. We paid over 100$ for one night and i have to say it was awful. Two of the outlets didn't work, the room smelled if cigarettes and mildew and the tv didn't work. There was not even a hair dryer. We went to the front desk and all they said is well that is all we have. They didn't even offer us another room. I would have been more comfortable sleeping in my car than that bed that felt like a slab of concrete.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank LATASHA A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

Liked it a lot going to stay again. Good location. Awesome fireplace and jacuzzi suite. Location was good. Enjoyed the pool. It's very close to the better restaurants. We really had a great time and we are looking forward to staying again this weekend.

• Stayed February 2013
Cleveland, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

We have been staying at smokey shadow motel now for over 6 years at least 6 times a year.I called and made a reservation on Valentines weekend and spoke with the same lady 2 times about reservation.She took my credit card number and assured me that the Presidential suite i book would be there on my arrival.I told her that it would be late that nite arriving and she said that would be fine.Once we got there that nite she tells me my card had been charged for the room and then had me sign in,ha that was a joke the paper she had me sign was in the wrong name then she tells me she doesnt have the room i booked.When i told her your the one i spoke to on two different occasions she said she knew.Then she trys to give me a less expensive room for the same rate that the presidential was and this one had one bed,no fireplace or jaccuzi.I got mad and she acted as if she could care less.I left motel and happened to think she said she had charged my card.When I called her back the dummy said she had already given me my room.These people are crazy and could care less about there loyal customers.That nite left us looking for a motel at 11.00 at nite that was pet friendly.BUNCH OF LOOSERS!!!!STAY AWAY FROM HERE.THIS IS COMING FROM A LONG TIME CUSTOMER.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple