“Not Happy At All”
Review of Smoky Shadows

Smoky Shadows
Ranked #69 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 21 February 2014

First the rooms are really old needs renovated bad. There was burn holes in pillow case, small tv's(which would be ok but they do not come in well and have very few channels, the Wi Fi wasn't available for the first 2 or 3 hours we were here, then they reset; but too slow to watch movie on my kindle. Also, the lights in the indoor pool were almost all out, and a couple bulbs went out why we were in there making it very hard to see. And this was all before going to bed on the first night.

Room Tip: Only stay in the rooms in the middle tower
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sleepyhead533

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This was the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed at in my life. Online it looked like a good option but once we got there we realized it was not but every other hotel in the area was booked. It took us 2.5 hours to check in because they overbooked the rooms but blamed everyone else for it. Once we finally got a room it did not have the beds I requested. Room was dirty, heater blew not cold air but room never heated up, towel had mildew stains, beds had no blankets or fitted sheets, had what appeared to be poop smeared on the bathroom wall, and the next morning I saw a bug on the bed. I squished it and blood was smeared on the mattress, so they also had bed bugs. The customer service was horrible with no one accepting any responsibility or offering any possible solutions.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
2  Thank Tabitha K
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We were assigned a room that did not exist. After the manager went with us to find the room he could not find it either. We were then "upgraded". The upgrade gave us a roomm with spider web coccons on the exterior curtains and broken slats on the exterior door's panels. We had to flush the toilet by putting our hand in the tank. Not all the lights worked. The pool was very dark but the water was warm and desirable. Only stay here if every other room in the state are closed and you cannot camp. All night the heat was turned up full and we were still cold. I even took the bedspread off the second bed but still was cold.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jimmy W
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We arrived after booking online and were "greeted" by loud and rude man on phone with someone complaining about the customers in line and the bookings online. We thought we were getting the newer room in the Tower but due to online booking seemed we were downgraded to the older part of the motel. Room was filty, the section we were in unkempt with crumbling concrete on the whole 3 flights of stairs to climb. My children said another person using the pool one night pulled the hand rails completely out of the concrete (not attached) when trying to exit the deep end of indoor pool. The room: dead stinkbugs and roaches lying around, I had to go get disinfectant to clean the tile floor which had dirty shoe prints on it. The stench of cigarettes in the non smoking labeled room and dirty ashtray on table when we arrived, left me to believe that non smoking rooms were only a suggestion, not a rule. Our white socks turned brown on bottom quickly on the carpet, so we kept socks on for entire time. Daughter killed a live roach crawling on floor, then on Saturday after they cleaned room, a live stinkbug was crawling up my shirt, we were going to leave then, but had family to meet the next day for lunch in Pigeon Forge and were tired & cold from Dollywood all day. Family in Gatlinburg offered to let us stay with them that night, but i knew they didn't have room. I did not sleep at all. This was Christmas present from my daughter & I was so ashamed of the choice I made thinking we were getting in newer section with indoor pool where children did not have to go outside to get to there. They had to drive over and back to use it. After the way the man in front acted and we started reading reviews (after the fact unfortunately), we didn't feel it would help to request another room, just wanted to leave. We did not eat there since it was barely Continental. The office and eating area appearance was not much better than our room. On checkout we were given a toll free # to call to request a refund to our credit card. I wasted 3 hrs going in circles, of my time there with my family with no result; until I returned home and reached the company I had originally scheduled with. They called the motel but would only reimburse the 2nd night. After reading the other reviews, I feel this is a place waiting for a bad accident for innocent people who are trying to find a decent place to stay while enjoying the sites in the area. Never again, and I will always read reviews hereafter. Thanks Trip Advisor for being here.

4  Thank MERunyan
Reviewed 29 December 2013

well this place is the most worst place to stay..from trying to over book our reserv..price to the the unclean room..had blood on the sheets and flies in the jacuzzi tub and the floor. and we reported it three times before anything was done.and the staff was clueless of what to do.room keys kept deactivateing and so on.......

Room Tip: stay away from this place untill last resort........
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank harleyrider52
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I would never recommend staying here, not even to my worst enemy! The 1st room, we were locked out of, the 2nd room had a smooshed bug on ceiling over the bed, brown stuff on tile in front of bathroom, black stuff on curtains, the room shown online is not what you get, the steps are made of cement with metal around it (well whats left of it), there are no elevators, the manager supposedly quit that night and refused to give back any monies, said he was not allowed to. Other people were leaving just the same for similar reasons. Now I must fight the charge with my credit card company and We did not even stay there. Needs a MAJOR overhaul!! Do not stay here!!!

1  Thank Christine G
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is the worst unprofessional outfit I have ever seen. After 90 minutes of waiting with a reservation, we still could not get checked in. They gave us a key that didn't work, wasn't sure where the room was, and told us to knock first because someone else might be in it. I'm completely serious.

The only staff was the clerk and a maintenance man-- neither of whom seemed competent enough to manage a lemonade stand let alone a hotel. Everyone, and I do mean everyone had some kind of complaint that was standing in line-- toilet didn't work, bugs in the room, torn curtains, murky pool water, no toilet paper... There was also a common theme of trying to overcharge and double charge people what they had already contracted and reserved for. No one even so much as said sorry for the inconvenience.

Worst hotel experience of my life-- stay away! You've been warned.

3  Thank Jared A